VS

Orlando Magic

Pg: Steve Nash/Darren Collison/Jameer Nelson
    Sg: Manu Ginobili/Courtney Lee
    Sf: Nicolas Batum/Carlos Delfino
    Pf: Paul Millsap/Al Harrington
    C: Tim Duncan/Omer Asik/Mehmet Okur

Quote Originally Posted by BeeBall Reasons View Post
    This team has everything. I honestly can't think of a style of play that they wouldn't be successful at. Maybe isolation basketball, but that never really leads to winners anyway. Great 3 point shooters, defenders, passers, mix of youth and veterans, and role players. Really a team that meshes well together. Probably the most depth of any team not named the cavs. Doesn't need a guy to score 20 to win. Remove a player of your choice and I still think I could win a couple rounds. Only way I can see this team losing is if voters way overvalue ALL NBA star power.

Basically the spurs offense with great shooters and Pick and Roll. I'd start Lee and put him on Curry and Nash on Henderson with Manu coming off of the bench just like for the Spurs. Batum is one of the few players in the league with the length and quickness to guard Durant (not saying he would stop Durant). I have a monster advantage down low, I'd take advantage of that.

Magic for me, Durant and Curry is obviously a great scoring duo, and I think Favors could bother Millsap with his length, but they have no inside scoring and the Magic just have so many options
    Last edited by speedyG; 06-21-2012 at 06:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by rbow. View Post
    Magic for me, Durant and Curry is obviously a great scoring duo, and I think Favors could bother Millsap with his length, but they have no inside scoring and the Spurs just have so many options
    My thoughts exactly minus the Favors thing, Favors is a good down the road prospect but currently he's Millsap's backup for a reason.

I don't get the Warriors team. Its like they're playing for next season.

Emeka Okafor - Joe Smith - Carmelo Anthony - Manu Ginobili - Jason Williams

Al Jefferson - James Posey - Aaron McKie - Shaun Livingston

Spurs just have so many options
    easy mistake.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! Trell's Avatar
    Whoa! Great match up!

I'm going with Golden State because of the athleticism, also with Curry and Durant 3 point ability. Also they have great ball distributors in Vasquez and Maynor come off the bench!
    Lol, but I think this game will be won in OT, because the Magic are a great team!
    2013-1014 is the season the Pelicans fanbase grows!!!!

easy mistake.

lol whoops, I saw Duncan and Manu and you mentioned the Spurs

Quote Originally Posted by Trell View Post
    Whoa! Great match up!

I'm going with Golden State because of the athleticism, also with Curry and Durant 3 point ability. Also they have great ball distributors in Vasquez and Maynor come off the bench!
    Lol, but I think this game will be won in OT, because the Magic are a great team!
    It's a shame two top 6 teams had to play in round one
    my team actually has 3 40% three point shooters in the starting line up with 2 more off of the bench.

My thoughts exactly minus the Favors thing, Favors is a good down the road prospect but currently he's Millsap's backup for a reason.
    meh Favors is a really good defender and rebounder, and a good shot-blocking PF, hes just raw offensively

Quote Originally Posted by Hornets78 View Post
    I don't get the Warriors team. Its like they're playing for next season.
    my idea of a good team doesnt include former all pros that are going to retire in a year or two.. this team is my version of the thunder and will be great for many years

It's a shame two top 6 teams had to play in round one
    my team actually has 3 40% three point shooters in the starting line up with 2 more off of the bench.
    yes it is but i have a 6 great 3 point shooters also

meh Favors is a really good defender and rebounder, and a good shot-blocking PF, hes just raw offensively
    hes raw but last year showed great improvement.. im looking for him to be a 18 and 12 guy and hes one of the best defensive pfs in the league.. id take him over millaps every time

Magic for me, Durant and Curry is obviously a great scoring duo, and I think Favors could bother Millsap with his length, but they have no inside scoring and the Magic just have so many options
    with the right coach deandre could become good on the offensive end but i like his top 2 in the league shot blocking skills against duncans hook shots

Quote Originally Posted by bojangles837 View Post
    my idea of a good team doesnt include former all pros that are going to retire in a year or two.. this team is my version of the thunder and will be great for many years
    But this is only a one year league.

Quote Originally Posted by Hornets78 View Post
    But this is only a one year league.
    i know but i have a hard time following rules and i still love my team

Quote Originally Posted by bojangles837 View Post
    yes it is but i have a 6 great 3 point shooters also
    Budinger, Curry, Durant... and... Henderson good midrange not great from 3, Vasques might give you that one, Brown took open ones thanks to Nash still only 36%, shame he got injured still just ok at 35%,
    not a bad 3 point shooting team but not a remarkable one.

Budinger, Curry, Durant... and... Henderson good midrange not great from 3, Vasques might give you that one, Brown took open ones thanks to Nash still only 36%, shame he got injured still just ok at 35%,
    not a bad 3 point shooting team but not a remarkable one.
    durant,curry,budinger,brown,vasquez shot great from behind the arc last year.. i though, and i was gonna say 5 but threw maynor in there since hes around 36%... i shouldnt have said great but theyre not bad just like you said.. and yea henderson isnt a 3 point shooter, good midrange and top 10 defense for guards

Magic, and i really disagree the other team is top 6.

the warriors "gm" is an idiot, i have never seen a worse team in all of my life

Also, its paul millsap not millsaps

Quote Originally Posted by beesfan View Post
    Also, its paul millsap not millsaps
    who said millsaps?

who said millsaps?
    dont listen to him.. he thinks hes funnny

Thread Information