Pelicans Report

Page 216 of 987 FirstFirst ... 116 166 206 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 226 266 316 716 ... LastLast
Results 5,376 to 5,400 of 24651

Thread: League Chat Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Soundwave View Post
    Hey I hope it was too, it just seemed sudden and out of nowhere. I was thinking it was something like a knee jerk reaction to one bad sim, but it sounds more like it was the last chance.
    It was something I had been thinking about. Just one day got the guts to start over again. My team wasn't as good as others, and I could finally accept it.

Quote Originally Posted by janjanjanjan3 View Post
    Tanking is a problem because theres not much incentive for teams to win games or make the playoffs. even with the new changes in the points system, the 25 points that you'll get for winning the championship can easily be gotten by a very good rebounding center/pf throughout the season. im too tired to compute but i bet shaq, zo and duncan mustve gotten more than 25 points during this season.

how about we lessen the individual points for the individual achievements(20+ rebounds, 40 points, etc) and give more points to team achievements(winning streak, making the playoffs). and then putting better items on the league shop, like "Negotiate contract extension"

One more thing, I think we should make those players signed to 1 year deals as untradeable, with the way things are going with the resigning/free agency, anyone can just sign 1 year deals and still preserve their cap space for the next year.

About the teams that are tanking, how about reducing the position of their draft pick by a couple of places as penalty?
    I'm not freaking tanking!! I just got the best deal I could for an expiring player!!!
    HR Sim League Orlando Magic

PG: Luke Ridnour, Delonte West, Greg Minor

SG: Andre Iguodala, Mickael Pietrus

SF: Shareef Abdur-Rahim, Boris Diaw

PF: Charlie Villanueva, Ian Mahinimi, Amir Johnson

C: Eddy Curry, Mamadou Ndiaye, Adam Parada

Quote Originally Posted by coltsguy510 View Post
    Sorry, I don't know what you mean in this paragraph, can you explain it. (For some reason this sounds sarcastic and it's not, just so you know)
    He is talking to me haha

Quote Originally Posted by Make It Rain View Post
    He is talking to me haha
    ok, got it lol.

I get that this is a computer simulation, so it's not 100% real. But the real problem with tanking, free agency, etc. lies with the fact we have no way to negotiate a contract extension with our players. And quite honestly, I don't know what would be the best way to fix it.

damn, i go to see looper(pretty good movie btw) and **** pops off up in here

#QUAILS MOM

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! LoCo89's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bojangles837 View Post
    damn, i go to see looper(pretty good movie btw) and **** pops off up in here
    I really liked it
    HR SIM LEAGUE: MEMPHIS GRIZZLIES

Mod over at reddit.com/r/NOLAPelicans

Fire Monty!! Contributor AD23forMVP's Avatar
    I can almost guarantee that Jamison will not sign with Orlando in the offseason. He went from having a good chance (biggest contract in league history?) to virtually no chance.
    PelicansReport.com Sim League
    New Orleans Hornets General Manager

Yeah I was out of reception zone all of yesterday and I come back to see all this. Tanking is terrible! Unless people think I was tanking too. Then...uh...I wasn't tanking!

I offered coltsguy Mcdyess and 2 firsts for Jamison and he turned that down. i offered him him 4 firsts for Jamison and he turned that down. now he trades him for 1 05 first and 3 scrubs???

League Chat Thread

Quote Originally Posted by hornetstime247 View Post
    I offered coltsguy Mcdyess and 2 firsts for Jamison and he turned that down. i offered him him 4 firsts for Jamison and he turned that down. now he trades him for 1 05 first and 3 scrubs???
    That is sad.

Emeka Okafor - Joe Smith - Carmelo Anthony - Manu Ginobili - Jason Williams

Al Jefferson - James Posey - Aaron McKie - Shaun Livingston

Jimeert Freedet 4 Prez    Contributor   
    You wanna talk about guys turning down trades? At least he didn't agree to a deal and put it off 2 sims just to back out. Oh wait.
    People's Basketball Sim League presents...

1995-96 Season
    C Kevin Willis | PF Brian Grant | SF Jalen Rose | SG Michael Finley | PG Terrell Brandon
    Key Reserves: Dikembe Mutombo | Todd Day

Jimeert Freedet 4 Prez    Contributor   
    Quote Originally Posted by CP3forMVP View Post
    I can almost guarantee that Jamison will not sign with Orlando in the offseason. He went from having a good chance (biggest contract in league history?) to virtually no chance.
    I am the Bucks GM and I approve this message

Please, we were still discussing the inclusion of one player in the deal. You wanted me to include an asset for him, I didnt want to. I let the trade hold to see how my team was playing. I improved the next sim and the sim after that I held off. I'm also happy I held off because your deal was not good. No trade was posted, nor approved to. All you had to do was throw in Haywood for free.

