Pelicans Report

Page 17 of 37 FirstFirst ... 7 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 27 ... LastLast

Thread: The rebrand and name change thread part 4

I have wanted to rebrand since the day they announced the Hornets were moving to New Orleans. When I heard about the possibility of the Voodoo a couple of months ago, thought this is so great - but now it appears that it's not going to happen since we haven't heard a word about it in months. I'm so disappointed and for the first time I just as soon keep the Hornets because nothing else really works except the Jazz and that's long gone.
    However, I encourage the organization to get rid of all the old bee stuff and only use the Fleur-da-bee, NOLA and the other specifically New Orleans related symbols. PLEASE get rid of that stupid looking little bee that's typically used by the national press as the symbol for our team. Also, burn the bee mascot uniform (I've blocked the name of that ridiculous "living" mascot from my memory).
    Finally, change the team colors to traditional Mardi Grass colors and change the uniforms to incorporate the new colors and display the Fleur-da-bee.
    One thing I think is great is having "New Orleans" on the jerseys of both home and away uniforms. Love it. Never, ever just have "Hornets".
    I know the chances of rebranding to the Voodoo are probably zero, but that would be so great if it were the Voodoo winning an NBA title in a couple of years and not the goofy bees.

Quote Originally Posted by Hnobnov View Post
    I have wanted to rebrand since the day they announced the Hornets were moving to New Orleans. When I heard about the possibility of the Voodoo a couple of months ago, thought this is so great - but now it appears that it's not going to happen since we haven't heard a word about it in months. I'm so disappointed and for the first time I just as soon keep the Hornets because nothing else really works except the Jazz and that's long gone.
    However, I encourage the organization to get rid of all the old bee stuff and only use the Fleur-da-bee, NOLA and the other specifically New Orleans related symbols. PLEASE get rid of that stupid looking little bee that's typically used by the national press as the symbol for our team. Also, burn the bee mascot uniform (I've blocked the name of that ridiculous "living" mascot from my memory).
    Finally, change the team colors to traditional Mardi Grass colors and change the uniforms to incorporate
    he new colors and display the Fleur-da-bee.
    One thing I think is great is having "New Orleans" on the jerseys of both home and away uniforms. Love it. Never, ever just have "Hornets".
    I know the chances of rebranding to the Voodoo are probably zero, but that would be so great if it were the Voodoo winning an NBA title in a couple of years and not the goofy bees.
    Wouldn't it make more sense to just rebrand? Your talking about changing everything anyways

Finally, change the team colors to traditional Mardi Grass colors and change the uniforms to incorporate the new colors and display the Fleur-da-bee.
    Settle down.

You go all night without seeing the sun, yet you do not fear it is gone.

Escaped monkey island! all2neat's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 42 View Post
    Settle down.

Is you implication that the team is considering rebranding to the Night,

Quote Originally Posted by all2neat View Post
    MayBee

Quote Originally Posted by all2neat View Post
    lol, just because you haven't heard anything doesn't mean it hasn't happened already or nothing is getting worked out behind the scenes.

Escaped monkey island! all2neat's Avatar
    ^^agreed

Vote Voodoo! Contributor Unknown Poster's Avatar
    Settle down.

"Hornets means nothing." - Tom Benson

Saw this thread on Saintreport, the Hornets sub-forum.

http://saintsreport.com/forums/f20/name-change-236531/

I heard Dennis Lauscha, President of the Saints and Hornets, speak today at the Tulane Business Forum. He said to expect an announcement soon on the name change and that the NBA agreed to allow a one year wait on the name change instead of the customary two year. He did not reveal what the new name would be.
    I don't know who that poster is or if he's reliable, but it's something I suppose.

This does not conflict with anything I've heard, and fits pretty well.

I know nothing of an announcement, but if I were them, I'd try to do it before January, and the sooner the better, frankly.

I will follow up on this.

Thanks, dude.

ETA: The below was in reply to a post I must have imagined . . .

What I know was in the Voodoo article. I do not `know' anything for a fact, and if I did, I'd question it because things change. "Chouest is buying the team."

I've heard nothing to move me materially off of that point. I've heard this and that, just like you guys, but I think, really, it's Voodoo or Hornets.

I have not dug into if there are other options, etc. I wouldn't really know how, frankly. Just asking right out, guessing, is not an option.

