Pelicans Report

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: How did you do your draft

Since the drafts over, I'm finally willing to post here lol

Hard to pick an awesome player with the 25th pick, but ended up with Elton Brand (very happy with), and basically wanted to get a great SG or PG to go with him or pair him with a dominant young center to have a great front court for a few years, HOWEVER Antawn Jamison was still there and was a top ten scorer back then and just kinda filled it after that with some youth to come off the bench (Michael Redd, Bruno Sundov, and Eddie Robinson), and drafted (or auto picked Rodney Rogers...) some vets to come in and start (Marc Jackson, Damon Stoudamire, and Rogers). Overall pretty happy with the way it turned out, hopefully it works

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! wuggie's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BallSoHard View Post
    Oh I know, Your team rating shows that. Kidding =p
    Do we have team ratings already?

R.I.P. to HunnyB/FlyGirl

I am interested in getting this thing started. Wanna see if this team looks better than it does on paper.

I too wanted McCarty and I think you got him about 2 picks before me. After Webber i kind of tried to target guys in their prime (mid to late 20s) and go for a win now mode for next 3 years or so. And ended up with a rookie Pryzbilla and rookie Eddie house as my only young guys. I also tried to focus on defense and always seemed to change my mind when my pick came up.

I changed the ratings from alphabetical to numerical. (Example A+=1, A=2, A-=3, B+=4, ect.) Summed up everyone ratings and that's what my board looked like. I reached a few times to get some younger guys but basically went BPA on my board the rest of the way.

Only pick I made out of the ordinary was Magloire because the center position is by far the weakest position the next 10 years and he is already a top 10 center who is 22 years old. If I can keep him long term he should stay top 10 to the end of the Simulation.

I did something like this too. Had an excel file with all the players. Tim Duncan had 100 points, Kobe 99 etc.. Tried to go BPA + youth over veterans.

Thread Information