.
Pelicans Report
 
Page 17 of 37 FirstFirst ... 7 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 27 ... LastLast
Results 401 to 425 of 907

Thread: The rebrand and name change thread part 4

  1. #401
    I have wanted to rebrand since the day they announced the Hornets were moving to New Orleans. When I heard about the possibility of the Voodoo a couple of months ago, thought this is so great - but now it appears that it's not going to happen since we haven't heard a word about it in months. I'm so disappointed and for the first time I just as soon keep the Hornets because nothing else really works except the Jazz and that's long gone.
    However, I encourage the organization to get rid of all the old bee stuff and only use the Fleur-da-bee, NOLA and the other specifically New Orleans related symbols. PLEASE get rid of that stupid looking little bee that's typically used by the national press as the symbol for our team. Also, burn the bee mascot uniform (I've blocked the name of that ridiculous "living" mascot from my memory).
    Finally, change the team colors to traditional Mardi Grass colors and change the uniforms to incorporate the new colors and display the Fleur-da-bee.
    One thing I think is great is having "New Orleans" on the jerseys of both home and away uniforms. Love it. Never, ever just have "Hornets".
    I know the chances of rebranding to the Voodoo are probably zero, but that would be so great if it were the Voodoo winning an NBA title in a couple of years and not the goofy bees.

  2. #402
    Quote Originally Posted by Hnobnov View Post
    I have wanted to rebrand since the day they announced the Hornets were moving to New Orleans. When I heard about the possibility of the Voodoo a couple of months ago, thought this is so great - but now it appears that it's not going to happen since we haven't heard a word about it in months. I'm so disappointed and for the first time I just as soon keep the Hornets because nothing else really works except the Jazz and that's long gone.
    However, I encourage the organization to get rid of all the old bee stuff and only use the Fleur-da-bee, NOLA and the other specifically New Orleans related symbols. PLEASE get rid of that stupid looking little bee that's typically used by the national press as the symbol for our team. Also, burn the bee mascot uniform (I've blocked the name of that ridiculous "living" mascot from my memory).
    Finally, change the team colors to traditional Mardi Grass colors and change the uniforms to incorporate
    he new colors and display the Fleur-da-bee.
    One thing I think is great is having "New Orleans" on the jerseys of both home and away uniforms. Love it. Never, ever just have "Hornets".
    I know the chances of rebranding to the Voodoo are probably zero, but that would be so great if it were the Voodoo winning an NBA title in a couple of years and not the goofy bees.
    Wouldn't it make more sense to just rebrand? Your talking about changing everything anyways

  3. #403
    Mostly Harmless 42's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Between 41 and 43
    Posts
    4,900
    Quote Originally Posted by Hnobnov View Post
    I have wanted to rebrand since the day they announced the Hornets were moving to New Orleans. When I heard about the possibility of the Voodoo a couple of months ago, thought this is so great - but now it appears that it's not going to happen since we haven't heard a word about it in months. I'm so disappointed and for the first time I just as soon keep the Hornets because nothing else really works except the Jazz and that's long gone.
    However, I encourage the organization to get rid of all the old bee stuff and only use the Fleur-da-bee, NOLA and the other specifically New Orleans related symbols. PLEASE get rid of that stupid looking little bee that's typically used by the national press as the symbol for our team. Also, burn the bee mascot uniform (I've blocked the name of that ridiculous "living" mascot from my memory).
    Finally, change the team colors to traditional Mardi Grass colors and change the uniforms to incorporate the new colors and display the Fleur-da-bee.
    One thing I think is great is having "New Orleans" on the jerseys of both home and away uniforms. Love it. Never, ever just have "Hornets".
    I know the chances of rebranding to the Voodoo are probably zero, but that would be so great if it were the Voodoo winning an NBA title in a couple of years and not the goofy bees.
    Settle down.

    You go all night without seeing the sun, yet you do not fear it is gone.
    __________
    "Aime la vérité, mais pardonne à l'erreur." - François-Marie Arouet (Voltaire)

  4. #404
    Escaped monkey island! all2neat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Ascension Parish
    Posts
    2,527
    Quote Originally Posted by 42 View Post
    Settle down.

