Pelicans Report

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Rooting for or against Chris Paul/'Clippers in round one?

Blog Entries

Rooting for or against Chris Paul/'Clippers in round one?

Give me your thoughts here and I'll read them on the air. Or call and say it yourself!

(504-556-9696)

Show is on for the next two hours.
    audaci favet fortuna (Thanks, Harvey)- Fortune favors the bold.
    R.I.P. to HunnyB/FlyGirl
    Bourbon Street Shots
    Saints247
    @GerrityJoe

My Real Estate Brokerage--WeSellNola.com
    My Vape Stores-- Crescent City Vape

Wholeheartedly against. Really want players to see that taking the easy way out isn't the way to go for the sake of the NBA. Grass isn't always greener. I think the heat and Knicks were huge reasons Chris wanted to leave.

"I don't know if people know — I dislocated my pinkie finger. And [Tyreke] told me, 'You wanna go home or you wanna be here?' I want to be here. And he said, 'All right, then go tape it up and let's play. Let's go. We not stoppin' at no stores. Straight gas. That's what we do, just keep going.'"

http://thebasketbawlblog.com/

Against. Chris Paul wanted to get away from this franchise so much he went to one that is historically worse. They've only one 1 playoff series since moving to L.A. Plus watching the series all they do is flop and whine at the refs over and over and over again.

I wrote this about you Mr. West's Avatar
    Love what CP did for the city, but I'm not sure how longtime Clipper fans root for those guys the way they whine and flop.

Completely against them. Hands down my
    least favorite team in the league. Flop city blows.

"I'm not going to allow my putative owner to answer that question, this is an NBA related press conference. Paul Tagliabue and Roger Goodell have collectively sung their praises of Tom and if uh ESPN has a problem with that tell Mr. Skipper to call me at my office."

Objectively speaking, Chris Paul handled his ******baggery better than any other recent superstar has. Melo, Lebron, and now Dwight sunk their teams either during the regular season (Melo/Dwight), or left their teams with no compensation (Lebron).

Paul was going to leave in free agency; he waited until the off-season to minimize distraction, and told us early enough so that we could get a fair compensatory package for him.

I am still cheering against him because I'm petty and bitter (and because good Lord the team he went to is so easy to cheer against by themselves), but I really do think he loved the team and hated former management (which we should all be able to relate to).

Now we have two top ten picks, an intriguing prospect in Aminu, oh and the best young 2-guard in the league when healthy. Plus we don't have to watch the sometimes brilliant but often agonizingly boring pick and roll 95% of the time; we play more balanced team ball.

He didn't leave us high and dry, and he didn't cause drama in-season; for that I am partially grateful.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! kinglio21093's Avatar
    Easily against. Will never be caught cheering for Flop City.

Off the court I'm all for CP. The moment he steps on the court I am against. Not that I disagree with his decisions, I would have probably left too. I just can't bring myself to cheer for him on that team. I will stubbornly and unjustifiably root against him out of spite because I am a New Orleans Hornets fan.

They certainly make it a lot harder to like them with their style of play.

Right now Against CP3 , because I am an optimist. I hope that the Clippers fail him, and he sees the error of his ways so he can return and form the best backcourt with Gordon. The League is turning against Griffin at an infectious and alarming rate. It is only a matter of time before the negativity reaches CP3, and we all know just like Dwight and Lebron...... Chris wants to be loved. He wants the wholesome, Good Guy image. Nothing salvages your image like a return "home".

The Clippers team/Organization, on the other hand now. Overwhelming against. I don't know who is a worse coach, Mike Brown or Del Negro. Say what you want to say about Vlade and Manu. They were good players besides their flopping techniques. Reggie Evans on the other hand is a Bum. No way he should be getting those calls. I say this should be the Flopping rules: Every Suspected Flop, should be reviewable.
    When the Ref's decide its a flop. Give a Tech. Two flop Tech's = ejection. If a player has 2 Flop Ejections then after the 2nd ejection he should serve a 2 game Suspension. End Result:That would send a message to the players, and make the product on the floor better.More notorious Floppers start to pop up on the referees radar until they get the picture. Blake Griffin is a punk. (See Andre Miller Dosen't like Blake Griffin Youtube Video)And their bench is immature. I refuse to even acknowledge them as professionals. LETS GO GRIZ!

I'm going for Memphis because I like their team better. But the way the Clippers act, its easy to root against them is CP3 is the biggest culprit.

Emeka Okafor - Joe Smith - Carmelo Anthony - Manu Ginobili - Jason Williams

Al Jefferson - James Posey - Aaron McKie - Shaun Livingston

U-L-M...Geaux Hawks Geaux djpaul89's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Coughka View Post
    Plus we don't have to watch the sometimes brilliant but often agonizingly boring pick and roll 95% of the time; we play more balanced team ball.
    Amen to that

Hall of Famer
    For. I'm still a fan of CP3, so therefore I root for the Clippers. Plus it's nice to see a historically putrid franchise gain some kind of relevance. I rooted for the Clippers during their last run as well.

Vote Voodoo! Contributor Unknown Poster's Avatar
    Haven't watched a single NBA playoff game and it doesn't matter to me either way. Also: boobs (to spice up the radio show).
    "Hornets means nothing." - Tom Benson

Boobs, our common ground.

Show was over, sadly.

I find myself pulling against the Clippers(Paul and all ). I want the Grizz to put them out of their misery. I find myself cheering for D. West, T. Chandler, and our other players who are gone.

The grizzlies are a better challenger for the spurs than the clips could ever be.

The Voice of Reason Contributor RaisingTheBar's Avatar
    I hope the grizz kill flop city in game 7

Irrational Optimist Contributor neworleanshoo's Avatar
    against.

Against... but rooting for the Pacers to go all the way!

Quote Originally Posted by goat gorilla View Post
    Off the court I'm all for CP. The moment he steps on the court I am against. Not that I disagree with his decisions, I would have probably left too. I just can't bring myself to cheer for him on that team. I will stubbornly and unjustifiably root against him out of spite because I am a New Orleans Hornets fan.
    This!!!!

Screw Chris Paul! He left us! I don't see how somebody who wanted leave be treated as a freakin king! Yeah he's a great player and leader on the court, but he is a follower outside of it. He wanted to follow in the footsteps of his buddies (Melo, Lebron, Wade, Deron, etc.) and creating super friends! He could have stood on his own two feet and try to be the man like Durant and Rose but he didn't!

At first I was excited that he was going to a team that I could see myself not hating... then Blake Griffin happened

I just can't find it in me to give a hero's welcome to a guy who didn't want to be here!

Don't you worry guys, Pop will deliver

Thread Information