Pelicans Report

Page 22 of 37 FirstFirst ... 12 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 32 ... LastLast

Thread: The rebrand and name change thread part 4

I wrote this about you Mr. West's Avatar
    Edit: I'm overreacting to something else that's got me drove right now. I shouldn't post when I'm already angry. Aplogize for angry words and to 42. Don't want to make any enemies on HR. He's sort of right but I disagree mostly. Will leave it at that.
    Last edited by Mr. West; 10-30-2012 at 02:14 PM.

Voodoo all the way, agreed.

Someone reacting to my commentsin no way indicates the intention to provoke a negative reaction. If people react, that's their deal.

I'm sure some people place critical value on the brand /the rebrand. The issue in the populace has taken a steo back.

Fact.

Vote Voodoo! Contributor Unknown Poster's Avatar
    I don't disagree with that fact I just disagree with your interpretation of it. And I think there are plenty of other facts that lend support to other interpretations.
    "Hornets means nothing." - Tom Benson

I'm just so drove edited my last comment.

Quote Originally Posted by 42 View Post
    If I wanted to get a rise out of people, I could.

So could you.

People are agreeing: rebrand will be nice. It's not critical.
    I made this argument after the lottory, because to me the it was not a high on my issue list. I thought after winning the lottory the rebrand would be icing, but not the cake. Davis was the cake for me. Before the lott though, I wanted a rebrand for 2 reasons:

1. To have something to be excited about with this franchise

Now we have Gordon and Davis, so this isn't a good reasoning for me anymore.

2. We didn't have an identity

Anthony Davis is now our identity for better or worse, IMO.

"I don't know if people know — I dislocated my pinkie finger. And [Tyreke] told me, 'You wanna go home or you wanna be here?' I want to be here. And he said, 'All right, then go tape it up and let's play. Let's go. We not stoppin' at no stores. Straight gas. That's what we do, just keep going.'"

http://thebasketbawlblog.com/

...we get to go McDonalds
    Why are y'all taking something fun and making it serious conversation?

Choosing a new name and a logo and colors is supposed to be FUN. Of course keeping the team in New Orleans is the #1 priority. Doesn't change the fact that it would be alot of fun to get a team name, colors, and a logo that would be new to New Orleans.

Which brings me to another name I just thought of --- We should be the New Orleans 42 Proxy Fights. People would just call us the 42s.

Point is: The primary worry is now off the table, which was them up and leaving. Now, in 2012, we get to actually enjoy our basketball team and the process of coming up with a new name, logo, and colors. If it sucks, who cares -- we're going to love them anyway (even if they really do get named the 42s). So sit back, enjoy the process, and for goodness sakes, STOP ARGUING ABOUT DUMB $#!T

As a total outsider, I'd just like to thank 42 for getting the thread revved up again
    We Beelieve: Charlotte...Take Back Your Hornets! links:

Facebook:
    http://www.facebook.com/pages/We-Bee...2320741?ref=ts

Petition:
    http://www.change.org/petitions/we-b...se-the-hornets

Quote Originally Posted by John Morgan View Post
    As a total outsider, I'd just like to thank 42 for getting the thread revved up again
    This is the 4th version of the rebrand thread. Why does it need to get "revved up" again. Everyone has commented ad nauseum. It is now just a wait and see.

I know, and I agree. Just a little good-natured ribbing...his initial post seemed destined (at least, it seemed like it was intended to be destined) to put a cap on the issue for the time being, but instead caused the most activity on the thread (a thread I monitor religiously, mind you) in weeks.

You know. It was ironical 'n stuff
    Last edited by John Morgan; 10-30-2012 at 05:24 PM.

Not trying to be jerk now 42, cause I just thought to check myself, but sure enough the Pelican thread had posts from two days ago. So that ten day drought of rebrand talk kinda doesn't hold up. Like I said, not antagonizing just proclaiming.

The Franchise
    I don't know either. Not know know. Jimmy Smith has reported it, others have talked about it indirectly, indicating when they expect the Desire (or whatever) to begin play.

It's be cool if they announced it between now and the opening tip.
    I was hoping this was a hint haha, that doesn't look likely though.
    Follow me on Twitter - www.twitter.com/ryinthehottub

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

It had diminishing posts... and even the moddiest of mods didn't think about merging see? Less importance.

