Pelicans Report

Thread: How the league will work

Max Contract Contributor AD23forMVP's Avatar

How the league will work

Alright guys I'm just going to take some time to explain whatever pops into my head, feel free to ask any questions because I'm just kind of typing freely here.

POINT SYSTEM:
    As of 6:36 we only have seven bank threads of 28 possible. As I've said, this isn't mandatory to set up but I would advice that you did. Just put "Current: 0" in the first post and use the first post to keep your points updated. Your bank is YOUR responsibility to keep updated, I will not do it for you. For example, if Kobe scores 50 points in a game, it is slims responsibility to link me to the box score of the game and put something like "Kobe: 50 points - 1 point" or something like that. Make sure this is all in new posts. And again, make sure you update your original post after. Check out the claims thread to see what you can claim. You CAN use points in trades, but if you try to trade more points than your original post says you have there will be a fine (size is my choice), more than likely a loss of points. You are not allowed to trade more than 10 points in a single trade. For an example of a bank thread, click the link below:

http://www.sportzin.com/forums/index...howtopic=66143

DEPTH CHARTS:
    Once the season starts, EVERYONE must submit a depth chart under the format I posted in the roster management forum. After the first sim, you can change your depth chart as you wish, but all changes must be either bolded or highlighted. If nothing is bolded or highlighted (and you made a change) I will just assume nothing was changed and I will keep with your previous depth chart, again that is your responsibility to bold or highlight all changes in your depth chart. If you have no changes, just post "same." Tanking is NOT allowed. How will I know you are tanking? If Kobe Bryant is healthy and isn't a starter on your team, that is tanking. Also, it is completely up to me who will be allowed to be inactive on your depth charts. You are not allowed to put a good player that is healthy on your inactive (IR) list.

POSITION CHANGES:
    Again, your responsibility. Feel free to put your center at point guard, or your point guard at center in the depth chart. But if you want to switch a players position, which can slightly impact their ratings, just post "Hornets change" as the thread title and then something like "Kevin Garnett: SF ----> PF." And I will change it for you in the game.

SIM RESULTS:
    We will likely sim every other day. I will not post a time, because I don't want to say I'll sim at 2:00 and then have something come up and have people complain or waiting around until 9:00 when I finally get the chance. So post your depth charts asap. If you don't have a depth chart submitted when I sim, that is tough luck I guess, I cannot edit sims. So again, get your depth chart in asap, don't hold off. If you see me post the thread for that sim, post your dc. The sim results sometimes take a while to upload, so be patient with the index. If it isn't working, take a break for 10 minutes and then come back. If it still isn't working, take another 10 minute break.

TRADING BLOCK:
    Everyone needs to post a trade block for your team. So far we only have three of a possible 28. How you want to list your roster inside your trading block is completely up to you, just make sure you have your players and ratings. If you want to make it look nice, that's cool, if you just want to copy and paste that's cool too. Feel free to color code players that are untouchable, hard to get, easy to get, or players you actually have on the block. These threads help communication. Trade discussions can take place via pm, but they can also take place in these threads. For a idea of what a trade block should act like, click the link below:

http://www.sportzin.com/forums/index...howtopic=59295

FINALIZED TRADES/TRANSACTIONS:
    EVERY trade that is made in this league needs to be posted in this forum. You can't just say "we accept this trade" in your trade thread. It HAS to be posted in this forum. For the thread, just like the two teams "Hornets/Kings" or "CHA/SAC." Doesn't matter which, just make sure the two teams are listed. Both GM's have to accept the trade in that thread! It will not be processed until both GM's accept it in that thread. Make sure to use the trade checker that I posted in that forum before you post a trade, because there is a chance it will not work cap wise. To use the trade checker, don't use any commas. If you don't have any cap room, just put 0.

LEAGUE CHECK IN:
    League check in's will probably be held three times a season. At the beginning of the year, during the all-star sim, and at the end. If you fail to check in (there will be a thread), you are out. Unless you have a history of being a active member in the sim league, then a exception will probably be made.

COMPETITIVENESS:
    I've already told a few GM's, be prepared for how competitive this game gets. We all want to have the best team, and arguments are going to happen. I'm a better GM than you, you are a terrible GM, you only won a ring because someone handed you this elite player, your team stinks, you overvalue all your players, etc etc etc. That's only a few that I've heard. Rivalries will be formed, some because two posters are about as good of friends that internet strangers can be and just want to beat each other, and some because two posters don't like each other. I welcome these things, but don't get personal. Don't start name calling or anything like that, don't start accusing people of things, etc. That's not cool, remember...this is all supposed to be fun.

