Pelicans Report

Page 8 of 987 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 18 58 108 508 ... LastLast

Thread: League Chat Thread

Fire Monty!! Contributor AD23forMVP's Avatar
    Huh lol

I'm inputting the picks as we go but I'm only updating the index every 5 picks or so.

Do you have the pick after?
    PelicansReport.com Sim League
    New Orleans Hornets General Manager

The Mad Titan    Contributor   
    No. You said the draft is random per round. But I'm saying of we just pick who we want in the order we want on the thread you created an you input them in the program at the end of the round we could have a fair snake draft.

Quote Originally Posted by BallSoHard View Post
    No. You said the draft is random per round. But I'm saying of we just pick who we want in the order we want on the thread you created an you input them in the program at the end of the round we could have a fair snake draft.
    Too complicated man. Besides, randomized rounds are more fun. Just give it a rest man.

I possibly could, but it would take a ton of time and I'm not sure how the cap would play into it.

It's not too complicated. U see the team in the program, you look on here to who they picked. Random isn't fun for me. I got a last 5 pick in the first round and the last pick in the second. MBA is a superstar league in a sim game or real life. I think this is an easy solution.is the cap tied to where players are picked ? Or tied to their ability? I could call if u wanted and go over it, I really don't think it would take any time at all. When I get to a computer I can map it out, the idea just hit me like a bag of bricks so I had to post it !

No slim I won't give it a rest. You're the online giving pushback. U want me to give it a rest, then switch second rounders with me. If not then I've heard what you've had to say and the message is not intended for you. After all you just got finished calling the guy who's putting him time an effort a power abuser and a cheater.

You got the 13th an the first in the second round , of course it makes it more fun to you.

No slim I won't give it a rest. You're the online giving pushback. U want me to give it a rest, then switch second rounders with me. If not then I've heard what you've had to say and the message is not intended for you. After all you just got finished calling the guy who's putting him time an effort a power abuser and a cheater.
    Dude, stop crying like a little child. You didn't get the pick you wanted in the 2nd round, and that is why you are freaking out so much. This is the fairest way to do it. It's completely random. Guys who are in the middle of a snake draft are stuck in mediocrity. That's a fact. In a randomized draft, everything is up to chance, and it is more fair that way.

Who knows? You could get the 1st pick in the 3rd round. I bet you wouldn't complain then.

You got the 13th an the first in the second round , of course it makes it more fun to you.
    Sure, but if you were in my situation, you would be saying the same thing I am saying. Just because you got a bad bounce for the first round doesn't mean you have to cry so much about it. You haven't even been on this board for a whole month man!

Give me a break dude.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! Bee-Fense's Avatar
    mfw>

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! Bee-Fense's Avatar
    But as for serious input to this discussion, I don't think it's a big deal.

If your pick position doesn't favor you much, then just plan accordingly. If that means tanking, and then building through the draft, then do it. In the end, the best GMs will come out on top. Just draft smart, think long term, and go from there.

Also I thought it was snake order for the first 2 rounds and then randomized from there? Cause if that's the case, I don't see how it's a big deal.

Quote Originally Posted by nolaslim213 View Post

Bull. I have school and work too. I find time to log on. Either way, he could have logged on for 5 minutes when he got home from school/work. Also, if he knew that he wouldn't have the time to participate in this league, then he shouldn't have signed up in the first place.

I don't like this fishy business. He is feeding you BS, you are buying into his BS, and now you are making up new rules to accommodate his BS. Not a fan of the recent goings on. Just saying...

Lol, I'm not starting the drama. You are feeding it. I appreciate what you are doing, but come on man... You can't be so fickle and easily manipulated. You had rules to start the program, and you bent those rules at the first sign of trouble. What's next?
    Weak sause. Your comeback is i'm crying ? Your comeback is the length of time i've been on the board? Keep grasping at straws, child.

The funny thing is, you even VALIDATE my point that the only reason youre not complaining is because you got the good picks, were you in my poistion, you would be, because lets look up all 10 post higher. You sit there and challenege Hornet's integrity; while later showing you LACK of integrity by that you're ADMITTING doing this because you're in a grander postion (What would you do in my position).

You were crying earlier about something that didnt even effect you. I'll use your words, "You had rules to start the program and you bent them at the first sign of trouble" The fact is, your only argument FOR this random draft is you got an unfair advantage. The funnier part, is i'm not even asking you, you've already been warned if you don't like it to leave. If the guy running the league doesn't like it fine, but I could care less if you leave, I could careless if you post on this again, I could careless about anything about you. You're the only one that's speaking out against it because (as i beat the dead horse again) YOU HAVE AN UNFAIR ADVANTAGE. Your opinion is highly skewed. It doesn't matter to me or to Hornets and you're intrest are to yourself and not the integrity of the league. You resort to attacking me personally (join date really dude?), instead of debating the points I have to make. You've moved toward insults TWICE now in this thread, but i'm the one who needs to stop? Sorry buddy, maybe in another life.

