Pelicans Report

Page 50 of 987 FirstFirst ... 40 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 60 100 150 550 ... LastLast
Results 1,226 to 1,250 of 24651

Thread: League Chat Thread

Fire Monty!! Contributor AD23forMVP's Avatar
    These last two sims will probably take place on Sunday and Monday.
    PelicansReport.com Sim League
    New Orleans Hornets General Manager

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! LoCo89's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by CP3forMVP View Post
    These last two sims will probably take place on Sunday and Monday.
    !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!
    HR SIM LEAGUE: MEMPHIS GRIZZLIES

Mod over at reddit.com/r/NOLAPelicans

The Mad Titan    Contributor   
    Awards after that second sim?

CP3 has deceitful eyes ohnosono's Avatar
    should close out this first season sooner than usual. considering how long the draft took. Might get some of the inactive users more into it.

Quote Originally Posted by BallSoHard View Post
    Awards after that second sim?
    Not sure tbh.

And Nola, I think everyone is pretty active actually. I mean, hornetstime hasn't posted a dc in like the past seven sims, but he was active in trades. I don't think rbow has posted a dc since like the third sim, and then Eman hasn't been active at all but he's been busy with work and posting in the Nest from his phone I believe.

CP3 has deceitful eyes ohnosono's Avatar
    I was/am drunk while making that comment. Impatient isn't enough to describe my mind right now.

Quote Originally Posted by NolaHornets23 View Post
    I was/am drunk while making that comment. Impatient isn't enough to describe my mind right now.

do we have to post a depth chart for every week? I never posted cuz I didnt want any changes

ha im in the playoffs right now without my first round pick starting

#QUAILS MOM

So who does everyone think's going to win:

MVP-
    6th man
    DPOY
    Rookie?

MVP - Tim Duncan, Cavaliers. Winning team but is a stat sheet stuffer. Scores 28 a game and averages 5 assist (WOW) 14 rebounds a steal and 2 and a half blocks per game. Pretty sure this teams record gets flipped around if he's not on the Cavs.

6th Man- Rodney Rogers, Lakers. Starting quality guy coming off the bench because he plays behind the best SF in the league IMO. 12 points 6 rebounds 2 assist and a steal. Doesn't seem impressive until you realize he's coming off the bench.

DPOY- Alonzo Mouring, Suns. Hear me out. I hate giving awards to teams losing type teams but that's not the whole story for this award to me. I had Zo over Theo Ratliff and Shaq (This was the hardest one for me) because they were all pretty close in blocks and steals, but Zo dominated the glass and can make the playoffs. How much defensive presence can you really claim if your team doesn't win? It's true Shaq's number were better but his team didnt even sniff the playoffs.

Quote Originally Posted by rbow. View Post
    do we have to post a depth chart for every week? I never posted cuz I didnt want any changes
    No, that's fine.

What time is the sim today?

Emeka Okafor - Joe Smith - Carmelo Anthony - Manu Ginobili - Jason Williams

Al Jefferson - James Posey - Aaron McKie - Shaun Livingston

Soon, I worked this morning.

Quote Originally Posted by CP3forMVP View Post
    Soon, I worked this morning.
    Thanks.

No problem bud

MVP-
    6th man
    DPOY
    Rookie?

MVP - Tim Duncan, Cavaliers. Winning team but is a stat sheet stuffer. Scores 28 a game and averages 5 assist (WOW) 14 rebounds a steal and 2 and a half blocks per game. Pretty sure this teams record gets flipped around if he's not on the Cavs.

6th Man- Rodney Rogers, Lakers. Starting quality guy coming off the bench because he plays behind the best SF in the league IMO. 12 points 6 rebounds 2 assist and a steal. Doesn't seem impressive until you realize he's coming off the bench.

DPOY- Alonzo Mouring, Suns. Hear me out. I hate giving awards to teams losing type teams but that's not the whole story for this award to me. I had Zo over Theo Ratliff and Shaq (This was the hardest one for me) because they were all pretty close in blocks and steals, but Zo dominated the glass and can make the playoffs. How much defensive presence can you really claim if your team doesn't win? It's true Shaq's number were better but his team didnt even sniff the playoffs.
    look at courtney alexander on the 76ers for ROY

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! LoCo89's Avatar

MVP-
    6th man
    DPOY
    Rookie?

New thread for this? I can make one when I get home if no one else has by then

Quote Originally Posted by LoCo89 View Post
    New thread for this? I can make one when I get home if no one else has by then
    Sure. It wont effect the game or who wins, but I think it'll be fun for most of us. I'm still thinking about Rookie of the year, but I like Alexander, Swift, Chris Mihm and Erick Barkley. Don't want to exclude anyone though.

What about Jerome Moiso for ROY?

Mihm has better stats

Geaux Hornets! Contributor PrepP's Avatar
    Sure. It wont effect the game or who wins, but I think it'll be fun for most of us. I'm still thinking about Rookie of the year, but I like Alexander, Swift, Chris Mihm and Erick Barkley. Don't want to exclude anyone though.
    I like Swift & Barkley. Swift won MVP in Rookie/Sophomore game and had a solid year. But Barkley won rookie of the month twice and put up solid numbers too.

I would love to know how my team can finish with the best record in the league by far (second best was 7 games behind me), yet I have zero players on the All-NBA first, second or third teams. The only post season recognition I got was one player on the all-rookie team.

I just needed to vent. These points can be huge for building the future of your team, and I'm not being rewarded at all.

If I can't grab one of the Rockets home games without Sheed, I'm toast.

If I can't grab one of the Rockets home games without Sheed, I'm toast.

Without Sheed, I would be fine with a split. I'm debating whether to move Brad Miller to PF or go with my backup PF in Lawrence Funderburke who's a good score, but doesn't defend nor rebound well.

Quote Originally Posted by Hornets78 View Post
    Without Sheed, I would be fine with a split. I'm debating whether to move Brad Miller to PF or go with my backup PF in Lawrence Funderburke who's a good score, but doesn't defend nor rebound well.
    Well, i say a splits good because you're almost unbeatable at home it seems. I'd of course like tot ake them both, but I want to be realistic.

Thread Information