Pelicans Report

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Sports Illustrated: Behind the Scenes with Michael Kidd-Gilchrist

MKG is my favorite prospect...If T Rob or Davis are not available I hope he's the choice.

It would be a mistake to draft Robinson at number 2 just because PF is a need.

Emeka Okafor - Joe Smith - Carmelo Anthony - Manu Ginobili - Jason Williams

Al Jefferson - James Posey - Aaron McKie - Shaun Livingston

Quote Originally Posted by Hornets78 View Post
    It would be a mistake to draft Robinson at number 2 just because PF is a need.
    Why no love for robinson...the only slight I would have with his selection is if he turns out to be shorter than 6'10

Quote Originally Posted by glepurple View Post
    Why no love for robinson...the only slight I would have with his selection is if he turns out to be shorter than 6'10
    He lacks the skillset

Quote Originally Posted by thefuture View Post
    He lacks the skillset
    Im sorry but I'm going to have to disagree. T rob is the best pf leaving college. He can hit the permitter shot and has a better post game than any prospect at the moment. I don't see any of the other pf's being better than him (Excluding any foreign players because I know of none). Like I said if he is a legit 6'10...I'd pick him in an heartbeat excluding the chance to draft davis.

Im sorry but I'm going to have to disagree. T rob is the best pf leaving college. He can hit the permitter shot and has a better post game than any prospect at the moment. I don't see any of the other pf's being better than him (Excluding any foreign players because I know of none). Like I said if he is a legit 6'10...I'd pick him in an heartbeat excluding the chance to draft davis.
    T-Rob's post game is not even close to being the best at his position. He's an athletic body who can rebound and hit an open jumper. That pretty much sums him up.

T-Rob's post game is not even close to being the best at his position. He's an athletic body who can rebound and hit an open jumper. That pretty much sums him up.
    I'm all about production...he played better than any pf prospect this season and throughout the tournament. I don't see any other pf prospect being a better fit for the hornets. Sullinger was routinely bothered by larger players this year...besides sully no other pf prospect deserves to be picked before t rob. So whom should the hornets take if davis is gone and t rob is still there?

I'm all about production...he played better than any pf prospect this season and throughout the tournament. I don't see any other pf prospect being a better fit for the hornets. Sullinger was routinely bothered by larger players this year...besides sully no other pf prospect deserves to be picked before t rob. So whom should the hornets take if davis is gone and t rob is still there?
    Sullinger had just as good of a season as Robinson. He had to play center for OSU since they didn't have any other bigs on their team. Withey did alot for Kansas as well, especially defensively. Plus, how many big guys did Robinson go up against and dominate?

The team is only set long-term at SG. No other position is set. They could use a center, SF, PF, and PG.

MKG

I agree MKG as well. I like Sully as the 2nd best prospect, but he won't be picked in the top 5 so he would be a reach at number two. MKG would be my guy at number two. Beal is the next best prospect after that.

Sullinger had just as good of a season as Robinson. He had to play center for OSU since they didn't have any other bigs on their team. Withey did alot for Kansas as well, especially defensively. Plus, how many big guys did Robinson go up against and dominate?

The team is only set long-term at SG. No other position is set. They could use a center, SF, PF, and PG.

I agree about other needs...but no pg deserves consideration if we get a top 5 pick. Also sullinger struggled mightily in the tournament. Dude is nothing more than a slight upgrade over carl landry. Sullinger has a suspect post game, his rebounding tailed off this year, struggles to finish over taller defenders, and he showed no progress this year despite the weight loss. Also i have no problems taking mkg(favorite player of the draft besides Davis)...but i rather a post presence hence we already have ariza to defend and eric gordon at sg. So that leaves t rob, sully, or drummond. Or you could roll the dice on barnes and get some extra scoring. But T rob is my favorite for where we are slotted. A talented big man will only do wonders for the team and give us an inside out presence.

Wait, are you saying better than A Davis?

"I don't know if people know — I dislocated my pinkie finger. And [Tyreke] told me, 'You wanna go home or you wanna be here?' I want to be here. And he said, 'All right, then go tape it up and let's play. Let's go. We not stoppin' at no stores. Straight gas. That's what we do, just keep going.'"

http://thebasketbawlblog.com/

I agree MKG as well. I like Sully as the 2nd best prospect, but he won't be picked in the top 5 so he would be a reach at number two. MKG would be my guy at number two. Beal is the next best prospect after that.
    Drummond Sully would be something i'd be happy about.

Quote Originally Posted by BallSoHard View Post
    Wait, are you saying better than A Davis?
    No I'm saying if we don't get the number one pick hence no davis...we should select trob if available in the top 5.

I agree about other needs...but no pg deserves consideration if we get a top 5 pick. Also sullinger struggled mightily in the tournament. Dude is nothing more than a slight upgrade over carl landry. Sullinger has a suspect post game, his rebounding tailed off this year, struggles to finish over taller defenders, and he showed no progress this year despite the weight loss. Also i have no problems taking mkg(favorite player of the draft besides Davis)...but i rather a post presence hence we already have ariza to defend and eric gordon at sg. So that leaves t rob, sully, or drummond. Or you could roll the dice on barnes and get some extra scoring. But T rob is my favorite for where we are slotted. A talented big man will only do wonders for the team and give us an inside out presence.
    You don't know what you're talking. Sully only had one bad game against Kansas in the Final Four. That's nonsense saying he had a bad tournament. He's the reason Ohio St got to the Final Four. Sully's post game is way ahead of Robinson's. Its obvious you don't watch any of the games. Look at his numbers. He had a really strong season. It was as good as Robinson's if not better. Sully only averaged one less rebound per game this season. Again, how did Robinson do against taller defenders?

