Pelicans Report

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Lakers vs Hornets or Bobcats important game

Lakers vs Hornets or Bobcats important game

On TNT pregame for Lakers vs Heat Kenny Smith said that the game tonight was not a life or death situation for the Lakers but if they were playing the Hornets or Bobcats tonight it would be an important game. Translation: it would be shameful to lose to these two bad teams. Guess he doesn't know that the Hornets are currently one of the hottest teams in the nba and would likely beat LA,certainly in the arena. So it's ok for LA to lose tonight.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! Bee-Fense's Avatar
    Kenny Smith is an uniformed idiot. He's lazy and only has a job because of his playing days. He should not be taken seriously as an analyst.

Joey Crawford is a joke of a ref...

Quote Originally Posted by oceanback View Post
    On TNT pregame for Lakers vs Heat Kenny Smith said that the game tonight was not a life or death situation for the Lakers but if they were playing the Hornets or Bobcats tonight it would be an important game. Translation: it would be shameful to lose to these two bad teams. Guess he doesn't know that the Hornets are currently one of the hottest teams in the nba and would likely beat LA,certainly in the arena. So it's ok for LA to lose tonight.
    During this whole win streak and 7-3 in the last 10 (mostly against playoff contenders), these networks mostly just run the Hornets highlights in about a minutes time, say who won, then move straight on to the next game. No analysis whatsoever.

That said, they did mention what great job Monty is doing with Gordon back during the Clips game. Monty apparently had a big influence on Dante Cunningham while at Portland.

how the lakers are playing every game is important....looking at the standing now they are not a playoff team....so playing the hot hornets might damages their egos more

Quote Originally Posted by oceanback View Post
    You completely missed the point. It wasn't a knock on the hornets it was saying the heat are better than the lakers talent wise; so don't judge this game so heavily; but to see if the lakers are starting to turn things around judge it off of teams they "should" beat because they have lost a lot of games to inferior teams talent wise.

"I don't know if people know — I dislocated my pinkie finger. And [Tyreke] told me, 'You wanna go home or you wanna be here?' I want to be here. And he said, 'All right, then go tape it up and let's play. Let's go. We not stoppin' at no stores. Straight gas. That's what we do, just keep going.'"

http://thebasketbawlblog.com/

He's made comments like this before. In the Rising Stars game last year he kept bashing us for no reason. The reason he would bash us and not the Bobcats is because the Bobcats are "Michael's team."

After watching that game last night I have an observation:

Steve Nash isn't Steve Nash anymore

The Voice of Reason Contributor RaisingTheBar's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Inner_GI View Post
    After watching that game last night I have an observation:

Steve Nash isn't Steve Nash anymore
    That tends to happen when you are 38 and coming off of an injury.

On a permanent Holiday! Purple Haze's Avatar
    That's what happens when you're an ignorant idiot and just glance at the standings while scribbling your set dialogue onto a napkin with a crayon.
    Wherehappens.

Quote Originally Posted by BallSoHard View Post
    You completely missed the point. It wasn't a knock on the hornets it was saying the heat are better than the lakers talent wise; so don't judge this game so heavily; but to see if the lakers are starting to turn things around judge it off of teams they "should" beat because they have lost a lot of games to inferior teams talent wise.
    I think you're the one missing the point and over-analyzing. At this point in the season, the Hornets are a better team than the Lakers. What he said was insulting and ill-informed. But hey, if I was a Lakers fanboy I wouldn't be watching Hornets games, either.

The Voice of Reason Contributor RaisingTheBar's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Purple Haze View Post
    That's what happens when you're an ignorant idiot and just glance at the standings while scribbling your set dialogue onto a napkin with a crayon.
    And he must have missed the last column when looking at those standings that says we are 7-3 in our last 10 games. Are we one of the better teams in the NBA? Hell no. But right not we are on a roll and no team should be relieved to play us.

I think you're the one missing the point and over-analyzing. At this point in the season, the Hornets are a better team than the Lakers. What he said was insulting and ill-informed. But hey, if I was a Lakers fanboy I wouldn't be watching Hornets games, either.
    How am I a lakers fanboy? Because they're my team in the hornets sim league? Cant discuss it without just throwing something like that end part in there could you?

I don't think I'm over-analyzing. I just think thats what he meant. Not sure why that offends you so much? I'm a Lakers fanboy because i don't play the us against the world mentality? Because i think a team with 40 million dollars more of payroll should beat us?

Fact is, Im a Hornets season ticket holder, are you?

I have league pass with the Hornets as a choice, do you?

I have the directv package that allows me to watch the Hornets.

I have bought a lot of merchandise for the Hornets as well. I have people that can back up everything I said on this subject.

Not sure why my fan hood got called into question bc we disagree with intent and meaning.
    Last edited by BallSoHard; 01-18-2013 at 08:13 AM.

How am I a lakers fanboy? Because they're my team in the hornets sim league? Cant discuss it without just throwing something like that end part in there could you?

I don't think I'm over-analyzing. I just think thats what he meant. Not sure why that offends you so much?
    I was talking about the media, and Kenny Smith in particular. I didn't even notice your sim league sig

Well damn it i just wasted too much time rewriting my reply in that case lol.

Well damn it i just wasted too much time rewriting my reply in that case lol.
    I wouldn't attack anyone on purpose like that. I could have written that more clearly.

And yeah, you got really offended for no reason

LOL

I was talking about the media, and Kenny Smith in particular. I didn't even notice your sim league sig
    No you weren't. You comments were directed at BallsoHard. You just don't want to admit it.

Emeka Okafor - Joe Smith - Carmelo Anthony - Manu Ginobili - Jason Williams

Al Jefferson - James Posey - Aaron McKie - Shaun Livingston

Quote Originally Posted by Hornets78 View Post
    No you weren't. You comments were directed at BallsoHard. You just don't want to admit it.
    Yeah, Purple Haze, lay off BallsSoHard!

Sim League stick together!

No, they really weren't.

What he said was insulting and ill-informed. But hey, if I was a Lakers fanboy I wouldn't be watching Hornets games, either.
    As I said, it could have been phrased better, but notice what was said beforehand. If I meant it towards him, I would tell him that (obviously, as it would have been pretty trolly and abrasive, no?).

So much reading comprehension fail I can hardly stand it.

Dude chill out. I know he does, and it wasn't directed to him. You're arguing semantics and I'm tell you that it was in no ill will towards him. Christ.

I knew right here you were talking about Kenny Smith because we all know BallSoHard DOES watch Hornets games.

It's like I'm taking crazy pills over here

Thread Information