Pelicans Report

Page 26 of 37 FirstFirst ... 16 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 36 ... LastLast

Thread: The rebrand and name change thread part 4

Quote Originally Posted by Make It Rain View Post
    I was just about to post the same thing. I'm assuming you got this information from the NOLA skyscraper forum? If not, the information you have and the information on that board are eerily similar. Later on in the thread,the guy said an announcement could come in December.
    I actually heard it elsewhere, but did see that on Skyscrapers a couple days later. I love Skyscraper...don't be telling too many people about it!
    "Times are not good here. The city is crumbling into ashes. It has been buried under taxes and frauds and maladministraions so that it has become a study for archaeologists...but it is better to live here in sackcloth and ashes than to own the whole state of Ohio."

— Lafcadio Hearn (Inventing New Orleans: Writings of Lafcadio Hearn)

Quote Originally Posted by geaux View Post
    I actually heard it elsewhere, but did see that on Skyscrapers a couple days later. I love Skyscraper...don't be telling too many people about it!
    The guy said "it's old school and that people will like it", i don't know if that would mean Pelicans. that would be 50/50, if not more who would hate it.

He didn't say wether it was old school basketball, Football, baseball or locally old school as in New Orleans Brass. It does read like he's 100% sure that the name has been picked.

I hate those kinds of hints, they lead you to a fork in the road.

I hope he's right and December is the announce date.

Hall of Famer Contributor pjk481's Avatar
    where on skyscraper is the rebrand talk?

Quote Originally Posted by pjk481 View Post
    where on skyscraper is the rebrand talk?
    It's sort of a random post, almost like he got an alert in the middle of posting and he couldn't help himself.

Post #5771 on page 289, by tennis1400.

Vote Voodoo! Contributor Unknown Poster's Avatar
    I agree the description is fairly ambiguous and doesn't necessarily point towards 'Pelicans.'
    "Hornets means nothing." - Tom Benson

...we get to go McDonalds
    He later says that its a bit 'ballsy' and that the announcement is in April?

So it's probably the New Orleans Nutsax

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    Old school, huh?

Could be as in historic. Like something sort of obscure from common knowledge. Like the Corsairs.

I will say its old school in a way but also a bit ballsy... everyone will find out in April!

Actually Ill be honest I dont know the actual name just know from certain folks that the name has been decided upon and I think its going to be announced in December but Im not sure. I know its for certain not the Jazz though! Benson tried his hardest to get it back!

Yea this is actually what is posted there..

1. Which is it, April or December?
    2. Nothing seems to say Pelicans. If anything it seems it is not Pelicans from his comments. What's old school and balsy about Pelicans?

Anyways nothing much to see here besides that according to his sources the name is picked. Which we have already heard rumors of it being done already before.

Quote Originally Posted by Primetime View Post
    He later says that its a bit 'ballsy' and that the announcement is in April?

So it's probably the New Orleans Nutsax
    Well would Buccaneers be considered "ballsy"? The idea of naming the team that when one of our divisional rivals in football is the Tampa Bay Buccaneers, even though our ABA team came first, would probably **** them off, maybe even the NFL. Build a successful team and make people think basketball when Buccaneers come up.

It would definitely be considered old school, because like i said, it was our name first.

Ballsy and old school? Lolwut? Pelicans isn't what I'd call 'ballsy' in any sense. Bucs does make a bit more sense.

Oh. Ballsy too?

A name where you could say it took balls to do. I'd say that has to be something that borders on the controversial. Not offensive, but maybe it represents something we all like but maybe we shouldn't, perhaps?

The Ballsy Pelicans.

The New Orleans Deez.

Honestly When I heard Old school and a bit ballsy. I thought New Orleans Breakers. Old school as in it was a team here. It is ballsy as well.

The rebrand and name change thread part 4

The Tom bensons fighting scrotums... Old and ballsy

Quote Originally Posted by bojangles837 View Post
    The Tom bensons fighting scrotums... Old and ballsy
    "Every fight is a food fight when you're a cannibal."- Demetri Martin

@ThePraff

...we get to go McDonalds
    Quote Originally Posted by NemesisKING View Post
    Well would Buccaneers be considered "ballsy"? The idea of naming the team that when one of our divisional rivals in football is the Tampa Bay Buccaneers, even though our ABA team came first, would probably **** them off, maybe even the NFL. Build a successful team and make people think basketball when Buccaneers come up.

It would definitely be considered old school, because like i said, it was our name first.
    It'd also be considered ballsy cause then there would be the Milwaukee Bucks and the New Orleans Bucs.

I'm not sure the NBA would go for it.

So....the ballsy Pelicans it is. I kinda like it.

From Kentucky, number 23 for YOOOUUURRRRR New Orleans Ballsy Pelicans.....

ballsy Anthony Davis.

Quote Originally Posted by Primetime View Post
    It'd also be considered ballsy cause then there would be the Milwaukee Bucks and the New Orleans Bucs.

I'm not sure the NBA would go for it.
    Yeah, I really doubt Bucs gets approved. Even if it did, we'd be going from getting confused with Charlotte occasionally to getting confused with Milwaukee regularly.

I just hope ballsy isn't a reference to Bounce.

Where fairies happen Contributor whoah whoah's Avatar
    Ballsy and old school points towards the Buccaneers. Its old school. It is ballsy because it shares the name of the Saints division rival...
    Quote Originally Posted by CP3
    you eat so good. you're always gonna eat good. I kid a lot, everything is spicy, the fruit loops even have some kick to em
    Quote Originally Posted by Lebron James
    We played pretty good defense. We bottled him [Paul] up, but with eyes in the back of his head, he found David West"

The rebrand and name change thread part 4

Carnival! Use Mardi Gras colors!

Emeka Okafor - Joe Smith - Carmelo Anthony - Manu Ginobili - Jason Williams

Al Jefferson - James Posey - Aaron McKie - Shaun Livingston

Quote Originally Posted by whoah whoah View Post
    Ballsy and old school points towards the Buccaneers. Its old school. It is ballsy because it shares the name of the Saints division rival...
    Put that way, that does make a lot of sense. Not to mention that reporters will short hand it as Bucs and that's already a team name.

Quote Originally Posted by Eman5805 View Post
    Put that way, that does make a lot of sense. Not to mention that reporters will short hand it as Bucs and that's already a team name.
    And trademark infringement within your own league. The only way Buccaneers gets approved is if there's never any official plan to use the shortened version.

Quote Originally Posted by The JNR View Post
    Wow, thanks for the find. I haven't even gotten to the rebrand information yet, but this forum is fascinating.
    I think I just spent the past 3 hours reading this forum. What an amazing forum, especially since I want to go into urban planning/economic development in Nola. I'm addicted.
    "Davis is gonna be the best Basketball Player Ever. ......Please quote me." -Silverfoxx

Quote Originally Posted by PennStateHornet View Post
    I think I just spent the past 3 hours reading this forum. What an amazing forum, especially since I want to go into urban planning/economic development in Nola. I'm addicted.
    I'm particularly into the news of new restaurants. All of the CBD lunch spots popping up are going to be awesome for my lunch break.

Thread Information