Cedric Ceballos
    Day

for

Oyedeji
    Erick Strickland
    oakley
    Walt Williams
    2 1st picks (01,03) Unprotected

This has been placed in the trade checker and passed. Awaiting PrepP's confirmation

"I don't know if people know — I dislocated my pinkie finger. And [Tyreke] told me, 'You wanna go home or you wanna be here?' I want to be here. And he said, 'All right, then go tape it up and let's play. Let's go. We not stoppin' at no stores. Straight gas. That's what we do, just keep going.'"

http://thebasketbawlblog.com/

Great trade for the Lakers!

Max Contract Contributor AD23forMVP's Avatar
    Lakers can only include a maximum of 5 players + picks.

Can you do the trade with just the ayers. Then another one with my pics for one of
    His second rounders assuming prep doesn't care).

Quote Originally Posted by BallSoHard View Post
    Can you do the trade with just the ayers. Then another one with my pics for one of
    His second rounders assuming prep doesn't care).
    Yeah that's cool, I forgot to mention the 5 player/pick maximum (could have sworn I did but went back and couldn't find anything).

Just awaiting confirmation from PrepP on the players and picks thing.

No worries. If he doesnt come in before the sim can we trigger the trade and deal with the changes on whatever he prefers?

I have work tomorrow morning so the sim won't be until probably 2PM at the earliest, so no worries.

Make sure to update this, pm him if you need too.

PM'd him.

Geaux Hornets! Contributor PrepP's Avatar
    I do NOT agree to the reformatted trade now that this rule has been brought up.

I have PM'd BallSoHard but feel like i should apologize in the forum also.

Absurd.

This is the Truth behind you pulling out. I'm sorry but I think the truth needs to be heard:
    PrepP
    you are going to hate me for this. but im getting cold feet today. i checked my inbox this morning and im still getting good offers on odom. i like our deal but i feel like i may have jumped the gun and this 5 player max rule may have saved me. im looking to deal players just to deal them but i should probably slow down bc its a long season. im really sorry dude bc im not the type of person to back out on my word but i really think i should just slow it down and take more time instead of jumping at trades just for the sake of change.

again man. i really do apologize. you can blast me in the forums or whatever. i deserve it. hopefully no hard feelings, but i wouldn't blame you if you did. sorry

It's pretty clear you saw a better deal after agreeing on a deal. I'm not trying to blast you but I think you need to be truthful in that it wasnt the new terms. IMO the trade should stand.
    Last edited by BallSoHard; 06-12-2012 at 10:52 AM.

Jimeert Freedet 4 Prez IamQuailman's Avatar
    Not really seeing how the players/picks thing would be an issue (essentially just making the same trade broken up over two trades). Pretty crappy for backing out though after it was agreed upon.

That's cool BallSoHard. I'm not gonna bad mouth you or nothing. I'm an honest person and I'll admit that it looks like I'm pulling out because I got a better offer but that is just not true. I do feel however that I rushed into making a trade when I should have been more patient and let the trade sit for a while before deciding to do it. Bad judgement on my part.Bottom line is that there is a rule that neither of us knew about that makes it an "illegal" transaction due to more than 5 players/picks being involved. Because the trade is now "illegal" and we would essentially have to agree to two new trades , I now would like to take some more time before agreeing or disagreeing to it. I should have taken the time to word that PM better and explain my stance better.

It's not that I have a better offer than yours and I am backing out. I did agree to the trade at first. Now that it is deemed illegal by the commissioner of the league, I'd like to do what I should have done before agreeing to the trade and take more time to make a decision on whatever offers i get. Again I understand your stance and why you would be pissed and want to put me on blast. But if the rule says our original trade is illegal then it can't go through anyway. So now instead of restructuring the deal and agreeing to it, I would like to be more patient before deciding on it like I should have been before.

I get it that you won't see this from my perspective and I get it that your buddy will defend your stance. It is always a problem when the rules aren't stated beforehand, it just so happens that the rule in place now gives me the option of not agreeing to a revised trade and not making a rushed decision like I made originally.

And so the lakers clippers rivalry begins

Quote Originally Posted by BeeBall Reasons View Post
    And so the lakers clippers rivalry begins
    Great Post. you win

If you fellas are able to come to a different agreement make another thread for it.

Thread Information