Pelicans Report

Page 221 of 987 FirstFirst ... 121 171 211 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 231 271 321 721 ... LastLast
Results 5,501 to 5,525 of 24655

Thread: League Chat Thread

Quote Originally Posted by janjanjanjan3 View Post
    The Warriors GM gets my vote. moving Ernest Brown's massive contract, trading bad contracts for expirings while keeping a hold on the 4th place in the west. i never expected the warriors to be this good.

a close second is the Blazers GM
    ha... that GM signed brown and lucked into 2 additional first rounders, I wouldn't give it to the blazers either, while I like their signings, trading R Jeff wasn't smart.

Jimeert Freedet 4 Prez    Contributor   
    Quote Originally Posted by BeeBall Reasons View Post
    ha... that GM signed brown and lucked into 2 additional first rounders, I wouldn't give it to the blazers either, while I like their signings, trading R Jeff wasn't smart.
    Yeah, I wouldn't give it to Warriors, mainly because he put himself in that position with those heavy contraacts for Brown and Alexander. Luckily he had trade assets and (no offense) Sonics bailed him out of that contract and gave him good players to help him compete this year and then have tons of cap space this coming offseason... will he make the same mistakes again?
    People's Basketball Sim League presents...

1995-96 Season
    C Kevin Willis | PF Brian Grant | SF Jalen Rose | SG Michael Finley | PG Terrell Brandon
    Key Reserves: Dikembe Mutombo | Todd Day

Quote Originally Posted by IamQuailman View Post
    Yeah, I wouldn't give it to Warriors, mainly because he put himself in that position with those heavy contraacts for Brown and Alexander. Luckily he had trade assets and (no offense) Sonics bailed him out of that contract and gave him good players to help him compete this year and then have tons of cap space this coming offseason... will he make the same mistakes again?
    I like my team, it was either do that or give a top 5 pick to the clippers, I plan to be perennially over the cap after this offseason anyway. I got Pierce, McDyess, and Brown for Shareef, Ratliff and a first. I'm content.

The Mad Titan    Contributor   
    I still don't know why you're not a great team.

Looking back at the initial draft, I traded Kobe and my 5th(McInnis) for Jason Kidd and Slim's 3rd(Allan Houston). I got all sorts of negative reaction from it, but if you look now its not that bad.

This couldve been my lineup :

Ervin Johnson (He's retired so maybe a cheap defensive center can be placed here)
    Brian Grant
    Mike Miller
    Allan Houston
    Jason Kidd

i think this lineup is better than any lineup I had

How about you guys? what are your biggest "What if" in this league?

HR Sim League - Washington Wizards

Quote Originally Posted by BeeBall Reasons View Post
    I like my team, it was either do that or give a top 5 pick to the clippers, I plan to be perennially over the cap after this offseason anyway. I got Pierce, McDyess, and Brown for Shareef, Ratliff and a first. I'm content.

Hindsight is 20/20 but I'm glad I decided to keep my core together and not do that trade. I don't think you ever had all the assets to pull it off but it would have been the start of my rebuild. My window may be short but Id rather compete now its been my philosphy since we started.
    #FREEQUAIL

My previous failed big 3s: (so close)
    Allen, Penny, and Zo
    Allen, Baron Davis, JO
    Allen, Bibby, Pierce
    Allen, Bibby, Zo
    Quote Originally Posted by HornetsFaninKY View Post
    Hindsight is 20/20 but I'm glad I decided to keep my core together and not do that trade. I don't think you ever had all the assets to pull it off but it would have been the start of my rebuild. My window may be short but Id rather compete now its been my philosphy since we started.
    but by far the best one would have been Allen, Webber and cap space. Good job with those moves, Shareef isn't the same player he was that first season...

actually looking back at it I think what I have now is better than a few of those, too bad Brown's contract came with it.
    Last edited by BeeBall Reasons; 10-24-2012 at 08:59 PM.

