Pelicans Report

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5

Thread: Another Eric Gordon Rumor...

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! Trell's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by HunnyB View Post
    He should be tired of not being healthy enough to help his team make the playoffs.
    Lol, seriously though Hunny! I honestly believe our team & the Clippers could've made the playoffs with a healthy Gordon!
    2013-1014 is the season the Pelicans fanbase grows!!!!

PG Next great tank pick
    SG Shabazz
    SF Jabari Parker
    PF Anthony Davis
    C Next great tank pick

Championship!!

Quote Originally Posted by Good Citizen View Post
    Lots of people have. If not you, then don't assume I'm talking to you.

Several posters have said this is ridiculous because we'll just match. But if Pacers offer 4/$58, why would we match that if Pacers offer George and 26, Collison, or Hill.
    We already offered him 4/50. You think we're going to let him go over 8 Million? No. AND...the Pacers aren't offering that. They aren't offering us George, ever. If they did, of course anyone would listen. But George is virtually untouchable on that roster.

We're keeping Gordon, whether you like it or not. Time to move on and deal with it.

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Good Citizen View Post
    Lots of people have. If not you, then don't assume I'm talking to you.

Several posters have said this is ridiculous because we'll just match. But if Pacers offer 4/$58, why would we match that if Pacers offer George and 26, Collison, or Hill.

I'm walking and chewing gum. I'm all for keeping Gordon if we draft someone who isn't a shooting guard, or someone who is a shooting guard, but we believe he can play PG. I also think if we sign Gordon we also use our cap space now to give this team a better chance to compete for a playoff spot instead of "marginally tanking" another year and waiting to use our resources next season. I'm also open to keeping Gordon if we get lowballed on S/T offers BUT, if we draft a shooting guard, really want to rebuild slowly, and get a good S/T offer.... I'm cool with trading Gordon.

See how those two ideas can exist within the same person using logic. I just wish more posters had higher reading comprehension scores, but LA is low ranking in k-12 education, so I'm used to it.

I appreciate the good, thoughtful, and challenging posters... I scroll and don't respond to those that clearly didn't pass the LEAP test and believe that all I want to do is trade Eric Gordon and sign Javelle Mcgee.

FWIW, Eman5805... I consider you one of the better posters.
    It's not that I thought you meant me, I just hadn't noticed people really thought we should give him the max. Don't think it will ever come to that anyway. But keeping options open is just smart team management.

Quote Originally Posted by Luke's Hornets View Post

Next, trade all 2013 picks for 2014 picks because that is when jabari parker will be on the board. And isn't he the real prize?
    Nah man, he has to go on his Mormon mission, he already said he is doing that... Would love that kid though.

Quote Originally Posted by MeSoHornets504 View Post
    Nah man, he has to go on his Mormon mission, he already said he is doing that... Would love that kid though.
    I was completely joking.. But once he sits down and realize he is going to be the biggest recruit since Lebron he will go college than pro. He does not have to do that mission. I would bet he doesn't.

MeSoHornets504
    Great name.

Quote Originally Posted by Coughka View Post
    I actually am Eric Gordon.

I want to play for the Los Angeles Sparks.
    .....I actually LOLed at work

I was completely joking.. But once he sits down and realize he is going to be the biggest recruit since Lebron he will go college than pro. He does not have to do that mission. I would bet he doesn't.
    That's why I think we should go for the unprotected Bucks pick in the future. They are in the perfect position to think they won't be in the lottery, and I see them being bottom 5, not this year but the next 2.

I'm also blindly optimistic.

But... but... We cant sign gordon with a max! If we do we might become a watchable playoff team for the next few seasons! Is there no God!

You telling me we are going to win the lottery twice?
    I think guys like Nerlens, Zeller(the good one) and McAdoo will give Muhammad a run for the top pick. If we can get a top 4 picks I would gladly take either one

Quote Originally Posted by da ThRONe View Post
    I think guys like Nerlens, Zeller(the good one) and McAdoo will give Muhammad a run for the top pick. If we can get a top 4 picks I would gladly take either one
    Zeller I can see that but Nerlens will not be the next Davis.

I will put $1025 on Jabari Parker going on going to college for a year, going on his mission for 2 years, coming back to another year of college ball, then being the #1 overall pick. The kid has already said basketball doesn't define him, and he has the grades to make it anywhere he wants to if basketball doesn't pan out.
    If you Jimmer it, they will come.

I don't see a need for Zeller or Leonard unless they are BPA, next years draft is so deap at center it would be like taking the money now rather than waiting a year for even more money. We aren't in a win now mode so we shouldnt pretend to be.

Thread has gone way off topic and run its course.

Thread Information