Pelicans Report

Page 97 of 987 FirstFirst ... 47 87 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 107 147 197 597 ... LastLast
Results 2,401 to 2,425 of 24651

Thread: League Chat Thread

Great deal for you!!! Payton was also on a HUGE contract.
    HR Sim League Orlando Magic

PG: Luke Ridnour, Delonte West, Greg Minor

SG: Andre Iguodala, Mickael Pietrus

SF: Shareef Abdur-Rahim, Boris Diaw

PF: Charlie Villanueva, Ian Mahinimi, Amir Johnson

C: Eddy Curry, Mamadou Ndiaye, Adam Parada

Yeah in real life GP was still a top 10 player for 2 more yrs and still a good role player after that, so it wasn't a bad deal for Bee-Fense and he's definitely worth the money

Quote Originally Posted by rbow. View Post
    Yeah in real life GP was still a top 10 player for 2 more yrs and still a good role player after that, so it wasn't a bad deal for Bee-Fense and he's definitely worth the money
    If he can get a good center, that's a real contender

Quote Originally Posted by BeeBall Reasons View Post
    If he can get a good center, that's a real contender
    Yes it is. His backcourt will be ridiculous this year.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! Bee-Fense's Avatar
    Well, like BeeBall Reasons said.. I believe I'm about a solid center away from being a dangerous contender.

Last year, Gary Payton was a 1st team All NBA player. He averaged 26 points, 9 assists, 6 rebounds, and 2 steals. He's still an incredible player and should be for the rest of his contract. K Mart is a nice player but I don't think he'll ever be close to as good as Payton, and he's already 24 and didn't improve in training camp. Mason and Atkins are nice players but wouldn't find the floor much with GP and Penny, so wasn't too tough to say goodbye.

I feel like my team is a lot more dangerous than last year and will be next year as well, so I'm happy with my moves. Have about $16 million in expirings too, so my team should be better next year.

Knicks future looks good though. Double 1st rounders for 2 years, Tony Parker, and now K Mart. Could get lucky and land Yao and form a big 3 right there.

Desmond Mason and Jerome Moiso are a package deal for future first's.

CP3 has deceitful eyes ohnosono's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Bee-Fense View Post
    Well, like BeeBall Reasons said.. I believe I'm about a solid center away from being a dangerous contender.

Last year, Gary Payton was a 1st team All NBA player. He averaged 26 points, 9 assists, 6 rebounds, and 2 steals. He's still an incredible player and should be for the rest of his contract. K Mart is a nice player but I don't think he'll ever be close to as good as Payton, and he's already 24 and didn't improve in training camp. Mason and Atkins are nice players but wouldn't find the floor much with GP and Penny, so wasn't too tough to say goodbye.

I feel like my team is a lot more dangerous than last year and will be next year as well, so I'm happy with my moves. Have about $16 million in expirings too, so my team should be better next year.

Knicks future looks good though. Double 1st rounders for 2 years, Tony Parker, and now K Mart. Could get lucky and land Yao and form a big 3 right there.

your team is definitely better now, it was a bold move on your part. I still feel you gave a little too much but you picked a damn good player to overpay for.

The west is absolutely stacked, it's ridiculous.

well I'm not worried about points.. and my pick this year won't be great. the 04 pick could bite me but we'll see.

Mason + Atkins were actually mostly cap fillers to me. I had no one else to make it work cap wise since Antonio Davis was recently traded for. But you got to give to get was my mindset.

Your team is going to kill me though. Pau + Shaq vs Antonio Davis + DeSagana Diop O_O

well I'm not worried about points.. and my pick this year won't be great. the 04 pick could bite me but we'll see.

Mason + Atkins were actually mostly cap fillers to me. I had no one else to make it work cap wise since Antonio Davis was recently traded for. But you got to give to get was my mindset.

Your team is going to kill me though. Pau + Shaq vs Antonio Davis + DeSagana Diop O_O
    But when you guys play each other it will also be Payton + Carter + Hardaway vs Stockton + Jackson + Battier

Man, I'm looking at your roster and your team is pretty damn solid. Sure, you could use another big man but you're cruising to the playoffs easily. I think Diop could be a decent starter. I'd be more worried about your PF situation tbh.

