Pelicans Report

Thread: The Bobcats & Kings

Rumor The Bobcats & Kings

Whoever the Bobcats & Kings pick or trade will cause a Domino effect on draft night
    http://www.rantsports.com/courtcrusa...-james-harden/

http://www.sacbee.com/2012/06/12/455...works-out.html

If the Bobcats trade the #2 for Harder & OKC picks Robinson OKC will be scary.
    &
    If the Kings pick Henson on of the big 6 will fall and we could sale our pick to the Highest bidder and still walk way with Rivers & a big

Sell our pick to the highest bidder and still walk away w/ Rivers and a big?

Explain.

I'd rather have Harden than Gordon....
    Hornets fan since day 1.

If Branes or Beal falls to 7 that would mine everyone where looking @ would be there @ 10. We could trade with Houston for 14 & 16 then pick River @ 14 & a big @ 16.

I think Houston would pick Sullinger, Portland would like Zeller, The Bucks would take PJ3 or Lamb Then The Raptors after a trade with the Suns would pick the who is remaining out of PJ3 & Lamb

What makes people think harden is touchable (in bed)?!?

Quote Originally Posted by TBlaze View Post
    Sell our pick to the highest bidder and still walk away w/ Rivers and a big?

Explain.
    He's saying trade down because a team will pay a lot for a prospect that falls. Get a later pick and a player.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! Trell's Avatar
    Is there a chance we trade down to get Meyers Leonard and Rivers? Can someone think of a trade where that's possible?
    2013-1014 is the season the Pelicans fanbase grows!!!!

i don't see any way they trade Harden. they're in position to win so they'll lock up who they got and go full steam ahead without cap room

On a permanent Holiday! Purple Haze's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Trell View Post
    Is there a chance we trade down to get Meyers Leonard and Rivers? Can someone think of a trade where that's possible?
    If we could get Houston's picks, absolutely. But Leonard would have to drop, he's climbed boards fast after the combine. He'd have to last until 14.
    Wherehappens.

Quote Originally Posted by CP3nDX30 View Post
    i don't see any way they trade Harden. they're in position to win so they'll lock up who they got and go full steam ahead without cap room
    If only they could ... in two years they are supposed to go 25M over the cap if they sign both of them (or at the cap without signing any of them). With taxes, that would actually cost 45M ... in a small market that's just not an option.

And they still have role players that they have to sign afterwards too (Sefalosha, Cook ...).
    Harden will probably be a goner (mainly because Sefalosha has been so great this postseason and Cook is another scoring option on the bench while nobody really give them what Ibaka can bring them) and Perkins should get traded for salary relief at some point.
    The question is : will they try to grab a ring next season or get assets before Harden leaves.

Honestly, that trade idea makes sense. It's all about Sam Presty's vision of the future of the franchise.

Agree with the poster above. The trade actually makes sense. They can draft Beal to take Hardens place for the next 4-6 years, Ibaka can then be resigned, and OKC sustains a sufficient level of cap space to resign key role players. Charlotte gets a star to build the team around.

"I'm not going to allow my putative owner to answer that question, this is an NBA related press conference. Paul Tagliabue and Roger Goodell have collectively sung their praises of Tom and if uh ESPN has a problem with that tell Mr. Skipper to call me at my office."

Thread Information