Pelicans Report

Page 3 of 987 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 13 53 103 503 ... LastLast

Thread: League Chat Thread

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! Bee-Fense's Avatar
    lol Okay good because at this time VC was probably even ahead of Kobe or at least on par.. SO talented

Quote Originally Posted by LoCo89 View Post
    If you're gonna quit then obviously we can't stop you, but I believe the whole point of a league like this is the fun of running a team for many years, not just one year which is why we're starting in 2000. Not everyone can win or do well every year. There are 30 teams, someone's bound to do poorly, but you see what's up, fix your team and try again. At least that seems to be the point of a game like this.
    I understand the nature of this game and I'm generally fine with playing such a game with a long-term plan in mind. I just cannot find any motivation at all starting such a game with such a huge disadvantage. I'm sorry, I guess I am just a person that has at least to see the possibility to turn things around in a foreseeable future and not playing a few realtime years to make this possible. I was really excited about this game and looking forward to it, maybe too much so that these circumstances just frustrated me too much. In the end I believe it might be better, also for this league, to give someone a chance who can take such a situation with more enthusiasm than me.

Fire Monty!! Contributor AD23forMVP's Avatar
    So you really want out? Your chances of getting another team anytime soon are slim, I've already got people waiting. Also be aware that I'm not even sure if that is the draft order, but I need to know because it isn't fair to have you pick for someone else's team.

Personally, I wouldn't give up my team just because of draft position. If you are smart about it, you won't be behind. Draft a young team and let them grow, etc.
    Last edited by AD23forMVP; 05-16-2012 at 06:22 PM.
    PelicansReport.com Sim League
    New Orleans Hornets General Manager

Quote Originally Posted by CP3forMVP View Post
    So you really want out? Your chances of getting another team anytime soon are slim, I've already got people waiting. Also be aware that I'm not even sure if that is the draft order, but I need to know because it isn't fair to have you pick for someone else's team.
    No, I wouldn't pick for someone else to continue - that's for sure and that is the reason why I quite now and not after the draft. I want to give someone else the chance to have more fun with the game than I would have, given this situation.

Personally, I wouldn't give up my team just because of draft position. If you are smart about it, you won't be behind. Draft a young team and let them grow, etc.
    That would be the longterm plan. Like I mentioned: I just don't see turning things around in the forseeable future, no matter who I'd draft. And as said, I just don't have the motivation to play a few years until some kind of success will fit in. Not from the start on and just because of bad luck.

Don't get me wrong: I understand that it was all a matter of luck and I don't blame anyone for anything. Also I would have been ok a below (or even below) average result... but this is just a little too much bad luck for me to handle right now.

Sorry guys. I wish you all a lot of fun.

Are you aware the years aren't literal?

This is why I think the randomized system is the best... Just saying, it's the fairest way to do it IMO.

Also, I'm open to any and all trades. Hit me up!

As far as I can tell you can't trade picks, but you can trade players after they are picked as long as it works cap wise.

As far as I can tell you can't trade picks, but you can trade players after they are picked as long as it works cap wise.
    So, can I pick a player that a guy behind me wants, and then I trade him the player for his picks? Can it work like that?

...just trying to think of creative solutions.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! Bee-Fense's Avatar
    When will the salaries be handed out?

whoa, theres a salary? cool

HR Sim League - Washington Wizards

Quote Originally Posted by nolaslim213 View Post
    So, can I pick a player that a guy behind me wants, and then I trade him the player for his picks? Can it work like that?

...just trying to think of creative solutions.
    As long as it works capwise, yes. Unfortunately you don't have the ability to see a players cap number until after you draft them. I can tell you now, there default salaries in the game are NOT what they were during that real life year. I do have the ability to go into every players league file and edit their salaries, not sure if I want to go through all that though lol

The Mad Titan    Contributor   
    Wait is the draft happening now ? lol

Quote Originally Posted by BallSoHard View Post
    Wait is the draft happening now ? lol
    Yes haha. Interested in trading up?

I Completely agree about the draft if ti doesnt snake the order not being very fair, you know since i'm 20 in the first round and last in the second? Just doesnt seem right. Guess there's not a ton of people in that position.

are we allowed to trade picks?

Quote Originally Posted by BallSoHard View Post
    I Completely agree about the draft if ti doesnt snake the order not being very fair, you know since i'm 20 in the first round and last in the second? Just doesnt seem right. Guess there's not a ton of people in that position.
    It's neither. It's a randomized draft, so you could pick 3rd in the first round, and 20th in the second round, and 14th in the third round (for example).

Click this, and select "Draft Order" to see your spots for the first 2 rounds:

http://www.hrfbb.net63.net/

Quote Originally Posted by janjanjanjan3 View Post
    are we allowed to trade picks?
    Sort of. From what I gather from CP3forMVP, the top pick has to pick a player, and you could then trade that player for subsequent picks/players, but I think the salaries have to match.

If things get weird on a specific trade, CP3forMVP could always just edit the salaries to make the trade work, I guess. There are ways around it.

Yeah I mean, I could edit players and make their salaries would they were during that year and so on. That would take a ton of time however, and probably wouldn't be able to find salaries for everyone.

I also think I will hold up all trades until after the draft. Just looked at it and the transaction section isn't even available until the season begins.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! Trell's Avatar
    👎winers & complainers!👎
    2013-1014 is the season the Pelicans fanbase grows!!!!

Yeah I mean, I could edit players and make their salaries would they were during that year and so on. That would take a ton of time however, and probably wouldn't be able to find salaries for everyone.

I also think I will hold up all trades until after the draft. Just looked at it and the transaction section isn't even available until the season begins.
    I don't think real salaries will be necessary. Save yourself the time and trouble.

First off let me say I've never ran a league before, I had never even seen what the program looks like until I got it a few days ago. So expect some bumps in the road along the way. Hopefully that's minimal though, everything looks easy and straight forward. If there are any problems I would expect it to be uploading things to the index.

I also have a answer for the trades, I think lol. I DO have the ability to go into the program and put certain players on certain teams via a drop down menu. So feel free to trade PLAYERS, but you cannot trade picks. So I guess you would be picking for someone else?

Quote Originally Posted by nolaslim213 View Post
    I don't think real salaries will be necessary. Save yourself the time and trouble.
    The cap is only 43M anyway, but I can change that as well. But the defaults look fine for right now.

Also does everyone understand the claim and trade process?

That's my point Nola. Like you for instance have the 16 and 1 I have 20 and 30. Just isn't right.

I like the cap idea.. Makes it fair of someone drafts a super team I guess.

Thread Information