Pelicans Report

Page 20 of 37 FirstFirst ... 10 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 30 ... LastLast

Thread: The rebrand and name change thread part 4

Quote Originally Posted by Purple Haze View Post
    Well it takes some getting used to the program to be able to make transparencies but Gimp2 is free. Just google it. It's taken some practice I used to be pretty awful.
    One thing I like about GIMP is how the pen tool works. Waaaaay better than Photoshop. Your design looks pretty nice though.

You don't follow my Twitter, I lead yours.

https://twitter.com/#!/onpointlikecp3

Here's a design I started this spring and never got around to finishing. SUPER rough, but I like the color scheme and font.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Phantoms Primary.jpg 
Views:	126 
Size:	90.9 KB 
ID:	4362

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! Trell's Avatar
    Danny Phanton

Quote Originally Posted by onpointlikecp3 View Post
    Here's a design I started this spring and never got around to finishing. SUPER rough, but I like the color scheme and font.

Name:	Phantoms Primary.jpg 
Views:	126 
Size:	90.9 KB 
ID:	4362
    Those colors just scream Carolina Panthers.

i still say "surge"!

Name:	surge.jpg 
Views:	149 
Size:	38.7 KB 
ID:	4363

On a permanent Holiday! Purple Haze's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by onpointlikecp3 View Post
    One thing I like about GIMP is how the pen tool works. Waaaaay better than Photoshop. Your design looks pretty nice though.
    I've actually never used the pen, it doesn't work right using my laptop mouse tracker.
    Wherehappens.

Quote Originally Posted by greenwald2004 View Post
    i still say "surge"!

Name:	surge.jpg 
Views:	149 
Size:	38.7 KB 
ID:	4363
    Don't love the jerseys, but I like the name waaaay more than Pelicans.

Quote Originally Posted by Purple Haze View Post
    I've actually never used the pen, it doesn't work right using my laptop mouse tracker.
    Believe me, it makes cutting stuff way more accurate and easiers. When you're finished just press Shift+V on your keyboard to make it a selection.

Just read the 24/7 post, 42...good stuff. Getting pumped for this thing to start taking shape!!!
    We Beelieve: Charlotte...Take Back Your Hornets! links:

Facebook:
    http://www.facebook.com/pages/We-Bee...2320741?ref=ts

Petition:
    http://www.change.org/petitions/we-b...se-the-hornets

...we get to go McDonalds
    The more I think (or drink) about it, the more I like the idea of Spirits with an s....meaning we'd be a team named after getting drunk. And personally, I think it'd be f'n fantastic if instead of them serving national drink brands, we'd have arena stations that serve local drinks (i.e. purple drink from lafitte's bar or a monsoon from port of call). Tell me that's not a f'n fantastic idea. I might be a bit of a drunk, but so is most of the city. If we're gonna do it, lets do it right --- lets put drive thru daiquiris in the parking lot itself. Wooooooo!!!!!

I need to calm down.

10 days and no posts here.

The closer we get to a rebrand, the less people care.

Again, this was more of a proxy fight with ownership about commitment.

The brand is just fine, and no one caring enough to post, ask, speculate for 10 days when news came out recently and the last tip-off of the Hornets (potentially) is strong evidence.

Band of Skulls & Neon Trees ramsters60's Avatar
    makeshift poll at my house and New Orleans Nights edges out New Orleans Daze....could this be the start of something?
    "we might make dollars, but we don't necessarily make sense"

"always be sincere....whether you mean it or not"

Quote Originally Posted by 42 View Post

The brand is just fine, and no one caring enough to post, ask, speculate for 10 days when news came out recently and the last tip-off of the Hornets (potentially) is strong evidence.
    No passion for the bird.

I wrote this about you Mr. West's Avatar

Everyone came went to the pelicans page and posted an opinion, now what should we all do say that we still like/dislike Pelicans? or should we go back and say how much we dislike Spirit? We've discussed. We won the lottery a while back and people arn't still posting in that page but they still care I bet.

Point is, I still want one as much as day one. I suggest you don't judge interest off the traffic on a site.

I don't think it's that we don't care. This thread was dormant for weeks without any new information. And when new information came out we processed it, spent 6 pages talking about it, and then waited for more info. And now, with 2 days left before the season, talk has moved onto other, more basketball-pertinent discussions. I think if we found out for sure what the name was tomorrow, this page would blow up.

The Franchise

Agree with what others have said, its hard to keep posting when there is no new news coming in.

We have had 4 huge threads already on the issue, plus countless others on the main board - its been talked to death and majority wanted/want a name change. Its just hard to keep talking when we are getting minimal information (which is fair enough)
    Follow me on Twitter - www.twitter.com/ryinthehottub

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

I wrote this about you Mr. West's Avatar
    Several pages when Spirits was the frontrunner, several pages about Cardinals when there was word that we wanted Cardinal red as a color, several pages on Pelicans when they were the frontrunner. We obviously want to discuss the rebrand, but we have nothing to say. We've said it all. If anything it seems like we are information starved rather than uninterested IMO.

couldn't disagree with this more. I want a rebrand just as much as ever but I'm done talking about it unless news comes

Band of Skulls & Neon Trees ramsters60's Avatar
    seriously though, I think a couple of things enter the picture here.....1.) is that with the season about to begin, priorities are elsewhere right now and we are still the Hornets...2.) is that we are pretty much talked out and most have pretty much accepted that in the end, what will be will be....I don't think its a situation where caring is gone, but more one of acceptance that we will be "something" other than Hornets....and the final decision does not rest in our hands....

Vote Voodoo! Contributor Unknown Poster's Avatar

Did someone hijack your account and write this? What the heck?!
    "Hornets means nothing." - Tom Benson

Uhhh are you being factious? There's no new information, the interest is just as strong. Just have the actual games to look forward to now finally.

What a weird post by 42.

I think he has hinted if not said many of times that he would prefer them to stay the hornets.

I have said that my feeling has changed over the past 10 years from being slightly anti-rebrand to completely apathetic (but I still do the legwork to get info for all, like a moron) to just wanting the conversation to end.

All of you are agreeing with me: There's nothing to talk about. This is isn't some thing that has to be beaten to death. It's been beaten to death for 10 years. It was a proxy fight. Now that that fight is over (will the team stay), the interest has waned (we processed, we have no control . . . grant me the serenity to accept the things I can not change, the strength to change the things I can, and the wisdom the know the difference).

These comments are all spot on. Spot on.

The past 10 years has been a little more up-tempo than it needed to be about the rebrand. Again, it was just a proxy fight. People wanted a sign and security.

The friggen logo means nothing.

If Ellison bought the team and the same info came out, people would be talking more. Again, proxy fight.

I think you're taking this a bit personally? How are you a moron for getting info about a story that we (clearly) want info on?

This is the fourth thread and it's 20 pages, Ozzy. I agree that ultimately a logo doesn't mean much in the grand scheme, the real pieces are in place (ownership, young players with talent) and after that it's all lagniappe.

Thread Information