Pelicans Report

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Another Eric Gordon Rumor...

Eric Gordon is my dad and he's retiring from basketball to play soccer.

I think we draft bpa wether it is pf, c, sg, sf, or pg. We need players across the board.
    If you Jimmer it, they will come.

yada yada yada.

You don't follow my Twitter, I lead yours.

https://twitter.com/#!/onpointlikecp3

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! Trell's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Good Citizen View Post
    Read the Tea Leaves:

1. Larry Bird is the guy who said he didn't think they would go after Gordon. Larry is no longer team President.

2. Demps/Dell saying positive things about keeping Gordon is what you would expect them to say in order to maximize potential S/T value

3. The Hornets have expressed serious interest in a Shooting Guards in the draft. Why spend a top 10 pick on a a guy who will spend his career playing behind Gordon. You can't say we're drafting a "Harden/Manu type" unless you're also willing to compare Gordon to Sefolosha and Daniel Green.

4. Demps and Dell have also said that it will take time to develop this team. Why invest over $12m a year in an injury prone shooting guard, who may have desires to play for his hometown, and will be an Unrestricted Free Agent right as you reach your contending window?

5. The new RFA rule only gives teams 3 days to match, which significantly increases the ease of a team making an offer for a RFA like Gordon. You don't think Hibbert will be patient and wait until Wednesday if Indiana offers Eric Gordon a contract on Sunday?? Indiana can sign Gordon, then exceed the cap to sign Hibbert. They went toe-to-toe with the eventual NBA champs. I'm sure they believe adding Eric Gordon at least takes them to 7 games against the Heat, if not pass them if Wade continues to show excessive wear from high mileage.
    Actually Bird I the president for one more season I believe!
    2013-1014 is the season the Pelicans fanbase grows!!!!

When you're a team like us, you pick the BPA. A rookie picked at 10 has NO BEARING WHATSOEVER on what we do with Eric Gordon right now.

If they can't coexist, you trade them. But you take the Best Player Available to you, because of the extremely high bust factor in the NBA draft.

Quote Originally Posted by Smirk View Post
    No one minds a logical differing of opinion. Your particular opinion is completely ridiculous and has literally no logical basis in reality.

Regarding picking a "SG". Both Rivers and Waiters can play spot duty at either Guard position. 10 is not a lock to be a starter. If you can get a guy that contributes and is in the league in 7 years, you've won, to be honest.
    I agree about 10 not being a lock to be a starter, but you certainly don't go into the draft with the idea that you're getting Jannero Pargo at 10!

Gordon isn't Sefolosha or Daniel Green, and so pick 10 isn't going to be Harden or Manu.

Use your brain McFly....!

Quote Originally Posted by Trell View Post
    Actually Bird I the president for one more season I believe!
    He's cleaning out his office until August. New leadership and management have taken over.

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    Who has been pro max deal for Gordon? I'm just pro "Don't lose our best player for nothing because we're being cheap".

I agree about 10 not being a lock to be a starter, but you certainly don't go into the draft with the idea that you're getting Jannero Pargo at 10!

Gordon isn't Sefolosha or Daniel Green, and so pick 10 isn't going to be Harden or Manu.

I'm not even sure what you mean by any of this. Who said Gordon was Sefolosha?

Are you saying that Gordon and Rivers or Waiters can't play at the same time?

Every team has different rotations. A bad team like us needs players, period.

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar

Or, and follow me on this, we're going to use a totally different team model all our own that can't be analgamous to any other team. No? Yes? Maybe?

The Franchise
    I think you keep Gordon at least another year (of course signing him long term). See how our team does this year and if Rivers(possibly) is performing well enough, then next year trade him for some HIGH lottery picks. I hope he wants to stay because I think him and Davis are really something great to build upon.

Don't go crazy, I want to keep him forever but only being realistic to players and potential movement.

I think without Gordon we are in for another mediocre year but with Gordon we are a playoff team.
    Last edited by tdcreator; 06-28-2012 at 12:38 PM.

Gordon wants to be where the money is as at! Lol, funny but true!

Quote Originally Posted by Eman5805 View Post
    Who has been pro max deal for Gordon? I'm just pro "Don't lose our best player for nothing because we're being cheap".
    Lots of people have. If not you, then don't assume I'm talking to you.

Several posters have said this is ridiculous because we'll just match. But if Pacers offer 4/$58, why would we match that if Pacers offer George and 26, Collison, or Hill.

I'm walking and chewing gum. I'm all for keeping Gordon if we draft someone who isn't a shooting guard, or someone who is a shooting guard, but we believe he can play PG. I also think if we sign Gordon we also use our cap space now to give this team a better chance to compete for a playoff spot instead of "marginally tanking" another year and waiting to use our resources next season. I'm also open to keeping Gordon if we get lowballed on S/T offers BUT, if we draft a shooting guard, really want to rebuild slowly, and get a good S/T offer.... I'm cool with trading Gordon.

See how those two ideas can exist within the same person using logic. I just wish more posters had higher reading comprehension scores, but LA is low ranking in k-12 education, so I'm used to it.

I appreciate the good, thoughtful, and challenging posters... I scroll and don't respond to those that clearly didn't pass the LEAP test and believe that all I want to do is trade Eric Gordon and sign Javelle Mcgee.

FWIW, Eman5805... I consider you one of the better posters.

