Pelicans Report

Page 6 of 987 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 16 56 106 506 ... LastLast

Thread: League Chat Thread

Fire Monty!! Contributor AD23forMVP's Avatar
    I can base it off of who I would pick if I controlled that team, if that made it any better. But that is about as much as I can do.
    PelicansReport.com Sim League
    New Orleans Hornets General Manager

Geaux Hornets! Contributor PrepP's Avatar
    I get that we need to speed up the process. And i like the idea you have of PMing CP3forMVP your top 3 picks. But I don't think its fair to say "this is how it is going to work" then change the rule to speed it up for other people. If you joined at the beginning then you kind of already "agreed" to the rules that a pick would be auto drafted if that person didn't pick in certain number of hours. So everyone knew the rule going into the draft.

To me personally, I could care less either way. I just think it's the "fair" thing to do. Because when you start changing rules and things to appease some people you are going to **** off some others. And inevitably some of those people will back out of the league. IMO it's best to stick to what was discussed when everyone agreed to be a GM of a team that way it's understood that the rules were that way when you signed up.

FWIW we never discussed what the time limit would be.

Lol guys, yall need to make yalls own Bank Thread, not post yours in mine.

"janjan is on the clock until 6 PM CT. Planning on eight hours for the first round, six hours for the next few rounds. Then I'll drop it lower once we get deeper in the draft."

This is what you, as the commissioner of the league, said early in the thread before the draft started. Like I said, doesn't matter to me either way. But if you state 8 hours for picks in the first round then IMO it should be just that. But you are the commish and you can change rules as you see fit. You have to be mindful though that you have to make changes with everyone's interest in mind if you want to keep people interested in the league.

"Well, if the computer picks a player for him that one of us right after him want, can you go and trade them straight up in the system? Because that is my main concern that the computer auto-picks my guy, and that may not have been the guy that Whodatman even wanted."

I also don't think what nola slim is asking you to do would be right. If the first player on your list gets picked before your turn then draft your second.

P.S. Sorry guys for some reason my "reply with quote" button won't work on this computer

Alright I need some input.

Six hours, or Eight hours?

If six we go on to the next pick, if eight we wait until 3:00.

My official vote is 8 hours just because that's how it was worded it would work for the first round at the beginning.

Personally , I'm with you guys and would be fine with 6 to speed things up.

What you think PP3?

6 hours is plenty of time in my opinion, i say we move on. Whodat can always trade away his player that has been autopicked if he doesnt like it as well, so its not all bad.
    Twitter: @TheRealPaulyP
    PR Sim League (2006-07 Season)

"I can base it off of who I would pick if I controlled that team, if that made it any better. But that is about as much as I can do."

Are you going to let it auto pick or are you going to make the pick for him? because you said it would be auto picked at first. Just wondering.

6 is fine w/ me

Quote Originally Posted by PrepP View Post
    "I can base it off of who I would pick if I controlled that team, if that made it any better. But that is about as much as I can do."

Are you going to let it auto pick or are you going to make the pick for him? because you said it would be auto picked at first. Just wondering.
    Just trying to get some input on what I should do, personally I already auto picked and I know who the player selected will be, but I did not save it so Detroit is still up.

Alright six hours it is. All picks will be AUTOPICKED.

If you miss your pick in two straight rounds you are on autopick until I hear from you.

So who got auto picked?

Stephon Marbury to the Pistons.

Marbury was 15th on my draft board so im glad he was chosen early lol

Yeah he should be a good player in the game but I don't like him so lol

The rosters are updated, all the way up to #10.

Alright guys I'll be gone for a while, if any picks are made I'll update when I get back.

Alright guys here is the deal, WhoDat missed his time but logged on before hornetstime made his pick. I let him change his pick, though in the draft it still shows up as Marbury. Hopefully that doesn't cause any problems.

Let this be a reminder, if there is even a hint of doubt that you may not be here to make your pick, send a list.

Quote Originally Posted by CP3forMVP View Post
    Alright guys here is the deal, WhoDat missed his time but logged on before hornetstime made his pick. I let him change his pick, though in the draft it still shows up as Marbury. Hopefully that doesn't cause any problems.

Let this be a reminder, if there is even a hint of doubt that you may not be here to make your pick, send a list.
    Got to say man, this is BS.

I didn't want Iverson or anything, but the principle of the matter is that he missed his time frame, kept everyone waiting, and now you are accommodating him. Just paving the way for more trouble...

Precedent is set. If we mess up in the future, same accommodations must be made.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! Trell's Avatar
    BS!!!
    2013-1014 is the season the Pelicans fanbase grows!!!!

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! Trell's Avatar
    I don't like the whole, your doing someone a favor, when they missed there pick!
    That's true BS...no offense towards you hornetstime.

Quote Originally Posted by nolaslim213 View Post
    Got to say man, this is BS.

I didn't want Iverson or anything, but the principle of the matter is that he missed his time frame, kept everyone waiting, and now you are accommodating him. Just paving the way for more trouble...

Precedent is set. If we mess up in the future, same accommodations must be made.
    Same accommodations will be made if someone misses their pick but logs on before the next pick is made.

If hornetstime had already made his pick, regardless of who he picked, I wouldn't have switched them.

Oh and btw we are short a GM, so if anyone who doesn't already have a team and reads this shoot me a PM.

The Mad Titan    Contributor   
    Wish the picks were every 4 hours during business hours. Look at the other HR draft. It took a week to get mostly though round 3. it's going to take us 2 months to get through this draft to play. Cant'we pick a day and knock out 5 rounds or something?

Thread Information