Pelicans Report

Page 9 of 987 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 19 59 109 509 ... LastLast

Thread: League Chat Thread

I personally think a random draft is the most fair, but i think the first two rounds of it being a snake draft is suitable for all parties involved, though like janjan said if you didnt like your randomized draft position why not just tank? But whatever one way or the other its not a big deal to me. I think all this arguing and banter is good, it'll make for intense playoff series' later down the line lol
    Twitter: @TheRealPaulyP
    PR Sim League (2006-07 Season)

Quote Originally Posted by NolaHornets23 View Post
    Nobody has "cried", asking for a fair shot is more like it. I have a top 3 pick and the random draft order would benefit me, yet I can see that the snake draft is the fairest way to go.
    Sure, but all of the people who benefited from the randomized draft in the 1st round aren't complaining about that. A snake draft is the best way to mediocrity for a middle round team.

My point is that, if things were flipped, and Ballsohard got my draft choices, he wouldn't be complaining like he is right now. That is ridiculous that he didn't get his way, and now he won't stop it until he does.

If there is one thing that I've learned doing these drafts, it is that the person who cries the most gets his way. Ballsohard is winning that battle, but it's really sad that things might actually change because of it.

The fact that people are okay with a randomized draft after the first 2 rounds just backs up the fact that they only want to change the 2nd round picks because they got a bad roll of the dice. That is all this is about - not competitive balance, as most are hiding behind. It's ridiculous.

I have the 17 pick in second round randomly and in a snake would have about the 20th. It really doesn't matter to me one way or the other. Can you please stop with the "crying" comments nobody is crying. We are attempting to discuss what we can do about the order.

Fire Monty!! Contributor AD23forMVP's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by nolaslim213 View Post
    So now we are changing the rules again? This is a freaking joke, right?

What is the deal with these amature leagues always changing the rules in the middle of the whole thing? One or 2 people don't get their way, and they cry about it until someone does something for them. This has got to be a ******* joke, right?
    No rules were ever set. It's been a wait and see thing from the start.
    Last edited by AD23forMVP; 05-18-2012 at 11:51 AM.
    PelicansReport.com Sim League
    New Orleans Hornets General Manager

I just think it is funny that people are okay with a snake draft for the first 2 rounds and want a randomized draft for the rest of the draft. It's hilarious to me, because it screams, "I'm not happy with my 2nd round pick, so I'll bit** and moan until I get it changed."

That's all this is about. Some people got a bad bounce for the 2nd round pick, and they want that changed. Tough ****. Better luck next round.

CP3 has deceitful eyes ohnosono's Avatar
    Sure, but all of the people who benefited from the randomized draft in the 1st round aren't complaining about that. A snake draft is the best way to mediocrity for a middle round team.

My point is that, if things were flipped, and Ballsohard got my draft choices, he wouldn't be complaining like he is right now. That is ridiculous that he didn't get his way, and now he won't stop it until he does.

If there is one thing that I've learned doing these drafts, it is that the person who cries the most gets his way. Ballsohard is winning that battle, but it's really sad that things might actually change because of it.

The fact that people are okay with a randomized draft after the first 2 rounds just backs up the fact that they only want to change the 2nd round picks because they got a bad roll of the dice. That is all this is about - not competitive balance, as most are hiding behind. It's ridiculous.
    A snake draft helps to balance out all the talent, your middle teams will be "mediocre", but deep. I.E I get a superstar in Shaq but it's gonna be harder for me to build a complete team around him, while the teams with crappy picks have the chance to stockpile mediocre talents.

A random draft is gonna benefit those with higher picks. The chance is a lot higher imo.

we should just hold a vote or something. I could care less either way but a snake draft just seems fair to me. We only even considered a random draft because no one thought about holding the draft on here, then inputting it into the game afterwards.

Quote Originally Posted by NolaHornets23 View Post
    we should just hold a vote or something. I could care less either way but a snake draft just seems fair to me. We only even considered a random draft because no one thought about holding the draft on here, then inputting it into the game afterwards.
    We will when I get off.

I just think it is funny that people are okay with a snake draft for the first 2 rounds and want a randomized draft for the rest of the draft. It's hilarious to me, because it screams, "I'm not happy with my 2nd round pick, so I'll bit** and moan until I get it changed."

That's all this is about. Some people got a bad bounce for the 2nd round pick, and they want that changed. Tough ****. Better luck next round.
    Again the first 2 round snake draft is a compromise because of the thought that the entire draft being snake would be too time consuming for CP3 to input in the system. But doing it for one round would be fine, if we now decide to do the draft on here and it be snake I think that is the fairest way to do it.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! Bee-Fense's Avatar
    So now we are changing the rules again? This is a freaking joke, right?

What is the deal with these amature leagues always changing the rules in the middle of the whole thing? One or 2 people don't get their way, and they cry about it until someone does something for them. This has got to be a ******* joke, right?
    Quit *****ing and just play the game. You've caused all drama in every league. You're unhappy because the original format gave you an advantage. However, I really don't care either way for me, and you shouldn't either. THE BEST GMS WILL PROVE TO BE THE BEST IN THE END, REGARDLESS OF DRAFT POSITION.

The Mad Titan    Contributor   
    When can the next person pick?

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! wuggie's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BallSoHard View Post
    When can the next person pick?
    Really. I pick 18th

"I want ONLY 9 eyebrows in the starting lineup for the Hornets next year." I typed this before the draft lottery

Manually changing the 2nd round draft system now back to a snake draft would be quite funny 'cause the fact that the 2nd round of the draft seemed to be randomized by the program (against what were the rules in the first place) was the essential key why it was too much for me to continue. What an ironic turn of things.

Well, I don't care about it anymore and I think you all should just appreciate what CP3forMVP is doing here.

Wuggie can pick now if he is ready.

Alright so draft options.

12 round randomized
    12 round snaked
    2 round snake 10 round randomize

Any others?

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! Trell's Avatar
    So are we going to do a re-draft?
    2013-1014 is the season the Pelicans fanbase grows!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Trell View Post
    So are we going to do a re-draft?
    Re-draft? No lol

A change from a re-draft can effect a person draft. Because I know since it's a snake draft now, I have a totally different plan.

this draft is already taking forever. No re-do! Unless I get Kobe or Duncan

We definitely aren't starting over.

Whatever is voted on will be final.

Finally! Put our foot down, CP3forMVP!

I vote for 2 round snake and random the rest of the way. Good compromise makes it easier for commish.

The Mad Titan    Contributor   
    Probably should have kept it at 2 votes. Badge Badger Badger, SNAKEEEEEE
    But being the biggest person voting for the full snake and still fully behind it; i'm willing to conede to the 2 round snake and random rest of the draft if that's what we need.

2 snake + random
    PR SIM LEAGUE - Cleveland Cavaliers

2000/01 Finalist *** 2001/02 Best Eastern record *** No longer a proud owner of Timmy D

Starting Five: PG Eric Snow | SG Lou Williams | SF Josh Howard | PF Pau Gasol | C Mehmet Okur

I too vote for the 2 snake + random. Seems like the fairest compromise.

Thread Information