Pelicans Report

Thread: Beal v Rivers

Beal v Rivers

Last year at this time, Rivers was the #1 G entering college. After one year, what makes Beal a better pro prospect than Rivers?

He has a much better build, is alot better on D and better playing off the ball
    Last edited by speedyG; 06-14-2012 at 07:52 PM.

Beal's 3 point shot and shooting form is great. But I guess let the teams 2-6 worry about that, they get the higher draft pick hopefully we get the better pro, lol. I do think Austin Rivers ceiling is higher than Beal.

I still think Rivers has higher offensive potential than Beal. But Beal is the better overall player at this point. I don't see Beal ever being that go-to player though.

Beal is young as hell to. He has just as much upside as Rivers, if not more.

Rivers can create his own shot better which is really important, but Beal does everything else better right now. Way more athletic, especially his overall build.

Emeka Okafor - Joe Smith - Carmelo Anthony - Manu Ginobili - Jason Williams

Al Jefferson - James Posey - Aaron McKie - Shaun Livingston

This really isn't a close comparison. I know a lot of you want it to be because we might get Rivers. But it's not that close.

Quote Originally Posted by Smirk View Post
    This really isn't a close comparison. I know a lot of you want it to be because we might get Rivers. But it's not that close.
    I'm not sure what you're trying to argue here. We agreed that Beal is the better overall player.

Just cutting people off at the pass.

The Voice of Reason Contributor RaisingTheBar's Avatar
    Going to be honest I have not watched that much of beal this season, is it THAT much of a difference? What does beal do better, I'm guessing defense from posters above.

Beal kind of played out of position this year and was also like a 4th option because he played with a bunch of upperclassman that hog the ball. Beal played alot of Small forward and it was tough for him to find his role until the end of the season where he really started to ball and he stock rose.

He's got a great frame. He played completely out of position in college. Plays good D. Has picture perfect form on his shot, although he does need to get it in at a higher rate (although he was being guarded by SFs). He's basically a Gordon clone, but slightly bigger.

He's got a great frame. He played completely out of position in college. Plays good D. Has picture perfect form on his shot, although he does need to get it in at a higher rate (although he was being guarded by SFs). He's basically a Gordon clone, but slightly bigger.
    So are you comparing the 2 with rivers as a sg?

Quote Originally Posted by RaisingTheBar View Post
    So are you comparing the 2 with rivers as a sg?
    Yes.

Quote Originally Posted by Hornets78 View Post
    Yes.
    Just making sure bc a lot of people on here want his as a point.

He looks like a cross between Dwayne Wade and Eric Gordon, so he wins. Who cares how he plays...

...we get to go McDonalds
    Gordon can create his own shot. Can Beal?

Thread Information