Not unimportant. Less. Less than it seemed before ownership settled.

And why was the thread there? Talking about what? The info came from where? But, yeah, I'm clueless. I pay no attention.

It had diminishing posts... and even the moddiest of mods didn't think about merging see? Less importance.

Not unimportant. Less. Less than it seemed before ownership settled.

And why was the thread there? Talking about what? The info came from where? But, yeah, I'm clueless. I pay no attention.
    Never said that, as a matter of fact I apologized for my slightly rude attitude earlier. But if you're going to play the victim then I'm done discussing this.

No one is discussing the rebrand, just protesting that I dissented or touting the oersonal significance to oneself.

None of that controverts the facts I raised, and I see no contrary facts being floated.

An unmerged thread about a summary of rebrand knowledge written on the outside is the counterexample? Well, it's not much of one.

It's ok for the fandom to consider the rebrand less important. Really. It is.

The rebrand and name change thread part 4

What facts do you want us to discus. There is no new news and there hasn't been in a while. I agree that the lack of information coming from the front office/ benson is aggravating but we shouldn't have to keep dragging this subject on when we know it's inevitable that the change will come.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Any facts that controvert my claim that is now recognized as less important than it seemed.

Those facts.

See? Nothing to talk about.

The Franchise
    I really have to think when I read 42's posts

Any facts that controvert my claim that is now recognized as less important than it seemed.

Those facts.

We're less actively interested, true.

But it's not less important to me. I'm just not as frenzied as I was when news broke.

I'm not as frenzied about Anthony Davis, either; I wouldn't say he's less "important" to me.

You really are hanging on to a thin thread. Just let it go.

If you made a poll right now I'm sure atleast 80% on this site would want a rebrand still.

Is your argument really that a rebrand is not as critical as getting new ownership and a lease? Well no duh.

It's still something the majority wants and is important to them.
    Last edited by Luke's Pelicans; 10-30-2012 at 10:35 PM.

Personal tastes aside, of course. I'm talking in aggregate.

Davis will have people plenty fired up with about 3m left in the half, hopefully.

Said another way: if Benson called off the rebrand, how many people would react the same way as if it was Bhatal doing so, even after signing the lease, tv deal, etc. The whole nine. Really?

Rhetorical question, clearly.

I'm more excited about the fun of it than ever now, but I'm fine with no rebrand. Perfectly fine. That has not changed.

What is also interesting is the confort level people have with an octogenarian owner. Sheesh! Nervous here.

Those facts.

i dont think anyone has the facts that your looking for.. until there is official news about the rebrand then obviously everyone is going to be less interested, but its still extremely important to me and everyone else for that fact

I'm sure it's important to hundreds of people. Maybe thousands.

The new TV deal reaches 2.5m homes.

And why must I defend this one piece of analysis of the rebrand? Can't a man have a dissenting opinion / analysis and casually express it among friends and the rest of you? I thought those days were done.

Dudes!

Personal tastes aside, of course. I'm talking in aggregate.

Davis will have people plenty fired up with about 3m left in the half, hopefully.

Said another way: if Benson called off the rebrand, how many people would react the same way as if it was Bhatal doing so, even after signing the lease, tv deal, etc. The whole nine. Really?

Rhetorical question, clearly.

I'm more excited about the fun of it than ever now, but I'm fine with no rebrand. Perfectly fine. That has not changed.

What is also interesting is the confort level people have with an octogenarian owner. Sheesh! Nervous here.
    That's crossed my mind as well. All we can do is hope for the best.
    Old fan. Tired fan. I want to believe.

Vote Voodoo! Contributor Unknown Poster's Avatar
    You don't get to be as rich as Benson without being smart about your money and planning for the inevitable. I'm sure he has all of his ducks in a row. Didn't we conclude that the Benson sports empire will be run by Lauscha for the foreseeable future whether Benson is alive or not?

Quote Originally Posted by ryan2709 View Post
    I really have to think when I read 42's posts
    You and me both.

I'm down with a poll on this matter so I don't have to read all of this intellectual lovely insight crap and literature that looks like it's a cross between psychology and Shakespeare.

Is it too much to have some simple and to the point posts about rebrand topics that don't cause tangents and actually use correct grammar anymore? haha... come on fellas.

Thread Information