Pelicans Report

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Another Eric Gordon Rumor...

Wait, someone likes another place more than New Orleans? THIS IS A COMPLETE AND UTTER LIE AND THE INTERNET WEBBLOGGERS ARE UNINFORMED LIBERAL CLOWNS

There haven't been any real disputes. This has been rumored for a while and Gordon has never said "I intend to stay in New Orleans, I am not interested in Indiana." Of course he's interested in Indiana, they're his hometown team and he went to college at IU.

That said, I'm in complete agreement with the article. If we can get Rivers or Waiters in the draft, then sign-and-trade Gordon for Paul George or Roy Hibbert (a frontline of Hibbert and Davis would be lethal) I am totally fine with that. I'd rather lose him now then have him demand (or "let it be known that he would prefer") a trade in 3 years when Anthony Davis is hitting his prime and we're contending

Quote Originally Posted by Savagetaint View Post
    Based on his injury history and contract demands, I would probably trade Gordon for George straight up. That would give the Hornets a 6'8" SG in George, a 6'9" SF in Aminu, & a 6'11" PF in Davis that are all young, long, & athletic. Though, they would definitely need a creator at PG as they would struggle to get their own shots.
    Meyers Leonard at 10 = 7'1 C also. Still no one really able to create their own shot.

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck View Post
    Wait, someone likes another place more than New Orleans? THIS IS A COMPLETE AND UTTER LIE AND THE INTERNET WEBBLOGGERS ARE UNINFORMED LIBERAL CLOWNS

There haven't been any real disputes. This has been rumored for a while and Gordon has never said "I intend to stay in New Orleans, I am not interested in Indiana." Of course he's interested in Indiana, they're his hometown team and he went to college at IU.

That said, I'm in complete agreement with the article. If we can get Rivers or Waiters in the draft, then sign-and-trade Gordon for Paul George or Roy Hibbert (a frontline of Hibbert and Davis would be lethal) I am totally fine with that. I'd rather lose him now then have him demand (or "let it be known that he would prefer") a trade in 3 years when Anthony Davis is hitting his prime and we're contending
    So you think he'd want a trade when Davis is hitting his prime and we're contending? So he'd leave a contending team just to go play at 'home'?

ETA: Nobody even knows what the Pacers will look like in 3 years. Will West still be there? Will Granger still be there? Nobody knows.

Sign and trade Gordon for paul george and their 1st rounder and basically have unlimited cap and they cant afford gordon and hibbert so if they take gordon then: we draft rivers at 10 and fournier at 26 and sacre at 46

J. Jack/Vasquez
    A.Rivers/Fournier
    P. George/aminu
    A. Davis/ayon
    Hibbert/Smith

I wrote this about you Mr. West's Avatar
    Good luck with that Pacers.
    @DanielVeuleman

Based on his injury history and contract demands, I would probably trade Gordon for George straight up. That would give the Hornets a 6'8" SG in George, a 6'9" SF in Aminu, & a 6'11" PF in Davis that are all young, long, & athletic. Though, they would definitely need a creator at PG as they would struggle to get their own shots.
    george came into the league at 6"8 he grew to inches over the summer last year and measured in at 6"10, he's taller than aminu

Ok, so which other teams are rumored to be going after Gordon? Is it just the Pacers since that's his hometown?

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck View Post

These rumors are all old. That was most people's point.

He has been at almost every rookie workout. SEVERAL rookies have commented on speaking with him and EG saying he plans on being here and so on. So there's literally no substance to this garbage.

Humor is reason gone mad Savagetaint's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by HornetGuru View Post
    george came into the league at 6"8 he grew to inches over the summer last year and measured in at 6"10, he's taller than aminu
    More info that would make me rather gamble on George's potential on a rookie contract than Gordon's potential health on a max contract.
    Always remember you're unique, just like everyone else.

I wonder if CP3 is interested in playing for the Bobcats. They're his hometown team and he went to school at WF.

Quote Originally Posted by JJackisangry View Post
    I hope pacers fans are realizing they are unintentionally making their hometown hero look like a ginormous dbag. These rumors need to stop pacers fans. Not helping his reputation at all
    It isnt Pacer fans it is from Eric himself( I have heard it from his mouth). He wants to be home for his brother he has been pretty open about it. I think he will stay in NOLA though he is happy there (he was not happy in LA due to one overrated player and another lazy bum he was leaving the Clipps 100%) but he does want to go home to be with his brother and help him mature in HS. I think he wants to stay in NOLA now he likes it a ton better than LA.

Quote Originally Posted by ej_23 View Post
    It isnt Pacer fans it is from Eric himself( I have heard it from his mouth). He wants to be home for his brother he has been pretty open about it. I think he will stay in NOLA though he is happy there (he was not happy in LA due to one overrated player and another lazy bum he was leaving the Clipps 100%) but he does want to go home to be with his brother and help him mature in HS. I think he wants to stay in NOLA now he likes it a ton better than LA.
    Seems like a lot of contradicting going on in this post. He wants to be home for his brother but he wants to stay in NOLA. Which is it?

I heard something else from his mouth.

thanks for the insight

If not wanting to be here is defined by staying in town thru most of the offseason and constantly working out at the team facility, then Ok, whatever.

Now if they want to work on something that includes Hibbert, George, and Hill, I'm listening.

Has he thought of maybe of bringing his brother to N.O. with him and letting him play in at St. Augustine or something....but then again that would be taking on a lot with him gone half of the time on the road....unless the parents move down with him....I don't know jus throwing that out there... LOL. St. Augustine is a top 40 in HS Bball (Lost to my hometown Peabody Warhorses in the championship!....had to gloat a little LOL)

Quote Originally Posted by Soundwave View Post
    If not wanting to be here is defined by staying in town thru most of the offseason and constantly working out at the team facility, then Ok, whatever.

Now if they want to work on something that includes Hibbert, George, and Hill, I'm listening.
    Yeah, you just may be able to pry those guys from Walsh and Pritchard.

Did anyone watch Paul George against the Heat? He's not a first option, couldn't create anything for himself. Gordon made much better strides in his first two years

I heard him say he secretly hates Indiana and loves New Orleans and will never ever leave.

True story.

Quote Originally Posted by HunnyB View Post
    I wonder if CP3 is interested in playing for the Bobcats. They're his hometown team and he went to school at WF.
    Not enough cameras or bright lights for him there (or here).

I think she was being Very sarcastic. Although I ro remember the rumors about him possibly going to Charlotte as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Soundwave View Post
    Not enough cameras or bright lights for him there (or here).
    But it's all about playing for your hometown and where you went to college at. Don't you know that?

More info that would make me rather gamble on George's potential on a rookie contract than Gordon's potential health on a max contract.
    Agreed not only would it give us a more dependable player baring injuries, but also a way cheaper contract, but i wouldnt do it straight up they would have to throw in their first rounder, gordon has that killer instinct and can create for himself, george isnt there yet, but with letting gordon go we would almost have enough cap for THREE max contracts lol plus austin rivers does have that killer instinct and create ur own shot that gordon has

How do none of these writers understand the concept of restricted free agency my God the stupidity.

Someone should change the title to OLD DISCREDITED ERIC GORDON RUMOR

Quote Originally Posted by BallSoHard View Post
    I think she was being Very sarcastic. Although I ro remember the rumors about him possibly going to Charlotte as well.
    I know, so was I (sort of).

Thread Information