Pelicans Report

Page 23 of 37 FirstFirst ... 13 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 33 ... LastLast

Thread: The rebrand and name change thread part 4

Don't like the ellipses or the phone-fingers?

And everyone here got an A in English, right?

Quote Originally Posted by 42 View Post

And everyone here got an A in English, right?
    Got 2 degrees in that sum*****. You spelled comfort wrong.

I'm sure I did. Phones kill me on the typing at work.

And your 2 exceeds my 1.

My math is right.

Quote Originally Posted by 42 View Post
    I'm sure I did. Phones kill me on the typing at work.

And your 2 exceeds my 1.

My math is right.
    Anyone know a good tax guy?

"I don't know if people know — I dislocated my pinkie finger. And [Tyreke] told me, 'You wanna go home or you wanna be here?' I want to be here. And he said, 'All right, then go tape it up and let's play. Let's go. We not stoppin' at no stores. Straight gas. That's what we do, just keep going.'"

http://thebasketbawlblog.com/

On a permanent Holiday! Purple Haze's Avatar
    Supposedly at the Super Bowl luncheon:

Benson: "what's the name again?"

Rita: "Hornets"

"Oh yeah we changin dat as soon as possible"
    Wherehappens.

A in English. No way Jose. I am terrible in English, and I am sorry for all of you who have to read my thoughts.

Quote Originally Posted by Purple Haze View Post

I was there. That was exactly what was said. It was pretty damn funny.

On a permanent Holiday! Purple Haze's Avatar
    Love it.

Lol I love that old man's lingo.

Vote Voodoo! Contributor Unknown Poster's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Smirk View Post
    I was there. That was exactly what was said. It was pretty damn funny.
    Thank God.
    "Hornets means nothing." - Tom Benson

See there? He's washed that name from his mind already.

I'm really going to miss seeing the Fleur-de-Bee on the hardwood.
    Old fan. Tired fan. I want to believe.

I know I'm an outsider, and I really do try to limit my posts here, but I thought y'all might be interested.

For the first time since all this craziness started, Jordan has specifically addressed a willingness to switch the name of his franchise to 'Hornets' when Benson pulls the trigger. The front office has offered vague/veiled implications that they'd be open to the change in the past, but never have they referenced Benson, NOLA, or the Hornets.

I think it's safe to say that he wouldn't be so forthright unless a deal was, for all intents and purposes, done. We're all ready to throw down up here

http://www.charlotteobserver.com/201...e-bobcats.html
    We Beelieve: Charlotte...Take Back Your Hornets! links:

Facebook:
    http://www.facebook.com/pages/We-Bee...2320741?ref=ts

Petition:
    http://www.change.org/petitions/we-b...se-the-hornets

I'm sure Benson's people have contacted them about a possible price tag on the brand. At the very least you just transfer the costs associated with rebranding on to Charlotte.

...we get to go McDonalds
    Quote Originally Posted by Hornet Hysteria View Post
    I'm really going to miss seeing the Fleur-de-Bee on the hardwood.
    Maybe you'd like the Fleur-de-Pelican?

Fleur-de-Doo!

It will be a huge mistake if Benson pulls the trigger on a cheesy name change. Charlotte will jump on the Hornets brand so quick, and their fan base will double in seconds.

Quote Originally Posted by rockman View Post
    It will be a huge mistake if Benson pulls the trigger on a cheesy name change. Charlotte will jump on the Hornets brand so quick, and their fan base will double in seconds.
    Why would Charlotte embracing the Hornets name be a bad thing for Benson again?

Quote Originally Posted by Luke's Hornets View Post
    Why would Charlotte embracing the Hornets name be a bad thing for Benson again?
    Because whatever name they decide upon, it will be cheesy. Hornets are one of the most popular brands in the NBA. Just like when the Thunder came out, very cheesy. In reality all that matters is how the team plays. If New Orleans plays well and becomes a powerhouse (like OKC has), a cheesy new name will not matter in the slightest.

