Pelicans Report

Page 14 of 48 FirstFirst ... 4 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 24 ... LastLast

Thread: Official 2012 Free Agency Thread/All Non-Hornets FA/trade posts here {merged}

Quote Originally Posted by nolaslim213 View Post
    Man... That's about as bad a deal as you could ever hope for. Much worse than what we got for Chris Paul, who is widely seen as the inferior player to Howard.
    Well Chris Paul wasn't slamming his trade value by saying he only has one team on his list, being a horrible teammate and leader or acting like a complete baby. I think most teams would take Paul over Howard not named the Nets because they know what they are getting.

Man... That's about as bad a deal as you could ever hope for. Much worse than what we got for Chris Paul, who is widely seen as the inferior player to Howard.
    The deal may not be ideal from the Magic's perspective, but absent other better deals, they may decide the time is right to move him. IMHO, the trade of Paul, while also involving a premier player, isn't comparable because of all of the variables unique to each deal. If you just consider Howard's insistence on going only to the Nets, that limits what the Magic can realistically expect to move him for. What team is going to offer significantly more with the knowledge that he would be unwilling to sign a long term contract with them? The Magic should squeeze the Nets for all they can get while turning those assets into pieces they can rebuild with. Holding onto Howard at this point seems to be a non-starter for them, so a plan for life without him is the best they can hope for.

Also depending on what the contracts Brooks and Humpries agree to, I like that more than the Lakers handcuff trade.

Quote Originally Posted by rubicon View Post
    Not so sure about that statement. A dominant center will always be seen in greater light than a valuable point guard. But Paul's efficency numbers always soar over Howards. Debating on building a team around either is debatable. Paul is also considered one of the best point guards to play the game. He's almost a clone of Isaiah Thomas.
    I think people consider Howard more valueable, not a better player. There's Dwight on one tier, then skip a tier and put Bynum, then everyone else on lower tiers. I think Paul's the best true PG out there but there are guys close to him at his position.

Quote Originally Posted by rubicon View Post
    Not so sure about that statement. A dominant center will always be seen in greater light than a valuable point guard. But Paul's efficency numbers always soar over Howards. Debating on building a team around either is debatable. Paul is also considered one of the best point guards to play the game. He's almost a clone of Isaiah Thomas.
    This is what I'm talking about. If both CP and Howard are rated as an A+, you take the Center and run. Every time.

Quote Originally Posted by BallSoHard View Post
    I think people consider Howard more valueable, not a better player. There's Dwight on one tier, then skip a tier and put Bynum, then everyone else on lower tiers. I think Paul's the best true PG out there but there are guys close to him at his position.
    I agree (weird... are we considered friends yet?), and that's because dominant big men are so hard to come by. As such, they are worth more.

Howard's value's inflated because there are no true great centers in the nba today. Just think at shaq, ewing and the like, and when you realize the best today is dwight howard..booom

I think Paul and Howard are both on the same top level tier with Durant and James. These four can instantly change a team and be championship caliber with a guy from the second or third tier. You are definitely right about the position difference in the two, but it feels like the game is changing and its the golden age of the point guard. Maybe because its the lack of centers or teams are just playing to that strenght.

If Howard became an offensive force, I think physically he could overtake Lebron and most valuable, but still doesn't have the offensive game yet.
    follow me @SportsPillowTlk . I blog and have a podcast about Gulf Coast Sports, Saint, Texans, Rockets, Hornets, LSU, Cougars, Longhorns, NBA, NFL, MLB, Astros

This is what I'm talking about. If both CP and Howard are rated as an A+, you take the Center and run. Every time.
    Yea I agree

I agree (weird... are we considered friends yet?), and that's because dominant big men are so hard to come by. As such, they are worth more.
    Lol yes we are. I've come to enjoy the trades, analysis and such, and realize you make them because you're passionate about the Hornets, which i admire.

WOW

Knicks offer Shump, Douglas, Gadzuric Harrellson and Jordan to get Nash for 4 years 42 million.

LOL toronto offered Landry Fields 3 years 20 million with a Bloated last year (Asik type) as a restricted free agent. Playing HARD BALL w New York for Nash.

Link?

http://espn.go.com/new-york/nba/stor...al-sources-say

5 Million year 1
    5.2 Million Year 2
    9.8 Million year 3

WOW

Knicks offer Shump, Douglas, Gadzuric Harrellson and Jordan to get Nash for 4 years 42 million.
    wut

Quote Originally Posted by Smirk View Post
    wut
    Sign and trade offer after the Raptors stuck it to the Knicks with Landry Fields.

Link?

Sign and trade offer after the Raptors stuck it to the Knicks with Landry Fields.
    Actually meant a link for the ny rumour

@chardfordinsider

And my appologies, it said they "Could offer".

The Franchise    Contributor   

since we have a lot of cap space, would you have any interest in getting involved in the Orlando situation? Agreeing to take Hedo in exchange for also receiving something like an unprotected first, or multiple firsts, in like 2016, 2017? A little silly, sure, but unprotected firsts are always nice, and maybe injuries derail them and the pick doesn't stink. And we have to spend the money somewhere. I don't like Hedo, but I'm not sold on Aminu either. Actually, might make more sense to take Duhon, could use a short term guard. That's the great thing about cap space for a smaller market, we can get involved as a facilitator...

Wow, the Nets are really going all in... Howard, Williams, Johnson AND Wallace..

18 months ago their best player was Brook Lopez..
    "I'd like to send this letter to the Prussian consulate in Siam by aeromail. Am I too late for the 4:30 auto-gyro?"

Chris_Broussard Chris Broussard
    Jeremy Lin will visit the Houston Rockets tomorrow, sources say.

I love that Toronto are reportedly trying to sabotage the Knicks' deal for Nash..

C'mon Raptors! Do it for the little guys!..

Wait, what are the Raptors doing to mess up the Knicks? I havent been following the story.
    If you Jimmer it, they will come.

Quote Originally Posted by UNO Gracias View Post
    Wait, what are the Raptors doing to mess up the Knicks? I havent been following the story.
    Going hard after Nash and Fields.

"I'm not going to allow my putative owner to answer that question, this is an NBA related press conference. Paul Tagliabue and Roger Goodell have collectively sung their praises of Tom and if uh ESPN has a problem with that tell Mr. Skipper to call me at my office."

Thread Information