This First Take is peeving me off. We all know your opinions, so move on. I admitted and apologized for what I did.
    HR Sim League Orlando Magic

PG: Luke Ridnour, Delonte West, Greg Minor

SG: Andre Iguodala, Mickael Pietrus

SF: Shareef Abdur-Rahim, Boris Diaw

PF: Charlie Villanueva, Ian Mahinimi, Amir Johnson

C: Eddy Curry, Mamadou Ndiaye, Adam Parada

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! LoCo89's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by coltsguy510 View Post
    This First Take is peeving me off. We all know your opinions, so move on. I admitted and apologized for what I did.
    Meh idk why you're letting it bother you, of course it was gonna be in First Take. It was a big thing this year. You had to know it was gonna come up no point in it **** you off (again)
    HR SIM LEAGUE: MEMPHIS GRIZZLIES

Mod over at reddit.com/r/NOLAPelicans

Fire Monty!! Contributor AD23forMVP's Avatar
    The damage is done.
    PelicansReport.com Sim League
    New Orleans Hornets General Manager

Sorry but it's league news and we will discuss it. We didn't single you out, but you denied it more times than you've half heatedly apologized. I'm sorry you're cut deeply by the deep blade of the truth. If there's something non factual we've talked about feel free to dispute it and we will admit anything we falsely reported.
    Last edited by BallSoHard; 10-24-2012 at 09:21 PM.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! Bee-Fense's Avatar
    Looking back at the initial draft, I traded Kobe and my 5th(McInnis) for Jason Kidd and Slim's 3rd(Allan Houston). I got all sorts of negative reaction from it, but if you look now its not that bad.

This couldve been my lineup :

Ervin Johnson (He's retired so maybe a cheap defensive center can be placed here)
    Brian Grant
    Mike Miller
    Allan Houston
    Jason Kidd

i think this lineup is better than any lineup I had

This off season I was thinking that I needed to get rid of Payton for the best center I could get since I was weak there, but I wonder what would have happened had I used the $6 million in cap space I had to sign a quality center and keep Payton.

Also what if I never traded David Robinson away.. I could've had Payton/Carter/Hardaway/?/Robinson..

I almost had Payton outlaw Zo christie and Hill. That's my big what if. I felt I actually had a much better offer than what zo was gotten for, but was told my team would be too powerful which is why i think it fell theough. I've been in more talks than I'm willing to admit though

Quote Originally Posted by BallSoHard View Post
    Sorry but it's league news and we will discuss it. We didn't single you out, but you denied it more times than you've half heatedly apologized. I'm sorry you're cut deeply by the deep blade of the truth. If there's something non factual we've talked about feel free to dispute it and we will admit anything we falsely reported.
    I am very sorry if I did ruin this season for everyone. You were factual and I regret it, but I owned up to it even if it did take me a while.

Is the sim soon?

The trade wasn't a tanking trade. I had thought it was a good trade. I honestly did. I just wanted to get rid of an expiring player. The FA season was the tanking part.

I really blame you balls for not having secured homecourt advantage and not the fact I couldn't beat the heat. But because of your advice loco will be without joe johnson for the first four playoff games.
    Last edited by Conroy; 10-24-2012 at 10:30 PM.

I really blame you balls for not having secured homecourt advantage and not the fact I couldn't beat the heat
    Lol MUHAHAHAHHAHA!!!!!!!

seriously though, came down to our regular season series for a tiebreaker, thats awesome. Well played season sir and I sincerely hope we meet in the finals

Vote for me! I won 7 more games than last season!!

Emeka Okafor - Joe Smith - Carmelo Anthony - Manu Ginobili - Jason Williams

Al Jefferson - James Posey - Aaron McKie - Shaun Livingston

Eddy Curry ended the season averaging 19 and 10, but only with .5 blocks per game. Gonna have to upgrade his D next season.

I really blame you balls for not having secured homecourt advantage and not the fact I couldn't beat the heat. But because of your advice loco will be without joe johnson for the first four playoff games.
    In all fairness, this isn't as big of a deal as it sounds... Sadly JJ is like my 5th option =D

Looking to trade my Clippers, Suns and Bulls 03 1st rounders

I think that HornetsFanInKY deserves GM of the year and Camby deserves MIP.

Even though I won't get him, I still believe Lebron's rebounding should be a rating higher.

I think that HornetsFanInKY deserves GM of the year and Camby deserves MIP.
    Grrr there is no MIP #StraightFromTheAwardsGuy lol

Thread Information