Pelicans Report

Page 89 of 987 FirstFirst ... 39 79 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 99 139 189 589 ... LastLast
Results 2,201 to 2,225 of 24651

Thread: League Chat Thread

Geaux Hornets! Contributor PrepP's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by CP3forMVP View Post
    Are you really getting three points per sig? That's a little too much.
    what do you think is fair? You let me know. Your the commish. Tho I put a good amount of time into his and I tried to be very reasonable. MakeitRain was ok with 3 points ,but I understand you said that there would be some kind of limit when we discussed it. So whatever you say works for me. I just won't put as much time into others if they want one.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! Trell's Avatar
    I'm itching to see how the Gus is going to turn out!
    2013-1014 is the season the Pelicans fanbase grows!!!!

Maybe i'm doing something wrong. I posted the image url in my signature on my edit profile. This is my first time doing it

Quote Originally Posted by Trell View Post
    I'm itching to see how the Gus is going to turn out!
    what????

*Guys*... My players with potential after training camp.

Fire Monty!! Contributor AD23forMVP's Avatar
    I don't know, I was thinking like a point per. Like you said, you put in the time and work so I think you deserve the points, but it also puts you at a unfair advantage because you're basically just getting free points to improve your players that nobody else is, and your team/players aren't earning the points. Get what I'm saying?
    PelicansReport.com Sim League
    New Orleans Hornets General Manager

The Mad Titan    Contributor   
    Lol as much as a 1st team all league invite.

just let him make sigs instead of articles, I mean they are really similar as far as time and points awarded. Oh and I'd like a few points for my power rankings. I don't need any for updating it, but I'm not going to write any articles because I'll be busy with that.

There's an idea. Sigs or articles.

I don't know, I was thinking like a point per. Like you said, you put in the time and work so I think you deserve the points, but it also puts you at a unfair advantage because you're basically just getting free points to improve your players that nobody else is, and your team/players aren't earning the points. Get what I'm saying?
    I completely understand that aspect. that's why I asked you about it before I offered it up to anyone, to make sure it was ok. I guess i don't see it as getting "free" points but more like a trade. It is completely up to the other GM to decide if they want to use their points to train their players or in a trade or even to "give/trade" them to me for a sig. So I see it as their points to do with how they want too.I also understand your concern tho too. The whole idea came from some GM's wondering who could make custom sigs. So that's when i offered the point trade thing and PM'd you about if it would be ok. You probably read all that in the Chat forum tho too. I'm willing to work around whatever limits you place or not do it all if you think it is unfair. It really won't bother me either way.

Quote Originally Posted by PrepP View Post
    I completely understand that aspect. that's why I asked you about it before I offered it up to anyone, to make sure it was ok. I guess i don't see it as getting "free" points but more like a trade. It is completely up to the other GM to decide if they want to use their points to train their players or in a trade or even to "give/trade" them to me for a sig. So I see it as their points to do with how they want too.I also understand your concern tho too. The whole idea came from some GM's wondering who could make custom sigs. So that's when i offered the point trade thing and PM'd you about if it would be ok. You probably read all that in the Chat forum tho too. I'm willing to work around whatever limits you place or not do it all if you think it is unfair. It really won't bother me either way.
    Basically I think it's fine but like articles, only twice per season, I mean we wouldn't want you to have 20+ points just from making sigs

Quote Originally Posted by BeeBall Reasons View Post
    just let him make sigs instead of articles, I mean they are really similar as far as time and points awarded. Oh and I'd like a few points for my power rankings. I don't need any for updating it, but I'm not going to write any articles because I'll be busy with that.
    good point. kinda of the same thing. didn't think of it like that. I saw people were getting points for articles but I didn't try to bc mine would be terrible. Some of those articles are awesome!

Well I've been doing graphic design for years and years, so I know the time it takes to make a good sig. So like I said, I think you deserve something. I like the idea above, you can replace the articles with sigs instead.

http://www.footballsfuture.com/phpBB...c.php?t=484503
    You can check out my sigs there, btw. Haven't done anything in a while though.

Well I've been doing graphic design for years and years, so I know the time it takes to make a good sig. So like I said, I think you deserve something. I like the idea above, you can replace the articles with sigs instead.

WOW. Yours are awesome CP3. Props man!!! I don't put that much time into these but its still takes a good amount of time searching for assests, getting a good concept, and then designing it. I just figured I could do this to make some points and I do them when I have free time on breaks and stuff at work. Love your designs tho. Great job!!

Love The Walking Dead one and Colston one!

Jimeert Freedet 4 Prez    Contributor   

LOVE the honeybadger on... and Darryl!
    People's Basketball Sim League presents...

1995-96 Season
    C Kevin Willis | PF Brian Grant | SF Jalen Rose | SG Michael Finley | PG Terrell Brandon
    Key Reserves: Dikembe Mutombo | Todd Day

Barnes one is awesome!!
    HR Sim League Orlando Magic

PG: Luke Ridnour, Delonte West, Greg Minor

SG: Andre Iguodala, Mickael Pietrus

SF: Shareef Abdur-Rahim, Boris Diaw

PF: Charlie Villanueva, Ian Mahinimi, Amir Johnson

C: Eddy Curry, Mamadou Ndiaye, Adam Parada

Is there going to be any penalty for all these teams being so far over the salary cap?

Not that I plan on.

So basically if a team is over the cap now, that means they were over the cap because of the way their draft worked out? And once those contacts run out, they won't be able to go above the cap again unless they use exceptions? I'm just asking because I see some teams that are close to $10 million above and I think someone is even over $20 million above

Quote Originally Posted by Make It Rain View Post
    So basically if a team is over the cap now, that means they were over the cap because of the way their draft worked out? And once those contacts run out, they won't be able to go above the cap again unless they use exceptions? I'm just asking because I see some teams that are close to $10 million above and I think someone is even over $20 million above
    I think there should be some kind of penalty for teams over the cap eventually too. If not this season, then sometime in the next few seasons.

Jimeert Freedet 4 Prez    Contributor   
    Well as the seasons progress, our originally drafted high-dollar players will retire/contracts will expire. And people will be able to spend a little more.

Does the salary cap go up over the years?
    Quote Originally Posted by Conroy View Post
    I feel like I'm wasting my time compared to Sound.
    Quote Originally Posted by NOLa. View Post
    I think Sound just upped the standards in the league.
    GM of the Year

Yeah I set it to what that years cap was.

The Spurs are 30 million over, as we go on I think there should be a penalty for going over, not a really large one though, maybe take away points? 3 for going over, 1 for every million over after that? I don't know, just brainstorming.

Thread Information