Quote Originally Posted by da ThRONe View Post
    And you sir don't seem to understand the difference between not agreeing with someones basis and them not having any at all.

Not having a basis is Anthony Davis is a bust. Having a basis is I don't see Anthony Davis as a franchise changer because X, Y, and/or Z. Whether you agree with XYZ is something different altogether.

Now back to the subject. If Pacers are willing to part with George and a draft pick not sure we can turn that down. No George won't put up points like Gordon, but he's far from an offensives liability while fits in perfect with the defense theme.

Would love Leonard/Davis/George frontcourt. Then we could address the backcourt next year with a guy like Shabazz Muhammad and Trey Burke

You telling me we are going to win the lottery twice?

Ok, so which other teams are rumored to be going after Gordon? Is it just the Pacers since that's his hometown?

Other than his hometown Pacers, which other teams have been constantly brought up in regards to Eric Gordon?

Any other teams out there to help with his leveraging?

Quote Originally Posted by Eman5805 View Post
    Or, and follow me on this, we're going to use a totally different team model all our own that can't be analgamous to any other team. No? Yes? Maybe?
    I'll go with Maybe. Which is cool. But I can only discuss/debate on this forum based on context, history, and what we know. If we're going to invent a totally different team model, hey..I'm a fan of the game...I'm cool with it, but I'll continue to evaluate our moves and roster based on what I've seen from this team and from teams where our coach/gm have gained experience, until I've seen this new innovative approach we're concocting in the Alario Lab!

I think large expirings will fit the bill.

Quote Originally Posted by da ThRONe View Post
    And you sir don't seem to understand the difference between not agreeing with someones basis and them not having any at all.

Not having a basis is Anthony Davis is a bust. Having a basis is I don't see Anthony Davis as a franchise changer because X, Y, and/or Z. Whether you agree with XYZ is something different altogether.

Now back to the subject. If Pacers are willing to part with George and a draft pick not sure we can turn that down. No George won't put up points like Gordon, but he's far from an offensives liability while fits in perfect with the defense theme.

Would love Leonard/Davis/George frontcourt. Then we could address the backcourt next year with a guy like Shabazz Muhammad and Trey Burke
    What them players you just named, what makes you think our pick will be that high? Our defense will be ridiculous to just be a bad team. But I listen to you opinions and think it in, like when you said "Gordon isn't worth the max" a while back. I totally agree, I think we all do, but that's a move you have to make for the better of the franchise. I also think Indiana wouldn't take George for Gordon, Granger for Gordon yes, but that's a no no for our organization. George is to versatile! And tbh I totally hated your other argument about, getting 3-4 deft picks this year & try to get a pick next year to land Shabazz. That was totally horrible lol, it's really not good to stack your team with young players & rookies.

Quote Originally Posted by HunnyB View Post
    Ok, so which other teams are rumored to be going after Gordon? Is it just the Pacers since that's his hometown?

Other than his hometown Pacers, which other teams have been constantly brought up in regards to Eric Gordon?

Any other teams out there to help with his leveraging?
    Cavs if they miss out on Beal and Nets if they lose D-Will are two teams that have also been rumored to be interested. 76ers and Wolves were also brought up as possibilities, but those may have been more speculation than "rumor".

The most Indiana can offer is 4y $55m. Same for any non-Hornets team.

This is areound $1m/y more than the former offer. We'll match unless we have a better deal by not doing so. It's in our control. Don't discount a trade a few months from now either.

If I was Eric Gordon, I would want to go back home...Indiana has a good team and he would be close to his family. Plus, hornets are rebuilding (similar to the clippers while he was there...im sure he is tired of not making the playoffs) and its going to take +/-2 for us to be relevant.

Quote Originally Posted by aas3452 View Post
    If I was Eric Gordon, I would want to go back home...Indiana has a good team and he would be close to his family. Plus, hornets are rebuilding (similar to the clippers while he was there...im sure he is tired of not making the playoffs) and its going to take +/-2 for us to be relevant.
    He should be tired of not being healthy enough to help his team make the playoffs.

Quote Originally Posted by Trell View Post
    What them players you just named, what makes you think our pick will be that high? Our defense will be ridiculous to just be a bad team. But I listen to you opinions and think it in, like when you said "Gordon isn't worth the max" a while back. I totally agree, I think we all do, but that's a move you have to make for the better of the franchise. I also think Indiana wouldn't take George for Gordon, Granger for Gordon yes, but that's a no no for our organization. George is to versatile! And tbh I totally hated your other argument about, getting 3-4 deft picks this year & try to get a pick next year to land Shabazz. That was totally horrible lol, it's really not good to stack your team with young players & rookies.
    Next, trade all 2013 picks for 2014 picks because that is when jabari parker will be on the board. And isn't he the real prize?

Quote Originally Posted by aas3452 View Post
    Seriously, who wouldn't want to play for they home team? Bad or not! And I honestly think if we draft to bigs, we will be a playoff team, because of great defense & scoring guards in Gordon and Jack!

Quote Originally Posted by MeSoHornets504 View Post
    I'm a parasite Eric caught some time last week, as he was eating a steak at Waffle House. I'm, literally, inside his brain right now. He definitely wants to go play in China.

Heard it from his mouth.
    Awesome.

Heard it from his mouth and with his ears.

Thread Information