Pelicans Report

Page 5 of 986 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 15 55 105 505 ... LastLast

Thread: League Chat Thread

Fire Monty!! Contributor AD23forMVP's Avatar
    Ok I lied, everyone doesn't need a bank thread, but if you want to make your claims you need to have one.

So that's probably something you should have.
    PelicansReport.com Sim League
    New Orleans Hornets General Manager

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! LoCo89's Avatar
    Hey man, just wanted to say you have been doing a great job running this thing. I know you're just learning it, but we all really appreciate it.
    This is starting to look like it will be alot of fun and I am pretty excited honestly, so yeah, thanks

Thanks for the kind words...

Quote Originally Posted by LoCo89 View Post
    Hey man, just wanted to say you have been doing a great job running this thing. I know you're just learning it, but we all really appreciate it.
    This is starting to look like it will be alot of fun and I am pretty excited honestly, so yeah, thanks
    Ditto. Very excited about this league, and it is going really smooth so far. Well done man.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! Trell's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by CP3forMVP View Post
    Thanks for the kind words...
    Seriously tho bro, you honestly deserve it! 👍👏👏🙏
    2013-1014 is the season the Pelicans fanbase grows!!!!

I concur! Splendid job thus far man!
    This league will hopefully make the real offseason go by faster so im reallly excited
    Twitter: @TheRealPaulyP
    PR Sim League (2006-07 Season)

Did Silverfox pick?

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! Bee-Fense's Avatar
    He did; Ray Allen was the pick.

And yes, once again, awesome job on this dude. It's gotten pretty much perfectly so far.

I just saw it. And I'm sorry from posting a comment on the draft thread!

Lol it's cool dude, no biggie.

I'm trying think of some things I can slightly run through for yall. Has everyone looked at the depth chart format?

Lol it's cool dude, no biggie.

I'm trying think of some things I can slightly run through for yall. Has everyone looked at the depth chart format?
    Do we set minutes played by these guys at specific positions? Can we also set rotations? And different schemes for the different rotations? Or is that too complicated lol.

Quote Originally Posted by nolaslim213 View Post
    Do we set minutes played by these guys at specific positions? Can we also set rotations? And different schemes for the different rotations? Or is that too complicated lol.
    Too complicated lol

The game keeps it simple, maybe to simple but I have to manually enter all 29 teams so lol

C - Player - Player - Player
    PF - Player - Player - Player
    SF - Player - Player - Player
    SG - Player - Player - Player
    PG - Player - Player - Player

IR:

Scoring Options:

Gameplan:
    Pace:
    Trap Frequency:
    Press Frequency:
    Offensive Focus:
    Basically for the depth chart, you have to have all your players either at a position or on IR. How you list them does not matter. You can list a player more than once. For example, my DC looked like this in my last league:

C - Joakim Noah - Jason Smith - Hassan Whiteside
    PF - Anthony Davis - Yi Jianlian - Anthony Davis
    SF- Martell Webster - Martell Webster - Al-Farouq Aminu
    SG - Kelenna Azubuike - JJ Redick - Xavier Henry
    PG - Kyrie Irving - Sergio Rodriguez - Kyrie Irving
    I'll be honest, you can't really set minutes (as far as I know, maybe whenever I can select these things in the game I'll be surprised) and it kind of sucks. But basically you see how I did it there.

For scoring options, you just set who you want your #1, #2, and #3 scoring options to be. Once again, as far as I know you can't enter the same player twice but maybe I'll be surprised.

For the gameplan, you are free to choose how you want your team to play. For pace you can pick out of slow, fast, or normal. For trap and press frequency, you can pick out of never, sometimes, often, always, or normal. And for offensive focus you can choose outside, inside, or balanced.

Too complicated lol

The game keeps it simple, maybe to simple but I have to manually enter all 29 teams so lol

Basically for the depth chart, you have to have all your players either at a position or on IR. How you list them does not matter. You can list a player more than once. For example, my DC looked like this in my last league:

I'll be honest, you can't really set minutes (as far as I know, maybe whenever I can select these things in the game I'll be surprised) and it kind of sucks. But basically you see how I did it there.

For scoring options, you just set who you want your #1, #2, and #3 scoring options to be. Once again, as far as I know you can't enter the same player twice but maybe I'll be surprised.

For the gameplan, you are free to choose how you want your team to play. For pace you can pick out of slow, fast, or normal. For trap and press frequency, you can pick out of never, sometimes, often, always, or normal. And for offensive focus you can choose outside, inside, or balanced.
    Cool deal man. Can't wait to get started once I have my roster set up.

Davis made me come home The JNR's Avatar
    I don't have nearly enough time to participate in this league, but so far it looks really interesting, so I'll be keeping up with it for sure.

Anybody know how active WhoDatMan is around the boards? He hasn't logged on since the 15th.

Skip em!

We'll give him until 1:00. From here on out, you have six hours to select, not eight.

is there anyway you can just move his pick to the end of the round instead of autopicking for him if he's absent? That seems more fair to me

Quote Originally Posted by PP3istheMVP View Post
    is there anyway you can just move his pick to the end of the round instead of autopicking for him if he's absent? That seems more fair to me
    I'd agree with this. He shouldn't be rewarded for making us wait. This is the kind of stuff that really draws this process out.

Geaux Hornets! Contributor PrepP's Avatar
    "We'll give him until 1:00. From here on out, you have six hours to select, not eight."

Can we pick a set amount of time and stick with it? I know this is a kind of a "figure it out as we go" type of thing but it should be the same for everybody IMO.

Geaux Hornets! Contributor PrepP's Avatar
    Same with skipping or moving someone's pick to the end if they don't draft. If you originally said the pick will be auto drafted then it should stay that way.

PR SIM LEAGUE - Cleveland Cavaliers

2000/01 Finalist *** 2001/02 Best Eastern record *** No longer a proud owner of Timmy D

Starting Five: PG Eric Snow | SG Lou Williams | SF Josh Howard | PF Pau Gasol | C Mehmet Okur

Quote Originally Posted by PrepP View Post
    Same with skipping or moving someone's pick to the end if they don't draft. If you originally said the pick will be auto drafted then it should stay that way.
    Disagree. You should forfeit privileges if you waste our time. He should be bumped to the end of the round.

Also, I suggested above that if you feel like you will be tied up for your allotted time frame to pick a player, you should send a list of your top 3-5 players to CP3forMVP, and he can select for you the highest rated player on your board.

This thing needs to run smoothly, or else it is going to take a whole month to draft our teams.

No, the pick has to be made before moving to the next pick.

And like I said, we're sticking to six hours. I understand people have jobs and lives, but eight hours is just too long. I'm tempted to move along with four hours, but that is too short. We'll wait to move to four hours in the later rounds.

Though I could use some input from yall, what round do yall think would be a good time to make the selections quicker? And hour many hours should they have to pick?

And like slim said, if you think there is a chance you won't be available to pick, send me a list.
    Last edited by AD23forMVP; 05-17-2012 at 12:42 PM.

No, the pick has to be made before moving to the next pick.

And like I said, we're sticking to six hours. I understand people have jobs and lives, but eight hours is just too long. I'm tempted to move along with four hours, but that is too short. We'll wait to move to four hours in the later rounds.

Though I could use some input from yall, what round do yall think would be a good time to make the selections quicker? And hour many hours should they have to pick?
    Well, if the computer picks a player for him that one of us right after him want, can you go and trade them straight up in the system? Because that is my main concern that the computer auto-picks my guy, and that may not have been the guy that Whodatman even wanted.

Thread Information