Pelicans Report

Page 224 of 987 FirstFirst ... 124 174 214 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 234 274 324 724 ... LastLast
Results 5,576 to 5,600 of 24652

Thread: League Chat Thread

Quote Originally Posted by LoCo89 View Post
    That would screw up the point. Then you're just topping that offer, and it wouldn't make sense to do it privately
    Then doing it privately doesnt make sense, in the NBA dont you think the player is looking to get the best offer and telling GMs "top this or I'm signing somewhere else"

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! LoCo89's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by AD23 View Post
    Then doing it privately doesnt make sense, in the NBA dont you think the player is looking to get the best offer and telling GMs "top this or I'm signing somewhere else"
    Ya sure, I'll agree with that probably happens with a few of your own guys, but do I think every FA is gonna tell every team what he's making? No
    HR SIM LEAGUE: MEMPHIS GRIZZLIES

Mod over at reddit.com/r/NOLAPelicans

CP3 has deceitful eyes ohnosono's Avatar
    Ya sure, I'll agree with that probably happens with a few of your own guys, but do I think every FA is gonna tell every team what he's making? No
    I'm sure that's the biggest negotiating tactic an agent can have. Informing teams that their client has better offers, etc.

#CauseImAsFreeAsABirdNow    Contributor   
    Again as I suggested... maybe a thread for the players that have offers out there just saying only top offers like "Lakers, Grizzlies, Bucks, Nets are interested"... Not indicating how much, but jsut to give people an idea of the teams interested and their cap space availabel
    People's Basketball Sim League presents...

1995-96 Season
    C Kevin Willis | PF Brian Grant | SF Jalen Rose | SG Michael Finley | PG Terrell Brandon
    Key Reserves: Dikembe Mutombo | Todd Day

PS - whenever Eric Gordon comes out in the draft and someone drafts him in the first... be sure to draft a tampon in the 2nd round

Geaux Hornets! Contributor PrepP's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by IamQuailman View Post
    PS - whenever Eric Gordon comes out in the draft and someone drafts him in the first... be sure to draft a tampon in the 2nd round

Again as I suggested... maybe a thread for the players that have offers out there just saying only top offers like "Lakers, Grizzlies, Bucks, Nets are interested"... Not indicating how much, but jsut to give people an idea of the teams interested and their cap space availabel
    BS this is a good idea, when was this suggested??

CP3 has deceitful eyes ohnosono's Avatar

I agree with your idea. Not a big fan of private bidding but it looks like we don't have a choice in the matter. I'm just concerned with the whole not knowing what to offer your players. I mean we'll be overpaying from the start because we won't wanna risk losing our star players. Your idea would certainly help in that regard.

BS this is a good idea, when was this suggested??
    I did it in one of those threads where there was arguing/idea sharing about FA rules (aka every other thread lol) but yeah.... Glad yall like the idea!

and can we make the 1 year deals untradeable? in the NBA a player who signs a 1 year deal can veto the trade

HR Sim League - Washington Wizards

I Wouldn't add any rules, just make the bidding private and send out offers for what you think the guy is worth. Send all of your offers in one PM. Hope you get the ones you want

still shopping my Bulls, Clippers and Suns 03 1st round picks

Quote Originally Posted by BeeBall Reasons View Post
    I Wouldn't add any rules, just make the bidding private and send out offers for what you think the guy is worth. Send all of your offers in one PM. Hope you get the ones you want
    Then there should at least be one sim dedicated to re-signings. You would either massively overpay your stars on your team or lose them. The team should have some sort of advantage when it comes to resigning their guys and not be on level playing field with everyon else.
    #FREEQUAIL

But if a GM makes an offer/expresses interest in a player wouldn't he tell he GM what he needs to pay to get him?..I dont like private bidding w/ no clue what the best offers are. If its so people don't get overpaid, some people will probably just feel the need to overpay right off the bat to be safe anyway

Quote Originally Posted by HornetsFaninKY View Post
    Then there should at least be one sim dedicated to re-signings. You would either massively overpay your stars on your team or lose them. The team should have some sort of advantage when it comes to resigning their guys and not be on level playing field with everyon else.
    I like this idea. Only problem is that some big name guys don't always resign right off the bat

Franchise tag!
    Quote Originally Posted by Conroy View Post
    I feel like I'm wasting my time compared to Sound.
    Quote Originally Posted by NOLa. View Post
    I think Sound just upped the standards in the league.
    GM of the Year

The Mad Titan    Contributor   
    I like this idea. Only problem is that some big name guys don't always resign right off the bat
    Neither do they irl. At least you have an opportunity.

Well with this way you have first crack at your own guys, and you pretty much know that anyone that wants to sign them will have to pay more than you. So if you want to pay what you think they are worth you know for a fact someone else is overpaying. And you can still increase your offer if they don't sign right away.

Well with this way you have first crack at your own guys, and you pretty much know that anyone that wants to sign them will have to pay more than you. So if you want to pay what you think they are worth you know for a fact someone else is overpaying. And you can still increase your offer if they don't sign right away.
    TRUE-che, good point

Quote Originally Posted by AD23 View Post
    But if a GM makes an offer/expresses interest in a player wouldn't he tell he GM what he needs to pay to get him?..I dont like private bidding w/ no clue what the best offers are. If its so people don't get overpaid, some people will probably just feel the need to overpay right off the bat to be safe anyway
    I thought we were doing it because people were getting underpaid, and to prevent bidding wars

I thought we were doing it because people were getting underpaid, and to prevent bidding wars
    Seems to be divergent goals. If we're preventing bidding wars, that's to stop people from being over paid. If we're trying to make sure players aren't underpaid, then there should be bidding wars. See what i'm saying?

I thought the bidding war we were preventing was driving up the price then people backing out. But prices on Free Agents get driven up all the time, so I'm OK with it.

Quote Originally Posted by BallSoHard View Post
    Seems to be divergent goals. If we're preventing bidding wars, that's to stop people from being over paid. If we're trying to make sure players aren't underpaid, then there should be bidding wars. See what i'm saying?
    Lol this is what I get for posting when I first get up. You're right

I thought the bidding war we were preventing was driving up the price then people backing out. But prices on Free Agents get driven up all the time, so I'm OK with it.
    Well, I was one of the people that drove the price up on Earnest Brown and I had no intention of signing him for over 5 mill a year, i think that's gamesmanship. I think the 1 year deals that were thrown out to drive price up were a little outlandish. Which is why i kind of like the 1 year deals not able to be traded, but there's a significant drawback. If you don't allow that, a ton of deals will be off the table due to your min level players not being able to be traded because of teams needing a mill here and there to make cap figures work.

Quote Originally Posted by BallSoHard View Post
    Well, I was one of the people that drove the price up on Earnest Brown and I had no intention of signing him for over 5 mill a year, i think that's gamesmanship. I think the 1 year deals that were thrown out to drive price up were a little outlandish. Which is why i kind of like the 1 year deals not able to be traded, but there's a significant drawback. If you don't allow that, a ton of deals will be off the table due to your min level players not being able to be traded because of teams needing a mill here and there to make cap figures work.
    I threw out big 1 year offers but not to drive the price up, I was interested in all of those guys. Idk what other peoples cap situation is and I don't really care what anyone else pays for a player

Thread Information