Page 16 of 37 FirstFirst ... 6 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 26 ... LastLast

Thread: The rebrand and name change thread part 4

Quote Originally Posted by 42 View Post
    All for it. Eat. Akers. Purs.

Oodoo.

Aints is well-known.

How to say ears?
    Elicans!

just a friendly reminder of what our new team name will be.. and oh, this is whodat christians favorite song.

I think you were mistaken.

Quote Originally Posted by WhoDatChristian View Post
    There is nothing wrong with the name Celtics or Heat. There is nothing scriptural that gives a negative connotation about either of those names either. Raiders is not a good name but I'll leave that up to the left coast liberals to brand themselves as such. You cannot misconstrue voodoo; it's sorcery plain and clear. There are good names out there. Angels, Pelicans, Krewe just to name a few that put the city in a positive light. If it was up to me it would be KREWE.
    Are you someone who finds the Saints' name as "bad or evil"? Bc if you used any of your religious logic or consistency in your stance, you'd understand that it's sacreligious to refer to ones self as such. But I know you're a Saints fan, and I know you're not intelligent (regardless of education, income, or job title).

We are not the norrow minded liberals you refer to. You are the one taking all logic of what Voodoo actually is and throwing it out the window. Voodoo is actually based on Christianity you dumb *******! But bc slaves from Africa and the Indies couldn't completely understand or accept it, they added little bits of their own native religions' rituals to the catholic practices. Voodoo has been turned into this other thing by time, stories, art, and media.

Just like your religious book doesn't tell things the exact way it happened bc it was written 300+ years after Jesus dies and it was EDITED! If all writers were inspired by God than why edit it? Oh and why don't the gospels match up either if God told them what really happened?

STOP PICKING AND CHOOSIMG WHAT PARTS OF YOUR RELIGIOUN TO ACCEPT AND DECLINE BC BY DOING THAT YOU'RE CREATING YOUR OWN!
    Last edited by LetsGetWaffles; 09-21-2012 at 03:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Eman5805 View Post
    Your Muslims name has no relevancy because the Islamic faith has little resonance with New Orleans by reputation.

New Orleans: Food, Mardi Gras, Jazz, the river, even voodoo. These are all things synonymous. Along with the murder rate.

Not all are in and of themselves positive, but they're inseparable from the city. OBVIOUSLY you don't name your team something like the Murderers. That's silly. And I'm sure you'll be quick to latch onto that notion in talking down voodoo.

You mention the market beyond New Orleans. How in the world could you possibly know no one would buy into the voodoo concept? Where's your evidence besides the likelihood that you'd really like them not to cuz it helps your position?

I can't imagine a Biloxi fan going "Wanna go to the Voodoo game?" "No, they promote witchcraft, let's go see the Rebels game instead."

You think no one outside of New Jersey is down with the Devils? There's not even room for misconstruing that even if you know about the Native American Jersey devil folklore.

Ahd you keep bringing up witchcraft. But let me bring our attention to the elephant in the room.

Oh. Look at that. Looks like not one but TWO other bright businessmen shot ambiguity in the back of the head and gave their names unbelievably direct ties to witchcraft and sorcery.

But they don't have dead things in there so I guess they get a pass, huh?

"Ventas servitas," I cried.

But but that makes too much sense so WDC will have to disagree or completely ignore your very easily understandable proof against his point. I don't even think 90% of this state or country even knows what the hell an Evangelical believes as compared to other sects of Christianity, and furthermore, I doubt that this country consists of more than 5% Evangelical, so who honestly cares what this 1 or the other several thousand Evangelicals think? That's like saying we should ask all blind people if the name sounds good to them. No one ever would bc it's too small of a portion of people to consider.

Scratch that. Obviously a blind person wouldn't be as blind to logic as an Evangelical since WDC is the only one I've encountered. I'm acting like WDC there and making huge assumptions based off 1 persons mindset. See what it did there?
    Last edited by LetsGetWaffles; 09-21-2012 at 03:33 PM.

Escaped monkey island! all2neat's Avatar
    I'm still in favor of Voodoo by a lot. I hope it happens.

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    It's my new favorite just cuz it'll drive WDC up the wall.

Quote Originally Posted by Eman5805 View Post
    It's my new favorite just cuz it'll drive WDC up the wall.
    thats only a plus.....love it anyway

Max Contract Contributor AD23forMVP's Avatar
    I hope it's Voodoo as well.

Yeah, Voodoo is still my choice. Although honestly, over the past month or so, I haven't even cared about the rebrand. Too much other exciting stuff to think about.

Voodoo man.
    Chicken bone, chicken bone.
    I can make a thunderstorm from a light rain.
    My ear starts ringing.
    My nose gets bloody.
    I feel a lil' bit a pressure on my right brain....

Vote Voodoo! Contributor Unknown Poster's Avatar
    Although I prefer it my hunch is that it's less likely. I'd figure a deal with the Arena league would have been brokered by now. The playoffs have long since been over and even if the Hornets wouldn't have used the name this season; you'd figure the AFL would want to start working on a replacement name.
    "Hornets means nothing." - Tom Benson

Yeah, watching the AFL's moves will be our best way to get some info about a deal.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Purple Haze View Post
    They won't be changing this year. You might as well order Hornets gear for Davis if you want it this year.

It'll be a collector's item at least, only one year.
    Thank you for letting me know that.

...we get to go McDonalds
    Right now, the way the Saints radio is, I wouldn't mind the New Orleans Buddy D > Bobby Hebert

Seriously though, does anyone feel like choosing Voodoo would somehow lessen the excitement of a rebrand? It's probably my favorite name itself for a New Orleans team...but I feel like I'm always going to associate Voodoo with the Arena League. My hope is they go with something completely new so I can wake up the morning of the unveiling excited as all hell.
    Last edited by Primetime; 09-25-2012 at 06:11 PM.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!!
    Just bought an Anthony Davis shirt and a Hornets cap. Only one store in the mall had a Davis shirt.

This was so anti-climatic... all this talk and not one once of information, and the Voodoo names seems to have escaped Benson.

On a permanent Holiday! Purple Haze's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by The JNR View Post
    Yeah, Voodoo is still my choice. Although honestly, over the past month or so, I haven't even cared about the rebrand. Too much other exciting stuff to think about.
    Me too but the Saints drove me back here for a bit.
    Wherehappens.

No one is loving the Krewe
    CAW CAW!!!

-Founder and valuable member of the Caw Caw Boyz-

The Voice of Reason Contributor RaisingTheBar's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Silverfoxx View Post
    No one is loving the Krewe
    That's a good thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Purple Haze View Post
    Me too but the Saints drove me back here for a bit.
    The Saints drove me to drinking. I don't even remember Sunday.

The Voice of Reason Contributor RaisingTheBar's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by The JNR View Post
    I don't even remember Sunday.
    That is also a good thing.

Band of Skulls & Neon Trees ramsters60's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 42 View Post
    All for it. Eat. Akers. Purs.

Oodoo.

Aints is well-known.

How to say ears?
    I really do think I prefer the New Orleans Nights to the Ears, Oodoo, Ukes, or just about anything else for that matter....probably as locally applicable as Rewe too....
    "we might make dollars, but we don't necessarily make sense"

"always be sincere....whether you mean it or not"

Uke is a Japanese term for a "bottom", btw.

Thread Information