The fact of the matter is . . . who has said we NEED a rebrand in September? Compare that to who said it in January. Now March. Now April. May. June.

See, it's just not as important. Before, some saw it as a proxy for `committment'. We don't have those questions with Tomcat, so the need decreases.

What I want to do is channel our rebrandic energy into creating a movement to rebrand the Lakers as Lakies, a la the great divide among Star Trek fans.

We will rot them from the inside.

Lakies forever!
    Last edited by 42; 09-30-2012 at 08:52 PM.

The Voice of Reason Contributor RaisingTheBar's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Coughka View Post
    Saw this thread on Saintreport, the Hornets sub-forum.

http://saintsreport.com/forums/f20/name-change-236531/

I don't know who that poster is or if he's reliable, but it's something I suppose.
    Awesome news, thanks for posting this.

I wrote this about you Mr. West's Avatar
    ETA: The below was in reply to a post I must have imagined . . .

What I know was in the Voodoo article. I do not `know' anything for a fact, and if I did, I'd question it because things change. "Chouest is buying the team."

I've heard nothing to move me materially off of that point. I've heard this and that, just like you guys, but I think, really, it's Voodoo or Hornets.

I have not dug into if there are other options, etc. I wouldn't really know how, frankly. Just asking right out, guessing, is not an option.

The fact of the matter is . . . who has said we NEED a rebrand in September? Compare that to who said it in January. Now March. Now April. May. June.

See, it's just not as important. Before, some saw it as a proxy for `committment'. We don't have those questions with Tomcat, so the need decreases.

What I want to do is channel our rebrandic energy into creating a movement to rebrand the Lakers as Lakies, a la the great divide among Star Trek fans.

We will rot them from the inside.

Lakies forever!
    Not imagining, I just took it down because I thought it sounded too much like I was accusing you of holding out on us. I was planning on coming back and posting the same thing in more of a joking sense, but I see you've already answered the question so damn the eyes in the skies I suppose . Thanks for the response though.

Edit: It'd be pretty funny if I deleted this one.
    Last edited by Mr. West; 09-30-2012 at 09:13 PM.
    @DanielVeuleman

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. West View Post
    Not imagining, I just took it down because I thought it sounded too much like I was accusing you of holding out on us. I was planning on coming back and posting the same thing in more of a joking sense, but I see you've already answered the question so damn the eyes in the skies I suppose . Thanks for the response though.

Edit: It'd be pretty funny if I deleted this one.
    If you delete this one, I'll know I'm senile?

Nah, man. Be skeptical. Question. You should.

You should also at least consider what I say.

Partially believe, partially not, even if I have a perfect track record. Or anyone.

That's just being responsible.

We cool.

Christ I was worried about this... enough time would pass and people would accept the name 'Hornets.' Please don't let that happen.

Voodoo or bust

The rebrand and name change thread part 4

Quote Originally Posted by Unknown Poster View Post
    Christ I was worried about this... enough time would pass and people would accept the name 'Hornets.' Please don't let that happen.
    That can't be a possibility.

Emeka Okafor - Joe Smith - Carmelo Anthony - Manu Ginobili - Jason Williams

Al Jefferson - James Posey - Aaron McKie - Shaun Livingston

HUGO!!! Also known as Super Hugo, Air Hugo,and the master of the "Bug on the Windshield" dunk.
    Old fan. Tired fan. I want to believe.

Pointing specifically to the alleged Lauscha quote got nothing.

Thanks to all of you that replied to my recent, rambling, rebrand post. It’s one of my frequently reoccurring “sport board posting” themes. Anyway, I usually post after I’ve had a couple of beers (just to relax) or first thing in the morning, semi- conscious waiting for the coffee to set in. Since I am as normal as I get as I write this, I really have nothing to say, but I hope we go Voodoo and thanks again for the beautiful quotes of my long post and your enlighten responses.

On a permanent Holiday! Purple Haze's Avatar

No problem bud, welcome to the site and post more often!
    Wherehappens.

Pointing specifically to the alleged Lauscha quote got nothing.
    Was it denied or did they simply have no response?

Professed ignorance.

Frankly, I believe it.

Not surprising. It's quite possible he said it and that the people available at media day (assuming you didn't talk to Lauscha because they rarely trot out those guys) just weren't aware of the fact he said it.

I could not attend, so others may know more if he showed up.

Worknstuff.

Thread Information