Pelicans Report

Thread: Number 1 pick

Draft Number 1 pick

I know we should pick Anthony Davis with the first pick but do u think there is a chance the Hornets may go in another direction and select MKG with the first pick, im startn to get a little worried im just hoping the draft hurries up. Just like a lot of hornets fans i want the draft to hurry up and get Davis in a Hornets uni asap

On a permanent Holiday! Purple Haze's Avatar
    Don't worry, no one can steal him out from under us.

They'll 100% draft Davis. You can't predict much these days but this I can be sure of.
    Wherehappens.

Max Contract Contributor AD23forMVP's Avatar
    The Hornets already know who the pick is, Monty had to backtrack after saying "Anth" or "Da" a few times in interviews.

I wrote this about you Mr. West's Avatar
    Don't let dummies affect your mind, man. The hard part is getting the pick; making the pick is the easy part
    @DanielVeuleman

Quote Originally Posted by trigga View Post
    I know we should pick Anthony Davis with the first pick but do u think there is a chance the Hornets may go in another direction and select MKG with the first pick, im startn to get a little worried im just hoping the draft hurries up. Just like a lot of hornets fans i want the draft to hurry up and get Davis in a Hornets uni asap
    We're all set with the drafts only franchise star. Don't over think. This is happening !

"I don't know if people know — I dislocated my pinkie finger. And [Tyreke] told me, 'You wanna go home or you wanna be here?' I want to be here. And he said, 'All right, then go tape it up and let's play. Let's go. We not stoppin' at no stores. Straight gas. That's what we do, just keep going.'"

http://thebasketbawlblog.com/

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! Trell's Avatar
    The only chance that Hornets don't draft Davis, is if he openly come out and say he don't want to be here. And that's very unlikely!
    2013-1014 is the season the Pelicans fanbase grows!!!!

And we'd still take him

I cant lie i been a little nervous too. I guess because as a hornets fan, im not really used to good news or a number 1 pick lol but i agree with t/s the draft needs to hurry up so we can make this offical!!!
    CAW CAW!!!

-Founder and valuable member of the Caw Caw Boyz-

I had dreams of landing the #1 pick leading up to the lottery. Now I have nightmares of us making a dumb decision and drafting Drummond or any other prospect #1 over Davis...

Quote Originally Posted by Inner_GI View Post
    I had dreams of landing the #1 pick leading up to the lottery. Now I have nightmares of us making a dumb decision and drafting Drummond or any other prospect #1 over Davis...
    Don't bring that bad juju in here!

Right. I've been having that same feeling, but I don't think the front office would do that to the fans. They know how important this is to us

I wrote this about you Mr. West's Avatar
    Davis has already proven to be a cash cow with all the people going for season tickets. So unless the organization hates making money, we wont draft anybody else.

the night before the lotto i dreamed we landed the 1 pickqand 10thand we took davis and lillard

Quote Originally Posted by HornetGuru View Post
    the night before the lotto i dreamed we landed the 1 pickqand 10thand we took davis and lillard
    Bless this man!

Quote Originally Posted by Hornetnojersey View Post
    Right. I've been having that same feeling, but I don't think the front office would do that to the fans. They know how important this is to us
    Remember the front office wants to keep their job as well. We're taking Davis

Quote Originally Posted by trigga View Post

Seriously?

You don't follow my Twitter, I lead yours.

https://twitter.com/#!/onpointlikecp3

Humor is reason gone mad Savagetaint's Avatar
    There is no way the Hornets pass on Davis for anyone else. He is the perfect player to fit Monty's system...No matter what Scoop Jackson believes!
    Always remember you're unique, just like everyone else.

This will be one of the easiest 1st round picks in the history of the NBA. No brainer.

Thumbs Down! Thumbs Down! Thumbs Down!

Jeff Bower isnt GM anymore. We're taking Davis.

Vote Voodoo! Contributor Unknown Poster's Avatar
    "Hornets means nothing." - Tom Benson

^ That sounds like two pickles being rubbed together

The Voice of Reason Contributor RaisingTheBar's Avatar
    There is no way in hell the hornets take mkg over Davis.

The Voice of Reason Contributor RaisingTheBar's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by daybreaker View Post
    Jeff Bower isnt GM anymore. We're taking Davis.
    I honestly don't think even he could mess this up.

Thread Information