Pelicans Report

Thread: Terrance Ross vs. Jeremy Lamb/ from a hornet's perspective

Terrance Ross vs. Jeremy Lamb/ from a hornet's perspective

Their stats were similar

Ross 16.4 ppg 6.4 reb 1.4 asts 1.3 stls .9 blks
    Lamb 17.7 ppg 4.9 reb 1.7 asts 1.2 stls .6 blks

Hmmmmmm.

lamb played 6 more minutes a game than ross did, hence let's look at it per 40

ross 21.1 ppg 8.3 reb 1.8 asts 1.6 stls 1.2 blks
    lamb 19.1 ppg 5.2 reb 1.8 asts 1.3 stls .07 blks

Advantage Ross

Obviously, it appears like I am trying to justify my preference for Ross. I am.

Teams may prefer lamb because of his abilities to create shots; but Monty doesn't currently have the two qualities he wants in any of our wings (either the 2 or the 3).....
    1. The being length/athleticism/attitude needed to being a suffocating defender who can play team defense
    2 a guy that can put it in the hole

Aminu and Ariza aren't the ideal shooters, and Ariza makes mullah
    xavier Henry isn't a solid shooter either.
    Belli can put it in the hole and play team defense, but can't hold his own individually'

Gordon can do it all, but 1 he is better WITH the ball. he plays good D but his size/length prohibits him from guarding many premier players efficiently, AND his energy is most needed to carry the offense

I think Ross would be ideal in a rotation at the 2 and 3.

Plus, lamb has all the tools to be a great defender. But he isn't nearly as good of one now.

On Ross
    "
    being a real terror both on and off the ball. Ross' size and athleticism allow him to be a superb defender in isolation, and he's combined those tools with the aggressiveness needed this season. He plays right up into his man and moves his feet well to stay in front, but his excellent recovery speed allows him to frequently extend himself and still get back in time, making him a very disruptive force.
    Ross shows similar ability defending his man off the ball, sticking with him all over the floor through screens and taking full advantage of his physical tools. He's a good team defender and really puts in the work on this end of the floor overall, something that coaches will surely find attractive when they start evaluating prospects

From DraftExpress.com http://www.draftexpress.com#ixzz1x0qnnxft
    http://www.draftexpress.com

If it was between lamb or ross, deffs ross.
    Ross can play the two or 3, unlike lamb whos a pure 2.

Love the thread! I like both of them because they can be efficient without the ball and they showed a nice potential as catch and shoot players. The versatility and the bulk of Ross puts him above Lamb to me, but Lamb seems to be the better shooter.
    They definitely fit Monty's description!
    "I go so hard, I go so mean... I'm so NEW ORLEANS" - Lil' Wayne
    "We not stopping at no stores man ! We staying on the gas !" - Tyreke Evans

Since we can't get Barnes, it will be interesting to see Gordon playing the 2 and Ross the 3. I think it should work! Do you see one of them growing into a star?

Quote Originally Posted by Russy View Post
    Since we can't get Barnes, it will be interesting to see Gordon playing the 2 and Ross the 3. I think it should work! Do you see one of them growing into a star?
    Yeah, Gordon.

On a permanent Holiday! Purple Haze's Avatar
    I would do a backflip if we could get Ross with the 14th pick or so on a trade down.
    Wherehappens.

Quote Originally Posted by Purple Haze View Post
    I would do a backflip if we could get Ross with the 14th pick or so on a trade down.
    You mean at 10 right? Lol

He said on a trade down.

"I don't know if people know — I dislocated my pinkie finger. And [Tyreke] told me, 'You wanna go home or you wanna be here?' I want to be here. And he said, 'All right, then go tape it up and let's play. Let's go. We not stoppin' at no stores. Straight gas. That's what we do, just keep going.'"

http://thebasketbawlblog.com/

Quote Originally Posted by BallSoHard View Post
    He said on a trade down.
    I know but he posted "at 10" in another trade because Haze has watched a Ross video! ^^

Sorry another "thread"*

You mean at 10 right? Lol
    No I mean at 14 if we could somehow trade down with Houston. They have the 14th and 16th picks. Ross and perhaps a big like Zeller or T.Jones, maybe Moultrie.

I know but he posted "at 10" in another trade because Haze has watched a Ross video! ^^
    Just messin around, he looks damn good in that video though.

Quote Originally Posted by Purple Haze View Post
    If we somehow convince Houston to go for it, and get 14 and 16... and land a combination of Sully/Zeller/Ross/JonesIII/Leonard/Marshall ... yeah... I wouldn't be mad bro.

Problem is... after 5.. it's really kinda hard to speculate who's going where. Except that Warriors are looking to trade and that Detroit wants to go BIG.

Yeah he looks really good ! I'm just glad not being a GM and have to make that decision. Speculations are funnier !

I have Ross higher and he would be a better fit compared to any other wing player outside of MKG, Barnes, and Beal.

Rather draft him over Rivers, PJ, Lamb, Marshall, and Waiters for sure.

Have him behind Sully. Really, he's on par for me with Leonard, Lillard, and TJones.

Emeka Okafor - Joe Smith - Carmelo Anthony - Manu Ginobili - Jason Williams

Al Jefferson - James Posey - Aaron McKie - Shaun Livingston

Quote Originally Posted by Hornets78 View Post
    I have Ross higher and he would be a better fit compared to any other wing player outside of MKG, Barnes, and Beal.

Rather draft him over Rivers, PJ, Lamb, Marshall, and Waiters for sure.

Have him behind Sully. Really, he's on par for me with Leonard, Lillard, and TJones.
    Who doyou have first per the Hornets for Lillard Leonard or T Jones? I prefer Leonard Think having Mek in front of him for two years would be the perfect situation for him and for us. I'm not sold on Lillard at all, and T Jones I feel eh about.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Really do not see the need to trade down, especially if it risks us missing out on Ross. The risk/gain is just eh....
    looking for team to bandwagon, pls help

I prefer Lamb.

I think he becomes a more efficient scorer, and he has greater defensive potential.

If Gordon resigns, getting a pure SG or SF is redundant unless he is a scorer. But if you are drafting a scorer, why not get a combo guard that play PG(position of need), be a back up SG(position that may be in need) and be a scorer? You can get all those things in two players, Waiters and Rivers. Rivers would be my choice because he has more upside and I beilive he will be an allstar in 2-3 years.

Quote Originally Posted by dcoop View Post
    Really do not see the need to trade down, especially if it risks us missing out on Ross. The risk/gain is just eh....
    You don't see the benefit in gaining Terrence Jones or Royce White or Rivers?

Jeremy felt he had the luxury of skipping the combine today but he's working out tomorrow. Was pretty nonchalant about it too. Hell if Perry Jones is working out then he should have in my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Coughka View Post
    I prefer Lamb.

I think he becomes a more efficient scorer, and he has greater defensive potential.
    I feel like Ross has a greater defensive potential.

Thread Information