Pelicans Report

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Another Team after Gordon...The Suns now {merged}

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by da_freshness View Post
    Damn....... I hope this isnt true.... I hoped no team would offer him the max.
    they just wanna make us pay for a injured prone young star

In a way, what did the Suns have to lose? Knowing the Hornets came out and said they'll match anything, they're just maxing out the salary of a player and thus limiting the future options for a competitor.

Vote Voodoo! Contributor Unknown Poster's Avatar
    The Suns just aren't going to cavalierly throw out a max offer just for the purpose of making the Hornets' cap take a deeper hit. If you offer something you better be willing/able to end up paying it because there's still a decent chance you just might have to...
    "Hornets means nothing." - Tom Benson

I think if a team like the Suns or anyone really offers the max, we will look into a sign and trade. There is a lot of risk in offering a max deal with his injury history, so maybe a sign and trade could be in the works, in that situation.

Quote Originally Posted by Soundwave View Post
    The Max he can get from the Suns = 4 Years, 55.2 million dollars from another team [12.922, 13.504, 14.085, 14.667]

http://www.hornets247.com/blog/2012/...davis-and-cp3/
    Easily match. No questions. Hope he signs that offer sheet. We don't use up our 5 year max, and that's not that bad of a deal for a player who will be in his prime during the meat of the contract.

You don't follow my Twitter, I lead yours.

https://twitter.com/#!/onpointlikecp3

I'm not going to lie now, I'm afraid of EJ's injuries. Let's just s&t him for the best possible return and move on...please!

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by WhereisWaldo View Post
    I'm not going to lie now, I'm afraid of EJ's injuries. Let's just s&t him for the best possible return and move on...please!
    agreed

People... People...

Quote Originally Posted by onpointlikecp3 View Post
    People... People...

Was it ever in question? Any team who throws out an offer is wasting their time and cap space. It would be stupid, and as an owner, I would be pissed off at my GM for tying up money that could be spent on other high-profile FAs because, as we all know, the big names go first.

Quote Originally Posted by nolaslim213 View Post
    Was it ever in question? Any team who throws out an offer is wasting their time and cap space. It would be stupid, and as an owner, I would be pissed off at my GM for tying up money that could be spent on other high-profile FAs because, as we all know, the big names go first.
    Stupid on them? Bad on us. This just means we'll have to match any offer! What if we wanted to offer something lower than the competitors? Then what? That plan gets tossed quickly!

The Franchise Contributor wopester's Avatar
    What could we even expect to get back in a S&T?

Quote Originally Posted by wopester View Post
    What could we even expect to get back in a S&T?
    It's not an option, so there really isn't much point in talking about it.

Everything is an option. Even if the probability tanks extremely low.

Quote Originally Posted by Unknown Poster View Post
    Everything is an option. Even if the probability tanks extremely low.
    When the probability of an option drops low enough, it is no longer an option. Be realistic.

Quote Originally Posted by WhereisWaldo View Post
    this, we have Rivers who can play SG and will be on a rookie contract for a while. Maybe Hornets could even get the rights to Kendall Marshall as part of a deal to get Gordon?

I'm always realistic! I still think there's a chance a trade could happen with Gordon, albeit remote.

EG isn't going anywhere!

His heart is in New Orleans. Liver in Boston. Kidneys in Kansas. Alimentary Canal in Anaheim.

Quote Originally Posted by rebelman View Post
    this, we have Rivers who can play SG and will be on a rookie contract for a while. Maybe Hornets could even get the rights to Kendall Marshall as part of a deal to get Gordon?
    Even if they gave us Gortat and Marshall, they have nothing else. They don't have the assets to acquire him. Maybe an unprotected 1st round pick next year because they will definitely suck, but that still isn't enough.

Again, he is the best young SG in the league. We aren't trading him. We can't get equal value - unless Miami calls with an S&T for LeBron James. I guess there is a chance that could happen, right UKP?

the only thing that annoys me about this is that we'll have to give Gordon the max, obviously were not going to just lose Gordon over a few million... Was hoping hed sign a friendly deal 4 years 40 million just like Gallinari signed would be perfect, leaves us flexible to sign another star...

also it sucks that phoenix has absolutely nothing to offer us so we wont match, if a team like lets say Indiana offered him the max and they said well give you collison george and a 1st not to match, I'd be fine with that

Again, he is the best young SG in the league. We aren't trading him. We can't get equal value - unless Miami calls with an S&T for LeBron James. I guess there is a chance that could happen, right UKP?

He's one of the best WHEN healthy, but he's never healthy

The Suns have a terrible owner who wants to be cheap. He's killed that franchise. No way he will offer Gordon the 4 year max.

Emeka Okafor - Joe Smith - Carmelo Anthony - Manu Ginobili - Jason Williams

Al Jefferson - James Posey - Aaron McKie - Shaun Livingston

If you retards actually read the article, then you'd know it's speculation on the writer's part.

It's not an option, so there really isn't much point in talking about it.
    Don't be foolish! If the guy doesn't want to stay then what? We force him because we want him to? Think before you speak.

Thread Information