Pelicans Report

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5

Thread: Are we going to be rebranded the New Orleans Cardinals?

That's a great point. Does anyone think for a moment a pro athlete is going to get nervous because we are called some threatening name like Voodoo?

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. West View Post
    We arn't rebranding to be more threatening. You don't even need to be threatening to be successful, ask the Celtics, Lakers and Knicks. The three most profitable brands in the NBA.

I think Jesters and Soul are the absolute two worst names I have heard. But that's just my opinion

Quote Originally Posted by Rheem654 View Post
    I agree with you a lot, JNR. Krewe would sound pretty cartoony to me, and a jester mascot? The very role of a jester was/is to be a clown and entertain nobility. Is that how you would want your basketball team represented? A Krewe of Klowns?

And Cardinals? Isn't the Saints Catholic reference enough? It's 2012 now, do we really need the religious baggage tied to this franchise, too?

I think whoever's marketing this re-brand needs to peer behind the usual masks that Nola represents to visiting tourists (Mardi Gras, Bourbon St. partying, Katrina, etc.) The Jazz Music connection is usual, but it's positive and relevant.
    'Jazz' taken, 'Brass' already used for the minorleague hokey team, and calling the team the Blues wouldn't make for exciting up-tempo basketball ;... I think New Orleans Soul would be a great name, and it's one that has been earned by the perseverance through the recent hardships in the past seven years...

...and plus, the initials would be NOS, and that energy drink could become a sponsor. Once it agrees to use only all-natural ingredients that's been proven not to give drinkers a heart-attack.
    Yea because everytime i think of another team and their name i think of them as their mascot.....Like a bunch of Grizzly bears running up and down the court, or Lightining and thunder when OKC is in town... You are realllllyyyyy stretching to make your point... I cant wait for our team to be the New Orleans Soul, So we can have a band running up in down the court playing music..

Hall of Famer
    All right, here's a new concept I drew up. I don't have a team name for it, but this is an example of what I was talking about earlier: Coming up with a unique design that doesn't shy away from a possible link to the Saints, or even a callback to the current look of the Hornets. There's really no need to ignore both.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Creole Soul.jpg 
Views:	98 
Size:	77.7 KB 
ID:	3778

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. West View Post
    We arn't rebranding to be more threatening. You don't even need to be threatening to be successful, ask the Celtics, Lakers and Knicks. The three most profitable brands in the NBA.
    Yeah, I didn't mean it should be, but a team named pelicans doesn't sound like a team that could beat you.

I don't like Krewe because it doesn't roll off the tongue to me.

The only one I like is that idea from a while back, New Orleans Dominos, especially because of Fats Domino.

I'm for keeping the Hornets.
    aka Hornet Blood

Credit: wopester

Quote Originally Posted by Xist2inspire View Post
    All right, here's a new concept I drew up. I don't have a team name for it, but this is an example of what I was talking about earlier: Coming up with a unique design that doesn't shy away from a possible link to the Saints, or even a callback to the current look of the Hornets. There's really no need to ignore both.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Creole Soul.jpg 
Views:	98 
Size:	77.7 KB 
ID:	3778
    The dominos is great and unique. Is that the moon above the trumpets?

Hall of Famer
    You mean crescent? Yup, it is.

Don't forget that the Fletch approves of Dominoes!

http://offsideswithfletcher.wordpres...eans-dominoes/

And why is this thread with a form of 'rebrand' in the title not in the rebrand thread? There must be a reason.

Thread Information