Pelicans Report

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Thread: Austin Rivers would love to play in New Orleans {title edit}

Quote Originally Posted by Saints Fan in A View Post
    We're hearing Bryan Colangelo and the Raptors are leaning towards Austin Rivers over Dion Waiters at 8.

https://twitter.com/nbadraftnet/stat...06500315484160
    i remember hearing somewhere that the hornets are also high on Waiters... he seems like the guy if Rivers is gone

On a permanent Holiday! Purple Haze's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by CP3nDX30 View Post
    i remember hearing somewhere that the hornets are also high on Waiters... he seems like the guy if Rivers is gone
    Might not make Gordon too happy but means we don't have to bring Marco back.
    Wherehappens.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!!
    Happy to hear someone wants to be here, for whatever reason.

Quote Originally Posted by laclife View Post
    so what when you play ball you always think like that. nobody drives to the hole thinking he's pippen. your always jordan
    Really you should be LeBron. Make the right play. But that's neither here nor there.

Quote Originally Posted by G.P.Free View Post
    I don't know if the Ricky davis comparison is really accurate, that dude was selfish, and very immature with no clue on how to be a team player... I would think growing up in a NBA culture would at the very least give Rivers an idea of how to be a team player, and having a dad like Doc( who got KG to reign in his attitude some, and Rondo to buy in a lil) would have some kind of impact on his own son.
    I think that's why he said Ricky Davis...
    "Every fight is a food fight when you're a cannibal."- Demetri Martin

@ThePraff

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by smcgull View Post
    Happy to hear someone wants to be here, for whatever reason.
    its gotta be the food

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Nola3 View Post
    Really you should be LeBron. Make the right play. But that's neither here nor there.
    im talking crunch time

Rivers said he trademarked the tattoo on his left wrist that he got a few days ago that reads "M.O.A.M.'' He said it stands for Man On A Mission and there are already T-shirts created. He also got tattoos on two fingers with one saying "Dedicated" and the other "Determined.''
    http://espn.go.com/mens-college-bask...otes-nba-draft

The Hornets are gonna be full of trademarks by the time the draft is over.

I hope we get Rivers. People are looking for reasons to hate the guy the same way they did Eric (He doesn't smile so that means he hates New Orleans) Gordon.

I like Rivers... we need someone else that can put the ball on the floor and get to the hole. We shoot too many jumpers.

On a permanent Holiday! Purple Haze's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hornetnojersey View Post
    I hope we get Rivers. People are looking for reasons to hate the guy the same way they did Eric (He doesn't smile so that means he hates New Orleans) Gordon.
    How are the two situations even slightly comparable. I've listed why I don't like his game ad nauseum. I'm not looking for a reason, I already have plenty.

Quote Originally Posted by praff7 View Post
    I think that's why he said Ricky Davis...
    I get why he said it. My point was I don't think its a fair comparison, I don't know who the influences on Ricky Davis was shaping him into an nba player, but i doubt it the same caliber of Rivers, dude was literally raised in a nba locker room around guys like Monty... some of those leasons had to rub off, I just don't think he is as bad/selfish a character guy the gurus make him out to be.

Vote Voodoo! Contributor Unknown Poster's Avatar
    Nowhere in that interview/snippet did he say he 'prefers' to be drafted by New Orleans. He just said a lot of positive things about the possibility which I'm sure he could come up with for other situations around the league. Once again, OP editorializes and passes it off as reported news. Truly, you are one of the worst posters on this forum -- time for the ignore list.
    "Hornets means nothing." - Tom Benson

Quote Originally Posted by Unknown Poster View Post
    Nowhere in that interview/snippet did he say he 'prefers' to be drafted by New Orleans. He just said a lot of positive things about the possibility which I'm sure he could come up with for other situations around the league. Once again, OP editorializes and passes it off as reported news. Truly, you are one of the worst posters on this forum -- time for the ignore list.
    Since when does that ever happen on here?

