2 16.67%
  • Pacers

10 83.33%

Thread: ROUND 2: Thunder vs Pacers

ROUND 2: Thunder vs Pacers

Rules reminder:
    -Vote for the team you think would win in a head to head game
    -Would prefer that you post and explain your vote a little bit
    -You can post a description in here about how you think your team matches up against your opponent
    -Feel free to discuss the matchups and argue all you want about who would win in the threads
    -You can vote for yourself

Oklahoma City Thunder

PG-Derrick Rose
    SG-Kevin Martin
    SF-Wilson Chandler
    PF-Amare Stoudamire
    C- Samuel Dalembert

Bench:
    6-Jarret Jack
    7-Anthony Randolph
    8-Enes Kanter
    9-Baron Davis
    10-Terrence Williams
    11-Andray Blatche
    12-Daniel Gibson

VS

Indiana Pacers

PG: Kyle Lowry/Jordan Farmar/John Lucas
    SG: Ray Allen/Daniel Green
    SF: Shawn Marion/Corey Maggette
    PF: Carlos Boozer/Antawn Jamison/Drew Gooden
    C: Dwight Howard/Boris Diaw/Drew Gooden
    Last edited by speedyG; 06-25-2012 at 01:18 AM.

Hmmm.......

Kevin Martin and Ray Allen cancel each other out. I think Rose is at least slowed by Lowry/Farmar, and the Thunder have no answer for Howard. Stoudmire is a terrible defender, and Dalembert is tough, but will be ineffective in that matchup. The Thunder will want to play at a much faster pace than the Pacers, and can probably hurt them in transition, but that won't be enough. The Indiana Pacers have a lot of defensive depth, as well as Allen willing and able to hang around behind the 3-point line when things get messy. The Howard/Boozer combo
    should be too much for OKC. Rose's game is mostly as a penetrator, which will be negated by Howard lurking around in the paint and Lowry's pesky defense. Pacers take this one.

Quote Originally Posted by sleepingbunch View Post
    Hmmm.......

Kevin Martin and Ray Allen cancel each other out. I think Rose is at least slowed by Lowry/Farmar, and the Thunder have no answer for Howard. Stoudmire is a terrible defender, and Dalembert is tough, but will be ineffective in that matchup. The Thunder will want to play at a much faster pace than the Pacers, and can probably hurt them in transition, but that won't be enough. The Indiana Pacers have a lot of defensive depth, as well as Allen willing and able to hang around behind the 3-point line when things get messy. The Howard/Boozer combo
    should be too much for OKC. Rose's game is mostly as a penetrator, which will be negated by Howard lurking around in the paint and Lowry's pesky defense. Pacers take this one.
    Pretty good breakdown. I think you nailed it when you talk about the distinct frontcourt advantage the Pacers have here. I'll go with the Pacers in a close one.

"I'm not going to allow my putative owner to answer that question, this is an NBA related press conference. Paul Tagliabue and Roger Goodell have collectively sung their praises of Tom and if uh ESPN has a problem with that tell Mr. Skipper to call me at my office."

Thread Information