You don't know what you're talking. Sully only had one bad game against Kansas in the Final Four. That's nonsense saying he had a bad tournament. He's the reason Ohio St got to the Final Four. Sully's post game is way ahead of Robinson's. Its obvious you don't watch any of the games. Look at his numbers. He had a really strong season. It was as good as Robinson's if not better. Sully only averaged one less rebound per game this season. Again, how did Robinson do against taller defenders?
    Sullivan got it took to him twice against kansas. He was outplayed by robinson and out rebounded by a smaller player. Sorry I stand corrected as far as the struggles in the tournament. I thought they played michigan state in the tournament as well as kansas. But he was constantly frustrated by their d and looked lost when he played michigan state. Which often ended up in rushed shots and poor fouls. My main slight against sullinger is his lack of height and athleticism. Usually players like that don't end up being game changers. T rob shows better potential as far as that goes.

You do realize Kansas was doubling Sullinger in the post the whole game, right?

I was disapointed he settled for deep 2's and threes in that game though. I think Sully has the most developed offensive game for a big man in the draft. I worry he doesn't stay conditioned or never gets conditioned, but he's a ball player. Good size, and is not Tractor Trailor. reminds me of Zach Randolph to be comepletely honest.

http://www2.kusports.com/news/2012/a...ffs-sullinger/

Sullivan got it took to him twice against kansas. He was outplayed by robinson and out rebounded by a smaller player. Sorry I stand corrected as far as the struggles in the tournament. I thought they played michigan state in the tournament as well as kansas. But he was constantly frustrated by their d and looked lost when he played michigan state. Which often ended up in rushed shots and poor fouls. My main slight against sullinger is his lack of height and athleticism. Usually players like that don't end up being game changers. T rob shows better potential as far as that goes.
    Again, you didn't watch the games. Sully didn't play in the first meeting against Kansas. And in the second game, he went up against Jeff Withey, one of the best defenders in the country. We don't even know how tall either guy is right now. Sully isn't super athletic, but he can have a similar type impact as Zach Randolph and Elton Brand.

Quote Originally Posted by BallSoHard View Post
    You do realize Kansas was doubling Sullinger in the post the whole game, right?

I was disapointed he settled for deep 2's and threes in that game though. I think Sully has the most developed offensive game for a big man in the draft. I worry he doesn't stay conditioned or never gets conditioned, but he's a ball player. Good size, and is not Tractor Trailor. reminds me of Zach Randolph to be comepletely honest.

http://www2.kusports.com/news/2012/a...ffs-sullinger/
    I don't hate his game just his size...As long as I been a hornet's fan we have been undersized at the 4 spot. David west developed a mean outside jumpshot which helped him be effective. I'm just tired of getting bullied by bigger teams. Also we haven't had any athleticism at the 4 in a while . T rob brings that and rebounding to the table.

And i agree with that point, Sully's got game but if hes only 6'8" I don't want him. If he's 6'9 with a big wingspan or 6'10 I'd take him in a heart beat

Again, you didn't watch the games. Sully didn't play in the first meeting against Kansas. And in the second game, he went up against Jeff Withey, one of the best defenders in the country. We don't even know how tall either guy is right now. Sully isn't super athletic, but he can have a similar type impact as Zach Randolph and Elton Brand.
    True we won't find out how any of them measure out...but sullinger hasn't shown any drastic improvements in his game from year one to year two. T rob improved his scoring average and rebounding drastically. Though he was given a bigger role due to absence of the morris twins. The only way I'd be cool with drafting sullinger is if we get an nba sized center, because undersized frontlines have been our achilles hill for a couple of years.

I love how you keep on arguing against "undersized" power forwards and yet the very guy that you're arguing for is considered undersized.

Quote Originally Posted by Nola Hornet View Post
    I love how you keep on arguing against "undersized" power forwards and yet the very guy that you're arguing for is considered undersized.
    Yet he is more athletic than sullinger...which can help in finishing over taller defenders. He also has a better jumper which can pull defenders away from the basket. I mean true both might be undersized..but if they both measure the same I want the guy with better athleticism and jumpshot. The hornets have said they would take the best player available but prefer a pf/c. If they choose a pf it will be sullinger or t rob most likely. That is why I am focusing on these two.
    Last edited by glepurple; 05-17-2012 at 06:52 PM.

Sullinger has the better jump shot at this stage.

Yet he is more athletic than sullinger...which can help in finishing over taller defenders. He also has a better jumper which can pull defenders away from the basket. I mean true both might be undersized..but if they both measure the same I want the guy with better athleticism and jumpshot.
    Sullinger may be a better shooter than Robinson. He shot 40% from 3's and 77% from the FT line. He has a very good perimeter jumper.

Thread Information