Pelicans Report

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: 2012 Olympic Team

Team USA 2012 Olympic Team

After just watching the dream team documentary on NBA TV (great btw), it got me hyped for this years Olympics. Obviously, there's problem no team that could live up to the dream team but they do have a really good team this year.

1a.) Which leads me to my first question: Do you think Eric Gordon will make the 12 man cut?

IMO, this is tricky because of the injury to Rose and D-Wade may want to take off for a long awaited break (pure speculation).

1b.) If he does make the roster, do YOU want him to play considering his injury history?

2.) who do you think will make the team?

The roster on the usabasketball.com page right now is:
    CP3
    Carmelo
    Chris Bosh
    Kobe Bryant
    Tyson Chandler
    Anthony Davis
    Kevin Durant
    Rudy Gay
    Eric Gordon
    Blake Griffin
    James Harden
    Andre Iguodala
    LeBron
    Kevin Love
    Lamar Odom
    D-Wade
    Russell Westbrook
    Deron Williams

I just wanted to hear you guys' thoughts and give a little change of scenery on the board. I have seen stuff about AD on the team but not much about EJ. We're also one of 3(?) teams with 2 or more players on the team!

Pretty nice future if you ask me

Odom is definitely out.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! Bee-Fense's Avatar
    CP3 - Westbrook
    Kobe - Wade - Harden
    LeBron - Iguodala
    Durant - Melo
    Chandler - Love - Davis

That'd be the team I'd roll out with honestly. I thought about either Bosh or Davis, but went with Davis because of the defense.

If either makes the team, I'd be happy for them. Players always improve and get to learn a lot from playing in the Olympics with talent and coaches like that. Would be fantastic for both, especially Davis.

Gaurds
    CP3 DWill Kobe Wade Westbrook
    Forwards
    Lebron Durant Melo Love Bosh
    Centers
    Chandler Davis

If Gordon makes the cut (doubt it), then he should play in my opinion, same for Davis.

Davis is a sure in at this point, who else can play quality D on centers other than Chandler.

Quote Originally Posted by Bee-Fense View Post
    CP3 - Westbrook
    Kobe - Wade - Harden
    LeBron - Iguodala
    Durant - Melo
    Chandler - Love - Davis

That'd be the team I'd roll out with honestly. I thought about either Bosh or Davis, but went with Davis because of the defense.

If either makes the team, I'd be happy for them. Players always improve and get to learn a lot from playing in the Olympics with talent and coaches like that. Would be fantastic for both, especially Davis.
    No way they throw only 3 natural bigs out there. One unproven.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! Bee-Fense's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BeeBall Reasons View Post
    They did for FIBA, and they did for 2008 too. It was Chandler/Love/Odom in FIBA and Howard/Bosh/Boozer in 2008. I don't see why they don't again. Durant, Melo, and LeBron are big enough to play the 4 overseas.

I think Gordon can make it. He played great in 2010, and he's probably the best shooter in the group. I can see him getting a Redd or Mike Miller role.

I thought Cousins was invited?

Don't see Gordon making it at all
    SIGN A SF

I don't think Wade is going to play because he may be injured. I think from that roster it's going be
    Guards- CP3, Deron Williams, Kobe
    Fowards- Lebron, Durant, Melo, and Griffin
    Center- Tyson Chandler, Love, and Davis

Quote Originally Posted by Bee-Fense View Post
    They did for FIBA, and they did for 2008 too. It was Chandler/Love/Odom in FIBA and Howard/Bosh/Boozer in 2008. I don't see why they don't again. Durant, Melo, and LeBron are big enough to play the 4 overseas.
    Again, all of those guys had played NBA games. Basically I'm saying I'd take another big over Igoudala.

FIBA is all about the 3 and quick guards. Due to the rule differences, bigs have even less impact than they do in the NBA. Though I believe they have done some work to try to make post play important again like getting rid of the trapezoid painted area and making it a normal rectangle.

Still, Not sure I want to risk Chandler getting injured and then having Love (not known for D) and an unproven Davis out there. Not saying Davis isn't great already just talking from the mind set of someone who would be picking a team.

get Gordon out of that list, the guy might get injured

Quote Originally Posted by Kibner View Post
    FIBA is all about the 3 and quick guards. Due to the rule differences, bigs have even less impact than they do in the NBA. Though I believe they have done some work to try to make post play important again like getting rid of the trapezoid painted area and making it a normal rectangle.
    Not about offense it's about protecting the rim.

the roster:
    CP3
    Carmelo
    Chris Bosh
    Kobe Bryant
    Tyson Chandler
    Kevin Durant
    Blake Griffin
    LeBron
    Kevin Love
    D-Wade
    Russell Westbrook
    Deron Williams

Quote Originally Posted by iNolaNightmare View Post
    We're also one of 3(?) teams with 2 or more players on the team!

Pretty nice future if you ask me
    Thunder, Heat, Clippers, Knicks, Hornets

Quote Originally Posted by aas3452 View Post
    the roster:
    CP3
    Carmelo
    Chris Bosh
    Kobe Bryant
    Tyson Chandler
    Kevin Durant
    Blake Griffin
    LeBron
    Kevin Love
    D-Wade
    Russell Westbrook
    Deron Williams
    Take off Williams and add on Davis, and I think you got it.

Not about offense it's about protecting the rim.
    Not so much in FIBA. They are changing the rules lately to make it less about jacking up 3s, though. I think they recently extended the 3pt line again. It is still shorter than the NBAs. Bosh and love are prototypical FIBA centers. Or, at least they were 2 and 4 years ago.

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk 2

Quote Originally Posted by nolaslim213 View Post
    Take off Williams and add on Davis, and I think you got it.
    I would say take off Wade. He's not healthy right now at all. He's had his knee scoped multiple times this season.

Quote Originally Posted by bradael View Post
    I would say take off Wade. He's not healthy right now at all. He's had his knee scoped multiple times this season.
    was about the say the same thing. I think Wade takes the offseason to rehab.

"I don't know if people know — I dislocated my pinkie finger. And [Tyreke] told me, 'You wanna go home or you wanna be here?' I want to be here. And he said, 'All right, then go tape it up and let's play. Let's go. We not stoppin' at no stores. Straight gas. That's what we do, just keep going.'"

http://thebasketbawlblog.com/

Blog Entries
    Just an FYI-- I'll be in Vegas covering Team USA trials as well as Summer League.
    audaci favet fortuna (Thanks, Harvey)- Fortune favors the bold.
    R.I.P. to HunnyB/FlyGirl
    Bourbon Street Shots
    Saints247
    @GerrityJoe

My Real Estate Brokerage--WeSellNola.com
    My Vape Stores-- Crescent City Vape

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Gerrity View Post
    Just an FYI-- I'll be in Vegas covering Team USA trials as well as Summer League.
    Where can I listen?

I only want Gordon playing if Davis is playing. That way the can start to develop some chemistry and bond.

Either way, I think it's some great exposure for the Hornets and will help both players grow. Gordon is still very young and it will do him some good to be around a bunch of winners.

Thread Information