Quote Originally Posted by coltsguy510 View Post
    But when you guys play each other it will also be Payton + Carter + Hardaway vs Stockton + Jackson + Battier
    what an intriguing battle for 2nd place in the West

no but seriously there are a lot of teams that could easily win the championship in the West and it wouldn't surprise me
    My team
    Lakers
    Mavs
    Minny
    Kings
    Spurs
    Warriors

no easy playoff matchups,
    I'm going to do my best to win my championship now. I'll make a big move if it makes me a better contender over a two year window.
    I can't restart without my '03 pick. That Snow trade forced my hand.

Quote Originally Posted by NolaHornets23 View Post
    Man, I'm looking at your roster and your team is pretty damn solid. Sure, you could use another big man but you're cruising to the playoffs easily. I think Diop could be a decent starter. I'd be more worried about your PF situation tbh.
    thank you, appreciate the compliments

I'm gonna let the first few games play out and see what needs to be addressed and go from there. Like you said, I should make the playoffs pretty easily.. so focusing on my final team heading into the playoffs and waiting for the best deal possible to come around and take it.

Quote Originally Posted by BeeBall Reasons View Post
    what an intriguing battle for 2nd place in the West

no but seriously there are a lot of teams that could easily win the championship in the West and it wouldn't surprise me
    My team
    Lakers
    Mavs
    Minny
    Kings
    Spurs
    Warriors

no easy playoff matchups,
    I'm going to do my best to win my championship now. I'll make a big move if it makes me a better contender over a two year window.
    I can't restart without my '03 pick. That Snow trade forced my hand.

Don't sleep on the Trailblazers.

Quote Originally Posted by NolaHornets23 View Post
    Don't sleep on the Trailblazers.
    As title contenders? I don't think so, I definitely gave them a good deal of talent for Ratliff though, much improved, tough fight with the Rockets for a playoff spot.

Oh and Memphis and Utah too, it's rough out here, The west is tough. I hope none of you have any assets left to push yourselves over the top.

It seems that the west gms are more trigger happy when it comes to blockbuster trades, the only payoff team in the east that made a major roster shakeup is the bucks,

HR Sim League - Washington Wizards

Can't believe no one mentioned the Rockets. We were the 3rd seed in the West last season. I know I traded Cato, but Miller is gonna be an upgrade and I added more younger, solid shooters off the bench. I still kept my core in Sheed and Cassell, and may be worse defensively, but offensively the team is much better.

Emeka Okafor - Joe Smith - Carmelo Anthony - Manu Ginobili - Jason Williams

Al Jefferson - James Posey - Aaron McKie - Shaun Livingston

The Mad Titan    Contributor   
    Quote Originally Posted by janjanjanjan3 View Post
    It seems that the west gms are more trigger happy when it comes to blockbuster trades, the only payoff team in the east that made a major roster shakeup is the bucks,
    The west 6 or 7 seed could probably be the east 2 seeds

Quote Originally Posted by BallSoHard View Post
    The west 6 or 7 seed could probably be the east 2 seeds
    Day 28 in Houston will be pay back.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! wuggie's Avatar
    I hope Richard Jefferson plays like I think he will....Steve Francis was getting CP3 numbers last year, really lol Best 3 point shooting team in the league, you can book that (hopefully) this season, last year's guys got better.
    Last edited by wuggie; 07-28-2012 at 10:40 AM.

"I want ONLY 9 eyebrows in the starting lineup for the Hornets next year." I typed this before the draft lottery

I'm so ready for this season to start

Keith Van Horn and Horace Grant need to go. Keith put up 16.5 ppg and 8.2 rpg in 29 minutes a game last year, and Horace is a very solid backup with B- inside, B+ Def. and B- rebounding

Jimeert Freedet 4 Prez    Contributor   
    Quote Originally Posted by janjanjanjan3 View Post
    Yeah, I was pretty sure I wouldn't have been able to keep all my guys and I wasn't gunna contend... might as well sell high and get a few good building blocks in a relatively deep draft. We'll see in a couple seasons how it'll turn out.

BTW, I totally had a dream about this game... God, I need to get away from this! LOL
    People's Basketball Sim League presents...

1995-96 Season
    C Kevin Willis | PF Brian Grant | SF Jalen Rose | SG Michael Finley | PG Terrell Brandon
    Key Reserves: Dikembe Mutombo | Todd Day

Quote Originally Posted by Make It Rain View Post
    I'm so ready for this season to start
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K97pdv392DM

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! Trell's Avatar
    Watch my PF Eddie Griffin! He's going to be the steal of that draft, was considered a Tim Duncan kinda player. But from maturity issues he didn't live up to the hype, when he started to pull it together at age 25, he passed away.
    2013-1014 is the season the Pelicans fanbase grows!!!!

Thread Information