.
Pelicans Report
 
Page 22 of 37 FirstFirst ... 12 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 32 ... LastLast
Results 526 to 550 of 907

Thread: The rebrand and name change thread part 4

  1. #526
    Pretty cool. Mr. West's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    'Round Shreveport
    Posts
    3,505
    Edit: I'm overreacting to something else that's got me drove right now. I shouldn't post when I'm already angry. Aplogize for angry words and to 42. Don't want to make any enemies on HR. He's sort of right but I disagree mostly. Will leave it at that.
    Last edited by Mr. West; 10-30-2012 at 02:14 PM.

  2. #527
    Mostly Harmless 42's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Between 41 and 43
    Posts
    4,900
    Voodoo all the way, agreed.

    Someone reacting to my commentsin no way indicates the intention to provoke a negative reaction. If people react, that's their deal.

    I'm sure some people place critical value on the brand /the rebrand. The issue in the populace has taken a steo back.

    Fact.
    __________
    "Aime la vérité, mais pardonne à l'erreur." - François-Marie Arouet (Voltaire)

  3. #528
    Vote Voodoo! Contributor Unknown Poster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Location
    The Interwebs
    Posts
    9,573
    I don't disagree with that fact I just disagree with your interpretation of it. And I think there are plenty of other facts that lend support to other interpretations.
    "Hornets means nothing." - Tom Benson

  4. #529
    Pretty cool. Mr. West's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    'Round Shreveport
    Posts
    3,505
    I'm just so drove edited my last comment.

  5. #530
    The Mad Titan    Contributor   
    BallSoHard's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    13,776
    Quote Originally Posted by 42 View Post
    If I wanted to get a rise out of people, I could.

    So could you.

    People are agreeing: rebrand will be nice. It's not critical.
    I made this argument after the lottory, because to me the it was not a high on my issue list. I thought after winning the lottory the rebrand would be icing, but not the cake. Davis was the cake for me. Before the lott though, I wanted a rebrand for 2 reasons:

    1. To have something to be excited about with this franchise

    Now we have Gordon and Davis, so this isn't a good reasoning for me anymore.

    2. We didn't have an identity

    Anthony Davis is now our identity for better or worse, IMO.

  6. #531
    ...we get to go McDonalds
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    New Orleans
    Posts
    1,402
    Why are y'all taking something fun and making it serious conversation?

    Choosing a new name and a logo and colors is supposed to be FUN. Of course keeping the team in New Orleans is the #1 priority. Doesn't change the fact that it would be alot of fun to get a team name, colors, and a logo that would be new to New Orleans.

    Which brings me to another name I just thought of --- We should be the New Orleans 42 Proxy Fights. People would just call us the 42s.

    Point is: The primary worry is now off the table, which was them up and leaving. Now, in 2012, we get to actually enjoy our basketball team and the process of coming up with a new name, logo, and colors. If it sucks, who cares -- we're going to love them anyway (even if they really do get named the 42s). So sit back, enjoy the process, and for goodness sakes, STOP ARGUING ABOUT DUMB $#!T

  7. #532
    As a total outsider, I'd just like to thank 42 for getting the thread revved up again
    We Beelieve: Charlotte...Take Back Your Hornets! links:

    Facebook:
    http://www.facebook.com/pages/We-Bee...2320741?ref=ts

    Petition:
    http://www.change.org/petitions/we-b...se-the-hornets

  8. #533
    Charter Member Contributor PELICANSFAN's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Kenner, LA
    Posts
    21,821
    Quote Originally Posted by John Morgan View Post
    As a total outsider, I'd just like to thank 42 for getting the thread revved up again
    This is the 4th version of the rebrand thread. Why does it need to get "revved up" again. Everyone has commented ad nauseum. It is now just a wait and see.

  9. #534
    I know, and I agree. Just a little good-natured ribbing...his initial post seemed destined (at least, it seemed like it was intended to be destined) to put a cap on the issue for the time being, but instead caused the most activity on the thread (a thread I monitor religiously, mind you) in weeks.

    You know. It was ironical 'n stuff
    Last edited by John Morgan; 10-30-2012 at 05:24 PM.

  10. #535
    Pretty cool. Mr. West's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    'Round Shreveport
    Posts
    3,505
    Not trying to be jerk now 42, cause I just thought to check myself, but sure enough the Pelican thread had posts from two days ago. So that ten day drought of rebrand talk kinda doesn't hold up. Like I said, not antagonizing just proclaiming.

  11. #536
    The Franchise    Contributor   

    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Auckland New Zealand
    Posts
    2,453
    Quote Originally Posted by 42 View Post
    I don't know either. Not know know. Jimmy Smith has reported it, others have talked about it indirectly, indicating when they expect the Desire (or whatever) to begin play.

    It's be cool if they announced it between now and the opening tip.
    I was hoping this was a hint haha, that doesn't look likely though.
    Follow me on Twitter - www.twitter.com/ryinthehottub

    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

  12. #537
    Mostly Harmless 42's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Between 41 and 43
    Posts
    4,900
    It had diminishing posts... and even the moddiest of mods didn't think about merging see? Less importance.

    Not unimportant. Less. Less than it seemed before ownership settled.

    And why was the thread there? Talking about what? The info came from where? But, yeah, I'm clueless. I pay no attention.

  13. #538
    Pretty cool. Mr. West's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    'Round Shreveport
    Posts
    3,505
    Quote Originally Posted by 42 View Post
    It had diminishing posts... and even the moddiest of mods didn't think about merging see? Less importance.

    Not unimportant. Less. Less than it seemed before ownership settled.

