Pelicans Report

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: The case for a Davis-Sullinger frontcourt

Band of Skulls & Neon Trees ramsters60's Avatar
    I enjoy the point guard chatter and the difference in styles at that position (Lillard vs. Marshall for instance), but put a gun to my head and I think we will go larger at #10 if the "right" guy is still there (if we keep the pick, of course) ....I would think that Sullinger and P. Jones would both be under serious consideration (I sense someone will take a shot at Drummond before #10, and I wouldn't be shocked if guys like T. Ross or R. White might enter the picture if we moved back).
    "we might make dollars, but we don't necessarily make sense"

"always be sincere....whether you mean it or not"

Even more than offensively, defensively it's going to be important for Davis to play with someone who can play iso defense against big strong guys at first. His only defensive weakness is his size and strength, so it's important for us to minimize the amount he's in iso against guys who can bully him. That's why it doesn't make much sense to pair him with Henson to me. Both guys have the same body type, need to occupy the same area of he floor, are offensively limited in similar ways, have the same defensive issues... they don't make sense on the floor together. One guy just does those things way better and looks like he has the raw materials on offense, the other doesn't. I do think Okafor is a pretty good match for him defensively, so unless we add another frontcourt player, I'd be happy to let him expire and spend free agency $ when it makes sense to do so.

Thread Information