Quote Originally Posted by Soundwave View Post
    As long as someone takes a shot I'm happy. Getting tired of our guys standing around and looking at each other until the shot clock runs down.
    ^THIS

Quote Originally Posted by G.P.Free View Post
    I get why he said it. My point was I don't think its a fair comparison, I don't know who the influences on Ricky Davis was shaping him into an nba player, but i doubt it the same caliber of Rivers, dude was literally raised in a nba locker room around guys like Monty... some of those leasons had to rub off, I just don't think he is as bad/selfish a character guy the gurus make him out to be.
    You don't need gurus. I'm a huge Duke fan and I watched at least 10-12 games this year. Rivers doesn't move well off the ball. Demands the ball 30 feet from the basket. Dribbles incessantly when he gets it. Doesn't look up, especially when driving to the rack. Takes innumerable stupid shots. Plays lax D. Does he have a unique and intriguing skill set? Obviously. But when it comes to his mentality and gaping holes in his game, I'll pass on him in the top 10.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by praff7 View Post
    Since when does that ever happen on here?
    wait theres a ignore list

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Unknown Poster View Post
    Truly, you are one of the worst posters on this forum .
    hey what about me

You don't need gurus. I'm a huge Duke fan and I watched at least 10-12 games this year. Rivers doesn't move well off the ball. Demands the ball 30 feet from the basket. Dribbles incessantly when he gets it. Doesn't look up, especially when driving to the rack. Takes innumerable stupid shots. Plays lax D. Does he have a unique and intriguing skill set? Obviously. But when it comes to his mentality and gaping holes in his game, I'll pass on him in the top 10.
    He is only 19. Every player his age (even Davis) has gaping holes in his game. The fact is that he has several elite skills/traits.

He is an elite ball handler (compared to his age group). He is an elite scorer. He is an elite closer. Those are 3 major MAJOR qualities in a young player that he can lean on while he develops the rest of his game. It's not like we have a coach who hates rookies *cough* Byron Scott *cough*. Monty is willing to develop him, and Rivers is willing to learn from Monty. It is a great match.

Plus, he has Eric Gordon to take the load off of him. That is invaluable. He can progress at his own rate. Don't forget this kid was the #2 ranked prospect last year behind Davis, and his game is much better suited for the NBA than it is for college.

Not sure where to post it but the ESPN special just had a conversation about Rivers and the Hornets.

They said we really like him and feel he can be converted to point guard. Said he's open to it. Also mentioned both Dell and Monty have known Rivers since he was 4 because they both knew doc and played with him.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by nolaslim213 View Post
    He is only 19. Every player his age (even Davis) has gaping holes in his game. The fact is that he has several elite skills/traits.

He is an elite ball handler (compared to his age group). He is an elite scorer. He is an elite closer. Those are 3 major MAJOR qualities in a young player that he can lean on while he develops the rest of his game. It's not like we have a coach who hates rookies *cough* Byron Scott *cough*. Monty is willing to develop him, and Rivers is willing to learn from Monty. It is a great match.

Plus, he has Eric Gordon to take the load off of him. That is invaluable. He can progress at his own rate. Don't forget this kid was the #2 ranked prospect last year behind Davis, and his game is much better suited for the NBA than it is for college.
    from gordon, rivers could learn alot

Seems like the planets will allign and we will get rivers

Quote Originally Posted by nolaslim213 View Post

But having him with Gordon is redundant and unnecessary. He would take shots and presumably minutes away from Gordon while potentially harming team chemistry (which is vital to a young team). I realize that his skill set is elite and if you gave his skills to a player who was less of a chucker, and who knew how to play in a team construct then I would take him in a second. I'm not questioning his skills, I'm questioning him.

But having him with Gordon is redundant and unnecessary. He would take shots and presumably minutes away from Gordon while potentially harming team chemistry (which is vital to a young team). I realize that his skill set is elite and if you gave his skills to a player who was less of a chucker, and who knew how to play in a team construct then I would take him in a second. I'm not questioning his skills, I'm questioning him.
    Last sentence doesn't make sense.

Apparently both dell and Monty have discussed converting him to point guard and both have apparently seen things in his workouts that suggest he will be able to make that switch.

I'm personally not the biggest rivers fan but that does make me feel a little bit better since I'm pretty sure were going to pick him if he's there.

Thread Information