    And why was the thread there? Talking about what? The info came from where? But, yeah, I'm clueless. I pay no attention.
    Never said that, as a matter of fact I apologized for my slightly rude attitude earlier. But if you're going to play the victim then I'm done discussing this.

  14. #539
    Mostly Harmless 42's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Between 41 and 43
    Posts
    4,900
    No one is discussing the rebrand, just protesting that I dissented or touting the oersonal significance to oneself.

    None of that controverts the facts I raised, and I see no contrary facts being floated.

    An unmerged thread about a summary of rebrand knowledge written on the outside is the counterexample? Well, it's not much of one.

    It's ok for the fandom to consider the rebrand less important. Really. It is.

  15. #540

    The rebrand and name change thread part 4

    What facts do you want us to discus. There is no new news and there hasn't been in a while. I agree that the lack of information coming from the front office/ benson is aggravating but we shouldn't have to keep dragging this subject on when we know it's inevitable that the change will come.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

    #QUAILS MOM

  16. #541
    Mostly Harmless 42's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Between 41 and 43
    Posts
    4,900
    Any facts that controvert my claim that is now recognized as less important than it seemed.

    Those facts.

    See? Nothing to talk about.

  17. #542
    The Franchise    Contributor   

    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Auckland New Zealand
    Posts
    2,453
    I really have to think when I read 42's posts

  18. #543
    Quote Originally Posted by 42 View Post
    Any facts that controvert my claim that is now recognized as less important than it seemed.

    Those facts.

    See? Nothing to talk about.
    We're less actively interested, true.

    But it's not less important to me. I'm just not as frenzied as I was when news broke.

    I'm not as frenzied about Anthony Davis, either; I wouldn't say he's less "important" to me.

  19. #544
    You really are hanging on to a thin thread. Just let it go.



    If you made a poll right now I'm sure atleast 80% on this site would want a rebrand still.


    Is your argument really that a rebrand is not as critical as getting new ownership and a lease? Well no duh.

    It's still something the majority wants and is important to them.
    Last edited by Luke's Pelicans; 10-30-2012 at 10:35 PM.

  20. #545
    Mostly Harmless 42's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Between 41 and 43
    Posts
    4,900
    Personal tastes aside, of course. I'm talking in aggregate.

    Davis will have people plenty fired up with about 3m left in the half, hopefully.

    Said another way: if Benson called off the rebrand, how many people would react the same way as if it was Bhatal doing so, even after signing the lease, tv deal, etc. The whole nine. Really?

    Rhetorical question, clearly.

    I'm more excited about the fun of it than ever now, but I'm fine with no rebrand. Perfectly fine. That has not changed.

    What is also interesting is the confort level people have with an octogenarian owner. Sheesh! Nervous here.

  21. #546
    Quote Originally Posted by 42 View Post
    Any facts that controvert my claim that is now recognized as less important than it seemed.

    Those facts.

    See? Nothing to talk about.
    i dont think anyone has the facts that your looking for.. until there is official news about the rebrand then obviously everyone is going to be less interested, but its still extremely important to me and everyone else for that fact

  22. #547
    Mostly Harmless 42's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Between 41 and 43
    Posts
    4,900
    I'm sure it's important to hundreds of people. Maybe thousands.

    The new TV deal reaches 2.5m homes.

    And why must I defend this one piece of analysis of the rebrand? Can't a man have a dissenting opinion / analysis and casually express it among friends and the rest of you? I thought those days were done.

    Dudes!

  23. #548
    BUZZ OFF, CHARLOTTE Teal Lantern's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    VA
    Posts
    620
    Quote Originally Posted by 42 View Post
    Personal tastes aside, of course. I'm talking in aggregate.

    Davis will have people plenty fired up with about 3m left in the half, hopefully.

    Said another way: if Benson called off the rebrand, how many people would react the same way as if it was Bhatal doing so, even after signing the lease, tv deal, etc. The whole nine. Really?

    Rhetorical question, clearly.

    I'm more excited about the fun of it than ever now, but I'm fine with no rebrand. Perfectly fine. That has not changed.

    What is also interesting is the confort level people have with an octogenarian owner. Sheesh! Nervous here.
    That's crossed my mind as well. All we can do is hope for the best.
    With purple and pinstripes from days gone by, I trumpet Hugo's name to the NOLA sky. When rebranders and posers abuse their might, beware my power, TEAL LANTERN'S LIGHT!

    Forever hating the nickname, the logos, and the colors. Still backing the team I've loved since 1994.

    Stolen name. Stolen colors. Stolen identity. Still the same old worthless Slobcats. Suck sludge, Charlotte.

  24. #549
    Vote Voodoo! Contributor Unknown Poster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Location
    The Interwebs
    Posts
    9,573
    Quote Originally Posted by 42 View Post
    What is also interesting is the confort level people have with an octogenarian owner. Sheesh! Nervous here.
    You don't get to be as rich as Benson without being smart about your money and planning for the inevitable. I'm sure he has all of his ducks in a row. Didn't we conclude that the Benson sports empire will be run by Lauscha for the foreseeable future whether Benson is alive or not?

  25. #550
    Brows-A-Plooza 2k13! TBlaze's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    The Ridge
    Posts
    1,076
    Quote Originally Posted by ryan2709 View Post
    I really have to think when I read 42's posts
    You and me both.

    I'm down with a poll on this matter so I don't have to read all of this intellectual lovely insight crap and literature that looks like it's a cross between psychology and Shakespeare.

    Is it too much to have some simple and to the point posts about rebrand topics that don't cause tangents and actually use correct grammar anymore? haha... come on fellas.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •