Pelicans Report

Thread: Tired of seeing people say we won't be good again this season

The Voice of Reason Contributor RaisingTheBar's Avatar

Rant Tired of seeing people say we won't be good again this season

Say what you want about the teams we faced, but when Gordon played we went 6-3. It's all about if we can stay healthy or not. There isn't a doubt in my mind that we have a better team this year than last, again its all about health. I'm not saying we are going to contend, but I'm getting a little aggravated of seeing people say we are going to either suck or end up with another low pick like this year. I have faith we will prove to everyone that we are on the rise this season. Monty maybe COY?

COY is a curse. Save for the last 3 COY's, the 6 before them were canned shortly after being named COY. Mike Brown, Byron Scott, Sam Mitchell, Avery Johnson....

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    I always thought if we fielded a healthy team for those 66 games we would've challenged for an 8th seed at worst. People say we're going to be a bad team this year...please. We weren't a bad team this year. Charlotte was freaking bad. Washington and Toronto were bad.

We were competitors lacking in talent. Now we got Gordon back, Rivers, and, oh yeah, Mr. Mean Mug down there in my sig.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! Trell's Avatar
    We will be close to the playoffs. Our team was ranked 4th in defense(I think), so if you add Davis, healthy Gordon(proved hid defensive skills), confident Aminu & plus our dominant role players! We'll be lockdown, maybe move up to the top defensive team. And we also added another scorer in Rivers, he maybe wont be dominant but he can easily score close over 10 a game.

Note: We need to stop saying were not going to be in the playoffs & start hoping. We need to gain this winning/playoff experience now, and down the road it will help a lot!!!
    Last edited by Trell; 06-30-2012 at 08:08 PM.
    2013-1014 is the season the Pelicans fanbase grows!!!!

It's not that the team won't be good, but really, don't expect too much. Davis and Rivers need time to develop. And there are just too many holes in the lineup right now -- for one thing there's not real scoring threat outside of Gordon (and hopefully Rivers). And there's no center. The other wings (Aminu, Henry) are still very young and also need time to develop.

The Hornets will be better than last year, and I fully expect them to compete in every game. Just don't get your hopes up too much.

The Voice of Reason Contributor RaisingTheBar's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by HK-47 View Post
    It's not that the team won't be good, but really, don't expect too much. Davis and Rivers need time to develop. And there are just too many holes in the lineup right now -- for one thing there's not real scoring threat outside of Gordon (and hopefully Rivers). And there's no center. The other wings (Aminu, Henry) are still very young and also need time to develop.

The Hornets will be better than last year, and I fully expect them to compete in every game. Just don't get your hopes up too much.
    the offseason isnt even half way over......

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar

Don't expect too much? Or what? That afraid of being disappointed?

Here's how I see it, if you're the type of person that can't take disappointment without getting vindictive and resentful, turning that into saying things against our young players and coaches then stay objective, patient, and lower your expectations.

If you're able to take it? Go crazy, people. It's why fan is short for fanatic!

Hell, most of us will have it both ways anyway.

Band of Skulls & Neon Trees ramsters60's Avatar

don't write us off at the center position just yet....
    "we might make dollars, but we don't necessarily make sense"

"always be sincere....whether you mean it or not"

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! Trell's Avatar

What's the hole besides Center? You can't name any huh? I know! And with a defensive squad like ours, we can get close or even to the playoffs with an healthy Gordon as our only monster scorer! We proved it last year, even though another scorer will be needed to take a huge step towards the Finals. Rivers can be that, maybe even Davis, but it'll take 2-3 years for them to reach their potential!

Hope for the best, expect the worst. That's what years of poor Saints teams has conditioned me to do. I'll be fine no matter how many wins we get next year.

Well, that's just how I see it right now. But I'd be very happy if I'm wrong.

The Hornets will be scary good and will shock alot of people including their on fans.

There, I said it first and i will stand by that.
    CAW CAW!!!

-Founder and valuable member of the Caw Caw Boyz-

Quote Originally Posted by Silverfoxx View Post
    The Hornets will be scary good and will shock alot of people including their on fans.

There, I said it first and i will stand by that.
    Make that into your sig, Foxx. That tends to make things come true.

Vote Voodoo! Contributor Unknown Poster's Avatar
    Grab a pillow, son, 'cuz you're going to be seeing people say it a lot.
    "Hornets means nothing." - Tom Benson

Quote Originally Posted by HunnyB View Post
    COY is a curse. Save for the last 3 COY's, the 6 before them were canned shortly after being named COY. Mike Brown, Byron Scott, Sam Mitchell, Avery Johnson....
    Monty isn't Mike Brown, Byron Scott, Sam Mitchell, Avery Johnson.
    Formally known as WhoDatMan504

Thread Information