Pelicans Report

Page 252 of 986 FirstFirst ... 152 202 242 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 262 302 352 752 ... LastLast
Results 6,276 to 6,300 of 24649

Thread: League Chat Thread

Sim day?

Fire Monty!! Contributor AD23forMVP's Avatar
    tonight
    PelicansReport.com Sim League
    New Orleans Hornets General Manager

awwwww man these night sims kill me i wake up and check to see results lol atleast i dont have to keep hitting the refresh button now
    #FREEQUAIL

Pelicans Sim League

2007-08 Record:15-11 winning!
    PG:Mo Williams SG: Larry Hughes SF: Grant Hill
    PF: Antoine Walker C: Greg Oden
    6th man: Ben Gordon

#FREEQUAIL

We're still missing four depth charts.

From what I can tell the Mavs, 76ers, Wizards, and someone else.

lol no rush Im just bored at work Thanks for all the work you for the league really do appreciate it

#CauseImAsFreeAsABirdNow    Contributor   
    Quote Originally Posted by c_prej View Post
    lol no rush Im just bored at work Thanks for all the work you for the league really do appreciate it
    lol this.

Well I should've bolded the other stuff too, cuz I do appreciate it. Although this season is really wearing me down. My team SHOULDN'T be doing this bad.
    People's Basketball Sim League presents...

1995-96 Season
    C Kevin Willis | PF Brian Grant | SF Jalen Rose | SG Michael Finley | PG Terrell Brandon
    Key Reserves: Dikembe Mutombo | Todd Day

Quote Originally Posted by IamQuailman View Post
    lol this.

Well I should've bolded the other stuff too, cuz I do appreciate it. Although this season is really wearing me down. My team SHOULDN'T be doing this bad.
    I know what you mean. I have the same team from last year and I added Carmelo yet my team is worse. I am making adjustments which hopefully will help, but honestly, I feel clueless about my team

Emeka Okafor - Joe Smith - Carmelo Anthony - Manu Ginobili - Jason Williams

Al Jefferson - James Posey - Aaron McKie - Shaun Livingston

The Franchise
    Quote Originally Posted by IamQuailman View Post
    Although this season is really wearing me down. My team SHOULDN'T be doing this bad.
    I feel the same way, how in the world does my team go from a nice playoff run to the league bottom-feeder.....with pretty much the same key guys? At least Fortson's been stellar this season, kinda glad I didn't succeed in trading him last season.

HR Sim League

i made the playoff the first year added a van horn which I thought would bring me deeper into the playoff and been losing ever since lol i just want to make it back into the playoffs

Bucks 03-04 = Saints 12-13... THIS IS HOW I FEEL RIGHT NOW lol Did my head coach get suspended for a season and Aaron Kroemer is calling ISOs (seriously, assist bottomfeeder lol). "MAN UP AND TAKE IT TO THE RIM"

Can I join the confused about my losing team party? I won a freakin championship, added Dalambert swapped Payton for Baron Davis, and slightly downgraded from Donyell Marshall to Lamond Murray and I am about 5 losses away from totaling my entire loss column last year.
    #FREEQUAIL

I've got first round picks, Antonio McDyess and other good expirings, A potential guys and the only 3 years left contract of Ernest Brown if you need to be bailed out of a long deal and/or have a star player you are looking to move for assets and/or a better fitting star player (McDyess).

Pretty much looking for a third star on the level of pierce and Allen which I'd move McDyess and other assets for
    Or
    A 4th, lower level star which I'd move 3 first rounders, Jared Jefferies and others for.

CP3 has deceitful eyes ohnosono's Avatar
    it seems this season already has more parity than any other. As of right now teams that are under .500 would be in the playoffs. It's really early, but still....

This game is just like the real NBA, I see a lot of people saying "well late last season I did this and went on a run so that's what I'm going to do this season." It just doesn't work like that. You have to adjust, just because something worked for you last year doesn't mean it will work for you this year. Look at this years Miami Heat (real life) for example. They are doing the same thing that worked for them last season defensively, but they're getting torched this season. Look at my team, I played a fast pace all last season, that worked for me. The first sim I went 3-2 with the fast pace so I changed it up, I'm not playing the exact opposite, a slow pace.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! LoCo89's Avatar
    To keep the complain train rolling, Zo is down to only 18 ppg this year
    HR SIM LEAGUE: MEMPHIS GRIZZLIES

Mod over at reddit.com/r/NOLAPelicans

Quote Originally Posted by AD23forMVP View Post
    This game is just like the real NBA, I see a lot of people saying "well late last season I did this and went on a run so that's what I'm going to do this season." It just doesn't work like that. You have to adjust, just because something worked for you last year doesn't mean it will work for you this year. Look at this years Miami Heat (real life) for example. They are doing the same thing that worked for them last season defensively, but they're getting torched this season. Look at my team, I played a fast pace all last season, that worked for me. The first sim I went 3-2 with the fast pace so I changed it up, I'm not playing the exact opposite, a slow pace.
    I know exactly what you mean. I just haven't figured out the best gameplan yet. Its always a constant adjustment whether its fast or slow pace, trapping or pressing which are different in my opinion and which guys to start or bench.

The Mad Titan    Contributor   
    Quote Originally Posted by HornetsFaninKY View Post
    Can I join the confused about my losing team party? I won a freakin championship, added Dalambert swapped Payton for Baron Davis, and slightly downgraded from Donyell Marshall to Lamond Murray and I am about 5 losses away from totaling my entire loss column last year.
    ... 0-8 start

Quote Originally Posted by AD23forMVP View Post
    This game is just like the real NBA.
    Like that time when a 1 and a 2 seed lost in the first round of the playoffs... waaait

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! wuggie's Avatar
    For me the last two seasons my team has been playing almost the exact same way lol and they've been winning but it's up and down, some stretches are bad( like early this season and late last season) and some are good but it seems to be the right way for my team to play. Your team has to adjust sometimes and it may take a few sims or so but youll gradually see improvement.
    Last edited by wuggie; 12-10-2012 at 02:21 PM.

"I want ONLY 9 eyebrows in the starting lineup for the Hornets next year." I typed this before the draft lottery

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! LoCo89's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BallSoHard View Post
    Like that time when a 1 and a 2 seed lost in the first round of the playoffs... waaait
    Please don't open up old wounds, I'm still not over it lol

The Franchise
    Quote Originally Posted by LoCo89 View Post
    Please don't open up old wounds, I'm still not over it lol
    Hey, remember when you told me my future was brighter than yours? Great observation there, Sherlock!

Quote Originally Posted by Xist2inspire View Post
    Hey, remember when you told me my future was brighter than yours? Great observation there, Sherlock!
    He meant literally, because a sun is bright..

The Franchise

LOL

There are no super teams in this league. The league is relatively balanced. Don't expect to be dominant year in and year out.

Thread Information