    You go all night without seeing the sun, yet you do not fear it is gone.
    Is you implication that the team is considering rebranding to the Night,

  5. #405
    Mostly Harmless 42's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Between 41 and 43
    Posts
    4,900
    Quote Originally Posted by all2neat View Post
    Is you implication that the team is considering rebranding to the Night,
    MayBee

  6. #406
    The Witch Doctor NemesisKING's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Ask Your Wife
    Posts
    936
    Quote Originally Posted by all2neat View Post
    Is you implication that the team is considering rebranding to the Night,
    lol, just because you haven't heard anything doesn't mean it hasn't happened already or nothing is getting worked out behind the scenes.

  7. #407
    Escaped monkey island! all2neat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Ascension Parish
    Posts
    2,527
    ^^agreed

  8. #408
    Vote Voodoo! Contributor Unknown Poster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Location
    The Interwebs
    Posts
    9,573
    Quote Originally Posted by 42 View Post
    Settle down.

    You go all night without seeing the sun, yet you do not fear it is gone.
    "Hornets means nothing." - Tom Benson

  9. #409
    Saw this thread on Saintreport, the Hornets sub-forum.

    http://saintsreport.com/forums/f20/name-change-236531/

    I heard Dennis Lauscha, President of the Saints and Hornets, speak today at the Tulane Business Forum. He said to expect an announcement soon on the name change and that the NBA agreed to allow a one year wait on the name change instead of the customary two year. He did not reveal what the new name would be.
    I don't know who that poster is or if he's reliable, but it's something I suppose.

  10. #410
    Mostly Harmless 42's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Between 41 and 43
    Posts
    4,900
    This does not conflict with anything I've heard, and fits pretty well.

    I know nothing of an announcement, but if I were them, I'd try to do it before January, and the sooner the better, frankly.

    I will follow up on this.

    Thanks, dude.

  11. #411
    Mostly Harmless 42's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Between 41 and 43
    Posts
    4,900
    ETA: The below was in reply to a post I must have imagined . . .

    What I know was in the Voodoo article. I do not `know' anything for a fact, and if I did, I'd question it because things change. "Chouest is buying the team."

    I've heard nothing to move me materially off of that point. I've heard this and that, just like you guys, but I think, really, it's Voodoo or Hornets.

    I have not dug into if there are other options, etc. I wouldn't really know how, frankly. Just asking right out, guessing, is not an option.

    The fact of the matter is . . . who has said we NEED a rebrand in September? Compare that to who said it in January. Now March. Now April. May. June.

    See, it's just not as important. Before, some saw it as a proxy for `committment'. We don't have those questions with Tomcat, so the need decreases.

    What I want to do is channel our rebrandic energy into creating a movement to rebrand the Lakers as Lakies, a la the great divide among Star Trek fans.

    We will rot them from the inside.

    Lakies forever!
    Last edited by 42; 09-30-2012 at 08:52 PM.

  12. #412
    The Voice of Reason Contributor RaisingTheBar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    10,788
    Quote Originally Posted by Coughka View Post
    Saw this thread on Saintreport, the Hornets sub-forum.

    http://saintsreport.com/forums/f20/name-change-236531/

    I don't know who that poster is or if he's reliable, but it's something I suppose.
    Awesome news, thanks for posting this.
    My Anthony Davis website: http://thebrow.uphero.com/

  13. #413
    Pretty cool. Mr. West's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    'Round Shreveport
    Posts
    3,506
    Quote Originally Posted by 42 View Post
    ETA: The below was in reply to a post I must have imagined . . .

    What I know was in the Voodoo article. I do not `know' anything for a fact, and if I did, I'd question it because things change. "Chouest is buying the team."

    I've heard nothing to move me materially off of that point. I've heard this and that, just like you guys, but I think, really, it's Voodoo or Hornets.

    I have not dug into if there are other options, etc. I wouldn't really know how, frankly. Just asking right out, guessing, is not an option.

    The fact of the matter is . . . who has said we NEED a rebrand in September? Compare that to who said it in January. Now March. Now April. May. June.

    See, it's just not as important. Before, some saw it as a proxy for `committment'. We don't have those questions with Tomcat, so the need decreases.

    What I want to do is channel our rebrandic energy into creating a movement to rebrand the Lakers as Lakies, a la the great divide among Star Trek fans.

    We will rot them from the inside.

    Lakies forever!
    Not imagining, I just took it down because I thought it sounded too much like I was accusing you of holding out on us. I was planning on coming back and posting the same thing in more of a joking sense, but I see you've already answered the question so damn the eyes in the skies I suppose . Thanks for the response though.