And the reason Charlotte taking back the Hornets name is bad for New Orleans is simple. The Hornets are a popular brand, and most national fans will jump ship back to Charlotte I presume. New Orleans will lose thousands of fans immediately from their fan base. I don't think calling them the Pelicans is going to turn locals from New Orleans into rabid basketball fanatics. To me, there doesn't seem to be any benefit of a name change.

Because whatever name they decide upon, it will be cheesy. Hornets are one of the most popular brands in the NBA. Just like when the Thunder came out, very cheesy. In reality all that matters is how the team plays. If New Orleans plays well and becomes a powerhouse (like OKC has), a cheesy new name will not matter in the slightest.

And the reason Charlotte taking back the Hornets name is bad for New Orleans is simple. The Hornets are a popular brand, and most national fans will jump ship back to Charlotte I presume. New Orleans will lose thousands of fans immediately from their fan base. I don't think calling them the Pelicans is going to turn locals from New Orleans into rabid basketball fanatics. To me, there doesn't seem to be any benefit of a name change.
    What? First of all, Hornets is not one of the most popular brands in the NBA, not even close. Second, you seem to assume that fans will jump teams based simply on the name of the team (i.e. will abandon New Orleans and become Charlotte fans if they get the Hornets name). None of this makes any sense.

Quote Originally Posted by HORNETSFAN View Post
    What? First of all, Hornets is not one of the most popular brands in the NBA, not even close. Second, you seem to assume that fans will jump teams based simply on the name of the team (i.e. will abandon New Orleans and become Charlotte fans if they get the Hornets name). None of this makes any sense.
    maybe new orleans hornets aren't but the charlotte hornets are probably the most popular retro brand in the nba...

That's because you're from Chicago.

Nothing to see here, just another generic fan whose allegiance is tied to a logo. You guys can feel free to go back rooting for the Charlotte Hornets. You won't be missed. Not by the other fans or by Benson and his piles and piles of money. Pretty sure an 85 year old couldn't care less about losing a few million on the margins and that's assuming his new brand doesn't sell like gangbusters throughout the Gulf South (which it probably will).
    Last edited by Unknown Poster; 11-01-2012 at 06:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by John Morgan View Post
    I know I'm an outsider, and I really do try to limit my posts here, but I thought y'all might be interested.

For the first time since all this craziness started, Jordan has specifically addressed a willingness to switch the name of his franchise to 'Hornets' when Benson pulls the trigger. The front office has offered vague/veiled implications that they'd be open to the change in the past, but never have they referenced Benson, NOLA, or the Hornets.

I think it's safe to say that he wouldn't be so forthright unless a deal was, for all intents and purposes, done. We're all ready to throw down up here

http://www.charlotteobserver.com/201...e-bobcats.html
    UGH.

Quote Originally Posted by Primetime View Post
    Maybe you'd like the Fleur-de-Pelican?
    Fleur-de-Brass sounds much better to me.

Unless Jordan gets some actual talent on the court in Charlotte, nothing else is going to matter. Believe me, seeing the Bobcats co-opt our team's history isn't going to sit well with all current Hornets' fans.

Quote Originally Posted by Unknown Poster View Post
    That's because you're from Chicago.

Nothing to see here, just another generic fan whose allegiance is tied to a logo. You guys can feel free to go back rooting for the Charlotte Hornets. You won't be missed. Not by the other fans or by Benson and his piles and piles of money. Pretty sure an 85 year old couldn't care less about losing a few million on the margins and that's assuming his new brand doesn't sell like gangbusters throughout the Gulf South (which it probably will).

lol I was going to respond to him earlier but I was on the road, but I knew you guys would.

Irrational Optimist Contributor neworleanshoo's Avatar

the height of delusion.

the hornets nickname will be embraced in charlotte, and we couldn't be happier for them. and the NEW new orleans moniker will be equally embraced by locals down here, no matter what it is.

Thread Information