Pelicans Report

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Thread: Austin Rivers would love to play in New Orleans {title edit}

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by HunnyB View Post
    What if Rivers think playing for Monty will be a cakewalk simply because he knows him? I mean a cakewalk as in coming in and having his way. How would that turn out? I'm not saying that's what's on Rivers' mind but it's just something that crossed mine.
    he's gonna have a rude awaking. players in this league are gonna take it to him especially since doc is his father

Quote Originally Posted by bojangles837 View Post
    we should have an austin rivers sub-forum
    It'll all be over with tomorrow.

Banned
    error
    Last edited by laclife; 06-27-2012 at 05:30 PM.

It'll all be over with tomorrow.
    And not a day too soon

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    Rivers was the only dude that could get his own shot.

The kid is 19. He was at the prom a year ago. Far from a finished product, just as Davis is. Wow...

What if Rivers think playing for Monty will be a cakewalk simply because he knows him? I mean a cakewalk as in coming in and having his way. How would that turn out? I'm not saying that's what's on Rivers' mind but it's just something that crossed mine.
    I would think if Monty let him slide without giving 100% the 1st call he would get would come from Doc. Doc seems like high character guy, I don't think he would appreciate his son getting a pass, and not really playing too his potential.

Quote Originally Posted by Jujube View Post
    And not a day too soon
    I agree. I'll be soooo glad when tomorrow is done.

Quote Originally Posted by Saints Fan in A View Post
    We're hearing Bryan Colangelo and the Raptors are leaning towards Austin Rivers over Dion Waiters at 8.

https://twitter.com/nbadraftnet/stat...06500315484160
    Awesome. Would love to have Waiters at 10.

Banned
    the dude was raised by the nba. he aint going cakewalk it out

Monty is the only coach in the top 14 that I feel could control Rivers and break his habits. Monty doesn't lie and will put him in his place if he needs to. Rivers and his family knows this and is probably a big reason why they want New Orleans.

How about closing the forum until the draft is over?

Nah, just kidding..this place will be a mess anyway

Quote Originally Posted by Hornets78 View Post
    Dude is overrated as a prospect. He has talent, but he doesn't know how to apply it.
    Let's draft the talent, and let Monty teach him how to use it.

this, then we get to relax and watch our 2 stars try out for the olympics. Also get to see our guys interviewed, dress up in uniforms, etc..

No Speculation! Woooooooooooooooooo
    Formally known as WhoDatMan504

Rivers, PJ3 or Leonard for me. That is assuming, Lillard and Drummond are taken. I wish NBA 2K13 came out right after summer free agency died down.

On a permanent Holiday! Purple Haze's Avatar
    It's amazing how much steam the Rivers faithful have gathered lately. A lot of you are going to be sorely burned by him, at least in the first two years.

I just hope that that analysts prediction doesn't come true and he's not a still a trash talking strict bench warmer after his rookie contract is up.
    Wherehappens.

I would like to take a moment to acknowledge the fact that I am scheduled to work tomorrow night, seeing this thread really hit home the fact that this may be the most exciting draft in the New Orleans era of drafting for the Hornets (Chris Paul draft aside)..... Thank god for DVR!
    Saints, Pelicans, Tigers, Braves, and PS3 (NinthWardJay is the PSN)

Chad Ford on Rivers. This is why I don't want him.
    "However, here's my knock on Rivers. He thinks he's Kobe. He's not. He doesn't have the length, the height, nor the athletic ability. Take those things away from Kobe, and he's Ricky Davis — an irritating ball hog no one wants to play with and who isn't good enough to warrant the diva act."

Jeff Duncan ‏@JeffDuncanTP
    Monty Williams ID'd 2 qualities he'd like to add to the Hornets roster this offseason: length at the basket (AD) & offensive creativity.
    Jeff Duncan ‏@JeffDuncanTP
    Williams defined offensive creativity as the ability to create own shot, get to rim and/or get to FT line. Wants to add a compliment to EG.

As long as someone takes a shot I'm happy. Getting tired of our guys standing around and looking at each other until the shot clock runs down.

We should take him.

Look you take BPA and at 10 he might be it. We are going to be lottery bound next year, so why draft a center or pg this year when next year the draft will be center and pg heavy?
    If you Jimmer it, they will come.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. West View Post
    I love how every prospect mentions loving Monty and how several want to play here. It's a good time to be a Hornet fan.
    I think it is because how obvious it is that Monty puts his players into positions where they can succeed. He also lets them play through some mistakes while still being able to communicate what can be done to prevent themselves from making the same mistake again.

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk 2

On a permanent Holiday! Purple Haze's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Saints Fan in A View Post
    We're hearing Bryan Colangelo and the Raptors are leaning towards Austin Rivers over Dion Waiters at 8.

https://twitter.com/nbadraftnet/stat...06500315484160
    It's gone, uh oh

Quote Originally Posted by Nola3 View Post
    "However, here's my knock on Rivers. He thinks he's Kobe. He's not. He doesn't have the length, the height, nor the athletic ability. Take those things away from Kobe, and he's Ricky Davis — an irritating ball hog no one wants to play with and who isn't good enough to warrant the diva act."
    I don't know if the Ricky davis comparison is really accurate, that dude was selfish, and very immature with no clue on how to be a team player... I would think growing up in a NBA culture would at the very least give Rivers an idea of how to be a team player, and having a dad like Doc( who got KG to reign in his attitude some, and Rondo to buy in a lil) would have some kind of impact on his own son.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Nola3 View Post
    so what when you play ball you always think like that. nobody drives to the hole thinking he's pippen. your always jordan

Thread Information