    Edit: It'd be pretty funny if I deleted this one.
    Last edited by Mr. West; 09-30-2012 at 09:13 PM.
    @DanielVeuleman

  14. #414
    Mostly Harmless 42's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Between 41 and 43
    Posts
    4,900
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. West View Post
    Not imagining, I just took it down because I thought it sounded too much like I was accusing you of holding out on us. I was planning on coming back and posting the same thing in more of a joking sense, but I see you've already answered the question so damn the eyes in the skies I suppose . Thanks for the response though.

    Edit: It'd be pretty funny if I deleted this one.
    If you delete this one, I'll know I'm senile?

    Nah, man. Be skeptical. Question. You should.

    You should also at least consider what I say.

    Partially believe, partially not, even if I have a perfect track record. Or anyone.

    That's just being responsible.

    We cool.

  15. #415
    Vote Voodoo! Contributor Unknown Poster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Location
    The Interwebs
    Posts
    9,573
    Christ I was worried about this... enough time would pass and people would accept the name 'Hornets.' Please don't let that happen.

  16. #416
    Voodoo or bust

  17. #417
    All World Pelicans78's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Lake Charles, LA
    Posts
    15,731

    The rebrand and name change thread part 4

    Quote Originally Posted by Unknown Poster View Post
    Christ I was worried about this... enough time would pass and people would accept the name 'Hornets.' Please don't let that happen.
    That can't be a possibility.

    Emeka Okafor - Joe Smith - Carmelo Anthony - Manu Ginobili - Jason Williams

    Al Jefferson - James Posey - Aaron McKie - Shaun Livingston

  18. #418
    BUZZ OFF, CHARLOTTE Teal Lantern's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    VA
    Posts
    620
    Quote Originally Posted by Hnobnov View Post
    I have wanted to rebrand since the day they announced the Hornets were moving to New Orleans. When I heard about the possibility of the Voodoo a couple of months ago, thought this is so great - but now it appears that it's not going to happen since we haven't heard a word about it in months. I'm so disappointed and for the first time I just as soon keep the Hornets because nothing else really works except the Jazz and that's long gone.
    However, I encourage the organization to get rid of all the old bee stuff and only use the Fleur-da-bee, NOLA and the other specifically New Orleans related symbols. PLEASE get rid of that stupid looking little bee that's typically used by the national press as the symbol for our team. Also, burn the bee mascot uniform (I've blocked the name of that ridiculous "living" mascot from my memory).
    .
    HUGO!!! Also known as Super Hugo, Air Hugo,and the master of the "Bug on the Windshield" dunk.
    With purple and pinstripes from days gone by, I trumpet Hugo's name to the NOLA sky. When rebranders and posers abuse their might, beware my power, TEAL LANTERN'S LIGHT!

    Forever hating the nickname, the logos, and the colors. Still backing the team I've loved since 1994.

    Stolen name. Stolen colors. Stolen identity. Still the same old worthless Slobcats. Suck sludge, Charlotte.

  19. #419
    Mostly Harmless 42's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Between 41 and 43
    Posts
    4,900
    Pointing specifically to the alleged Lauscha quote got nothing.

  20. #420
    Thanks to all of you that replied to my recent, rambling, rebrand post. It’s one of my frequently reoccurring “sport board posting” themes. Anyway, I usually post after I’ve had a couple of beers (just to relax) or first thing in the morning, semi- conscious waiting for the coffee to set in. Since I am as normal as I get as I write this, I really have nothing to say, but I hope we go Voodoo and thanks again for the beautiful quotes of my long post and your enlighten responses.

  21. #421
    On a permanent Holiday! Purple Haze's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Heart of the City
    Posts
    4,697


    No problem bud, welcome to the site and post more often!
    Wherehappens.

  22. #422
    Vote Voodoo! Contributor Unknown Poster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Location
    The Interwebs
    Posts
    9,573
    Quote Originally Posted by 42 View Post
    Pointing specifically to the alleged Lauscha quote got nothing.
    Was it denied or did they simply have no response?

  23. #423
    Mostly Harmless 42's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Between 41 and 43
    Posts
    4,900
    Professed ignorance.

    Frankly, I believe it.

  24. #424
    Vote Voodoo! Contributor Unknown Poster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Location
    The Interwebs
    Posts
    9,573
    Not surprising. It's quite possible he said it and that the people available at media day (assuming you didn't talk to Lauscha because they rarely trot out those guys) just weren't aware of the fact he said it.

  25. #425
    Mostly Harmless 42's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Between 41 and 43
    Posts
    4,900
    I could not attend, so others may know more if he showed up.

    Worknstuff.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 2 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 2 guests)

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •