Pelicans Report

Page 27 of 37 FirstFirst ... 17 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 ... LastLast

Thread: The rebrand and name change thread part 4

Quote Originally Posted by NemesisKING View Post
    Well would Buccaneers be considered "ballsy"? The idea of naming the team that when one of our divisional rivals in football is the Tampa Bay Buccaneers, even though our ABA team came first, would probably **** them off, maybe even the NFL. Build a successful team and make people think basketball when Buccaneers come up.

It would definitely be considered old school, because like i said, it was our name first.
    Quote Originally Posted by whoah whoah View Post
    Ballsy and old school points towards the Buccaneers. Its old school. It is ballsy because it shares the name of the Saints division rival...
    Are you just in agreement with me or is there something you've heard that makes you support the idea?

I don't know if this has been posted before, explained and used as an example or not, but i found this. This is a logo by a design company out Austin, Tx., Artaque Branding & Web Design.

This logo is listed on their home page at the bottom, under latest projects, click it.

http://artaque.com/index.html
    Last edited by NemesisKING; 11-17-2012 at 02:07 PM.

Vote Voodoo! Contributor Unknown Poster's Avatar
    Hmmm. I'm going to say just a guy taking a stab at it. It's a one-person operation and I doubt team Benson would hire a solo guy -- much more likely to hire some major firm.
    "Hornets means nothing." - Tom Benson

Quote Originally Posted by Unknown Poster View Post
    Hmmm. I'm going to say just a guy taking a stab at it. It's a one-person operation and I doubt team Benson would hire a solo guy -- much more likely to hire some major firm.
    Yeah, i didn't think this was anything official. I just thought this was kind of random, for a individual out of Austin, Tx. Of all the things to be working on, he chose an updated logo for a New Orleans ABA basketball team from 67-70?

He knows something, like you said he could be taking a stab at it, but maybe it's based on something he's knows from within the design community. I don't know how these things work, but maybe there has been a request to any and all logo designers.

But did you notice that the colors are black, gold and "grey", that rumored color from a previous post.

Vote Voodoo! Contributor Unknown Poster's Avatar
    Only thing I can think of is that they put out something in the trade papers asking for people in the industry to submit designs. But that would obviously leak out in plain black and white. As far as the colors I thought it was sort of a light/sky blue instead of gray but I suppose my eyes could be bad!

Wait..... So Benson owns the Saints, who division rival is the Infamous Bucs. But its a great idea to rebrand into the Bucs???

CAW CAW!!!

-Founder and valuable member of the Caw Caw Boyz-

Quote Originally Posted by Unknown Poster View Post
    Only thing I can think of is that they put out something in the trade papers asking for people in the industry to submit designs. But that would obviously leak out in plain black and white. As far as the colors I thought it was sort of a light/sky blue instead of gray but I suppose my eyes could be bad!
    I believe you're right on the blue, i had to turn the brightness up on my computer. And i'm obviously ready to read into anything i find.

"Mike Conley scores 20 as Grizzlies down Hornets for 8th straight win"

Another reason for a name change. Espn still can't figure out that the hornets are not from Charlotte after ten years...hopefully they'll at least change the headline soon.

http://scores.espn.go.com/nba/recap?gameId=400277854

I don't know if this has been posted before, explained and used as an example or not, but i found this. This is a logo by a design company out Austin, Tx., Artaque Branding & Web Design.

This logo is listed on their home page at the bottom, under latest projects, click it.

http://artaque.com/index.html
    I kind of like the artwork, but I'm so-so on the name. I like the history of it, and if there weren't a team with the same name in Tampa I'd be all for it.
    "Timing is everything. Chemistry is something that you don't just throw in the frying pan and mix it up with another something, then throw it on top of something, then fry it up and put it in a tortilla and put in a microwave, heat it up and give it to you and expect it to taste good. You know? For those of you who can cook, y'all know what I'm talking about. If y'all can't cook, this doesn't concern you."

New Orleans Knights is the only name that ive heard that i like.

I like New Orleans Storm

The rebrand and name change thread part 4

Quote Originally Posted by MMEmbreno View Post
    I like New Orleans Storm
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1353280793.843256.jpg 
Views:	180 
Size:	19.5 KB 
ID:	4430

I wrote this about you Mr. West's Avatar
    But did you notice that the colors are black, gold and "grey", that rumored color from a previous post.
    I must of missed this, could someone point me to the grey rumor?

I'm still in for Dukes.

I could live with Buccaneers, but I have my doubts.. Bucs Bucks, and then the crappy football team in Florida.

not nit-picking or anything but I'm just curious.

being the buccaneers would aggravate people because of the NFL rival, but you don't mind the rumored colors of gold red and black are the colors of the buccaneers?

The rebrand and name change thread part 4

I just said this in my head over and over and it sounded pretty good. The new Orleans jax. Kind of stupid but original

New Orleans Jacksons, nickname^2 The Jax.

Quote Originally Posted by 42 View Post
    New Orleans Jacksons, nickname^2 The Jax.
    The New Orleans Hickory/Hickories/Hickorys?

Neonights.
    A football game can't stop hurricanes.

It can't fix levees.

Or rebuild houses.

But it can let a city know...

That it's a city once again.

Welcome back, New Orleans.

On a permanent Holiday! Purple Haze's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by CP3nDX30 View Post

being the buccaneers would aggravate people because of the NFL rival, but you don't mind the rumored colors of gold red and black are the colors of the buccaneers?
    Nah, a name is totally different than colors. I actually like the Bucs' color scheme as well.
    Wherehappens.

Quote Originally Posted by CP3nDX30 View Post

Also the Tampa Bay Bucs' gold is more of a pewter than anything else.

Quote Originally Posted by Slidell Hornet View Post
    Neonights.
    turrible.

New Orleans Breakers is easily the best. History (USFL), a double-entendre with basketball (fast-break) and hurricane Katrina (levees broke), geographical relevance (lake Pontch., Gulf of Mexico), and as the cherry on top, a pelican swooping over the cresting breakers could tie in a mascot/old bit of history. You could also still have a Pelican as your mascot (Hugo-esque) since the pelican could easily be in a potential Breakers logo. I love what BigDub did in utilizing basically the exact same old Breakers logo/scheme as it was one of the most unique and clever logos in all of sports history.

I would go so far as to say that New Orleans Breakers more perfect of a basketball nickname than the New Orleans Saints is a football nickname. Blasphemy, I realize... but truth.

Name:	5729.gif 
Views:	133 
Size:	5.6 KB 
ID:	4440

Name:	Seymour_D._Fair.jpg 
Views:	143 
Size:	78.4 KB 
ID:	4441
    Last edited by WisconsinHornet; 11-27-2012 at 01:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by WisconsinHornet View Post
    turrible.

New Orleans Breakers is easily the best. History (USFL), a double-entendre with basketball (fast-break) and hurricane Katrina (levees broke), geographical relevance (lake Pontch., Gulf of Mexico), and as the cherry on top, a pelican swooping over the cresting breakers could tie in a mascot/old bit of history. You could also still have a Pelican as your mascot (Hugo-esque) since the pelican could easily be in a potential Breakers logo. I love what BigDub did in utilizing basically the exact same old Breakers logo/scheme as it was one of the most unique and clever logos in all of sports history.

Name:	5729.gif 
Views:	133 
Size:	5.6 KB 
ID:	4440

Name:	Seymour_D._Fair.jpg 
Views:	143 
Size:	78.4 KB 
ID:	4441
    I still don't understand how people think it's cute to reference this as though it's something positive.

Quote Originally Posted by HunnyB View Post
    I still don't understand how people think it's cute to reference this as though it's something positive.
    well it saved the Superdome, the Saints, the Hornets, our film industry, gave us the opportunity to develop a medical corridor that could potentially do for NOLA what it did for Pittsburgh, and so many other things that it would be impossible to list them all.

Katrina was horrible, but it was also the best thing that could have possibly happened to New Orleans. The world works in strange ways.

Quote Originally Posted by WisconsinHornet View Post
    well it saved the Superdome, the Saints, the Hornets, our film industry, gave us the opportunity to develop a medical corridor that could potentially do for NOLA what it did for Pittsburgh, and so many other things that it would be impossible to list them all.

Katrina was horrible, but it was also the best thing that could have possibly happened to New Orleans. The world works in strange ways.
    Yeah well tell that to the thousands of people who lost loved ones. I'm not disagreeing with the name Breakers but the reference to levees breaking shouldn't be used imo. I mean why don't we just call them the New Orleans Katrinas then since so much positive came from it and since it helped us out so much. Geez.

Thread Information