SUPER TEAMS:
    I've already seen a few people say they liked having a salary cap because it means no super teams. That's not the case. I can't say why, because I don't know why, but people get worked up over silly things, and that leads them to do silly things. I've literally seen a guy be unhappy with his team so he gutted the entire roster and traded his good players for garbage. Like 2nd round picks and guys that barely play. This is a outcry from me, be smart with your team. Don't just run wild. Also, if someone proposes a trade, don't be afraid to say no. I don't know why, but some people are afraid to tell people they don't want to do a trade and then you end up having a lopsided trade. If you tell the guy you don't want to do the trade, and he keeps trying to talk you into it, just ignore him.
    Last edited by AD23forMVP; 05-18-2012 at 07:33 PM.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! Trell's Avatar
    What about people who never gets online?
    2013-1014 is the season the Pelicans fanbase grows!!!!

The first sim is kind of like a "unofficial" league check in. If you don't post your depth chart for the first sim that's probably a sign that you won't be active, so your out.

I'm also contemplating making a rule that kind of goes off of the two round rule we already have. If you miss your pick in two consecutive rounds, you are on autoselect until you check in. If you miss another round following that (or two) you are out.
    Last edited by AD23forMVP; 05-18-2012 at 07:35 PM.

How do contracts work? Do all of the players drafted have 4 year rookie contracts?

Quote Originally Posted by BeeBall Reasons View Post
    How do contracts work? Do all of the players drafted have 4 year rookie contracts?
    It appears that way so far. I may decide to edit some contracts (maybe all first rounders)?

I'm not really fond of having every player become a FA after four years lol

Or, maybe a better idea. Instead of editing all the salaries, I can just go in and edit the years?

so, the incoming rookies will be the 2001 draft class?

Yes sir, the Kwame year.

i was about to say that, LOL

so lemme get this straight, the careers of these players/rookies will not be based on their actual careers? in these league Kwame may actually have a chance at becoming a good NBA player?

Quote Originally Posted by janjanjanjan3 View Post
    i was about to say that, LOL

so lemme get this straight, the careers of these players/rookies will not be based on their actual careers? in these league Kwame may actually have a chance at becoming a good NBA player?
    It mostly depends on the draft file I guess, which I haven't downloaded yet.

Ok, what about the current players? Will their actual/real careers be the basis of their progress? I should've asked this first before I traded kobe(2nd team all-nba guard with a lot of potential) for jason kidd(1st team all-nba, league leader in assists, just27, triple double machine and a proven leader)

I mean I can't give you a definite answer, but I will say from my experiences that a player in the game is similar to what they are in real life.

Ok more questions, so gilbert arenas who was picked in the second round and became better than most of the guys picked before him, should be drafted I'm the top 10 in this coming rookie draft?

Depends on the rookie file, we'll know more after the season.

Just a quick depth chart question. Is fatigue something that can be simmed? So is it better off trying to keep players fresh and have a normal 1 - 2 - 3 depth chart? Or is it something you'll just kind of have to find out after the first 2 weeks.

Quote Originally Posted by HornetsFaninKY View Post
    Just a quick depth chart question. Is fatigue something that can be simmed? So is it better off trying to keep players fresh and have a normal 1 - 2 - 3 depth chart? Or is it something you'll just kind of have to find out after the first 2 weeks.
    From people that have much more experience than I do, they say players do get fatigued if you play them too many minutes. I don't know of anyway to actually tell the player is getting tired though. If his fouls start going up I guess is one way.

I just ask because I see some depth charts where basically the starters are also backups at either their own position or someone elses. So it appears that they will basically be on the court at all times. I just don't want to have backups going against starters when it doesn't really matter about playing time, fatigue, etc...

Jimeert Freedet 4 Prez IamQuailman's Avatar
    I submitted my position changes and it was processed. But will they be reflected on the roster? I.E. I'm switching SJax from SF to SG, but on my roster it still lists him as SF. Same with Etan THomas from C to PF. Just curious

They will, I just haven't updated yet.

I will at some time today and then it will show up.

Also, for the deadline for putting in Depth Charts, can we just have a time deadline (like before 2pm) or something like that so we know when to put them in before you sim?

Have them in before 9AM.

Thanks! Perfect!

Thread Information