PS feel free to post again, but i'm not going to be a part of derailing this whole league so you can take some more personal shots. I didn't join Hornetsreport to get in flame wars with people.
    Last edited by BallSoHard; 05-18-2012 at 12:56 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bee-Fense View Post
    But as for serious input to this discussion, I don't think it's a big deal.

If your pick position doesn't favor you much, then just plan accordingly. If that means tanking, and then building through the draft, then do it. In the end, the best GMs will come out on top. Just draft smart, think long term, and go from there.

Also I thought it was snake order for the first 2 rounds and then randomized from there? Cause if that's the case, I don't see how it's a big deal.
    Right and that makes sense, but I figured if we could do it the snake way then great, if Hornet's doesnt feel like going through the headache fine also. Just want something, somewhat fair.

this will run for a few seasons right? can we trade future draft picks then?

HR Sim League - Washington Wizards

CP3 has deceitful eyes ohnosono's Avatar
    Ball So hard makes a solid point. It would be a little more work for cp3formvp but a lot more fair. I'm not complaining though, considering I had the 3rd overall.

Quote Originally Posted by nolaslim213 View Post
    Dude, stop crying like a little child. You didn't get the pick you wanted in the 2nd round, and that is why you are freaking out so much. This is the fairest way to do it. It's completely random. Guys who are in the middle of a snake draft are stuck in mediocrity. That's a fact. In a randomized draft, everything is up to chance, and it is more fair that way.
    Ballsohard is not crying, he is just making a solid point. No need to call him a child for wanting the league as fair as possible. Slim, you are trying to say a completely random order is the fairest way to do it and that is just simply untrue. A snake draft is the only way for it to be fair. In a random order, hypothetically you could have the first pick in every round (the the chances are minuscule). In a snake draft, your late pick in one round is compensated for in the next round. I had the 5th pick in round 1 and the 13th pick in round two, yet I still think a snake draft would be better for the league.

All in all, if a snake draft is not too complicated, I think it is the best thing to do. If it would require too much work, than we can just stick to the way it is. But there is no argument as to which one is more "fair." Snake draft is much more fair.

sure snake draft is the best way to go, but as CP3forMVP said, it'll be too much work for him. the guy shelled out 40$ for us and is running the league. if he says he cant do it, then who are we to complain?

and slim, try to not to give out insults like "stop crying like a little child" it doesn't make your point clearer.

I dont know if im alone on this, but it doesn't bother me if i pick at the lower half every round. atleast i get to look forward to the upcoming draft. (there is a draft right?) i plan to tank the season before LeBron, Wade, Melo and Bosh comes. but thats just me. winning is not everything, enjoy the league and enjoy the draft! try different lineups, different tempo thats more fun! people love the underdogs right?

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! Trell's Avatar
    Either way he can't do the snake draft. He clearly said that's what he wanted but the league randomized itself.
    2013-1014 is the season the Pelicans fanbase grows!!!!

I've got work until one, but when I get off I will look at the league file. If i think I can fix the rosters in two or three days I'll put it up to a league vote.

If it's too much trouble to do a snake draft for the entire draft would a good compromise be to try to snake draft the first two rounds and leave the random order for everything after. That way CP3 only has to input the picks for 1 round (the 2nd), and nobody is at a huge disadvantage for the first 2 rounds.

This is supposed to be fun, and there will be so much more to it than this initial draft. So lets just try to get through it as quickly as possible with less arguing.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! Trell's Avatar
    Dude don't worry about them! If they don't like it they can leave! All this fu**ing crying is starting to p*** me off! Damn if you don't like they rules the dude set leave!
    I'm not a fan of the random draft but I'm not complaining, put the man who made this league threw to much! Damn be grateful.

I like the snake first two rounds idea

Quote Originally Posted by Trell View Post
    Either way he can't do the snake draft. He clearly said that's what he wanted but the league randomized itself.
    .... He can have the draft on here, in snake order, then actually draft them in the game once we're done.

Oh I get what you are saying now. I'll leave it up to vote when I get home.

So now we are changing the rules again? This is a freaking joke, right?

What is the deal with these amature leagues always changing the rules in the middle of the whole thing? One or 2 people don't get their way, and they cry about it until someone does something for them. This has got to be a ******* joke, right?

Nobody has "cried", asking for a fair shot is more like it. I have a top 3 pick and the random draft order would benefit me, yet I can see that the snake draft is the fairest way to go.

Thread Information