The Mad Titan    Contributor   
    Quote Originally Posted by Make It Rain View Post
    I get that this is a computer simulation, so it's not 100% real. But the real problem with tanking, free agency, etc. lies with the fact we have no way to negotiate a contract extension with our players. And quite honestly, I don't know what would be the best way to fix it.
    What about in the first sim for free agency, you can only offer contracts to your own guys ?

League Chat Thread

Quote Originally Posted by BallSoHard View Post
    What about in the first sim for free agency, you can only offer contracts to your own guys ?
    That's not a bad idea.

Awesome idea

Yeah I'm on board with that.

These are the changes I'd personally make after thinking about it

Free Agency:
    1. First FA sim is dedicated to resigning (Maybe 2 if there are truly 10 FA sims) to be done Daily.

2. You can't bid more money than you have cap room. (Due to being able to go out and sign your own guys first you should have an accurate count on you cap up to this point). In your bid pms to CP3 you must post: Total Cap room, Induvidial bids on players, the sum of those year one bids , and what your cap figure looks like after it.

3. If you trade an expiring, you can not bid on said player in the corresponding FA.

4. You must have 4 bird years on a contract (Maybe 3 only this year since we didn't set out own contracts from the snake draft) to be able to bid above salary cap threshold (This is a RL thing and would help ease concerns to GMs like PreP about teams being able to go obnoxiously over the cap. This ALSO makes expiring 4 year bird rights more valuable to trade if you are truly done with said player).

Tanking:

1. 1 Strike Warning

2. After two strikes of posting a bad lineup, the sim will decide what your lineup, focus and pace will be.

3. Countless moves to get rid of best players to make your team terrible and signing the worst Free Agents you can find? Lose your pick and your assets are frozen.

Trades:

1. We need a trade committee for questionable trades, like yesterday.

I would strike out 3. In the NBA it is legal to trade an expiring and then go sign him in the FA period. is it common..NO, but it can happen.

Trade committees should not happen. Everyone in this game has bias. Of course people will strike out deals that make one team much better, but if they made the same deal they would argue for it. Unless there is pure cheating happening or someone is obviously trying to give another team a leg up on the competition then all legal trades should be allowed.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! Trell's Avatar
    These are the changes I'd personally make after thinking about it

Free Agency:
    1. First FA sim is dedicated to resigning (Maybe 2 if there are truly 10 FA sims) to be done Daily.

2. You can't bid more money than you have cap room. (Due to being able to go out and sign your own guys first you should have an accurate count on you cap up to this point). In your bid pms to CP3 you must post: Total Cap room, Induvidial bids on players, the sum of those year one bids , and what your cap figure looks like after it.

3. If you trade an expiring, you can not bid on said player in the corresponding FA.

4. You must have 4 bird years on a contract (Maybe 3 only this year since we didn't set out own contracts from the snake draft) to be able to bid above salary cap threshold (This is a RL thing and would help ease concerns to GMs like PreP about teams being able to go obnoxiously over the cap. This ALSO makes expiring 4 year bird rights more valuable to trade if you are truly done with said player).

Tanking:

1. 1 Strike Warning

2. After two strikes of posting a bad lineup, the sim will decide what your lineup, focus and pace will be.

3. Countless moves to get rid of best players to make your team terrible and signing the worst Free Agents you can find? Lose your pick and your assets are frozen.

Trades:

1. We need a trade committee for questionable trades, like yesterday.
    Ilike this. I bet majority in the league does but its all if CP wants to do it or like it.
    Last edited by Trell; 10-21-2012 at 11:29 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Trell View Post
    Ilike this. I bet majority in the league does but its all if CP wants to do it or like it.
    The one problem it creates is teams will use their cap space first to sign other FA, then use their Bird years to resign their own players. It eliminates that
    Quote Originally Posted by Conroy View Post
    I feel like I'm wasting my time compared to Sound.
    Quote Originally Posted by NOLa. View Post
    I think Sound just upped the standards in the league.
    GM of the Year

I know, I said that I regretted that man. After I turned that down I never got a better offer. sorry bro, my fault.

Quote Originally Posted by Soundwave View Post
    The one problem it creates is teams will use their cap space first to sign other FA, then use their Bird years to resign their own players. It eliminates that
    It does, but if you want to take that risk, it's not like anyone else can bid on your players during the first sim either, so it'd be the same as the current process. So it'd not like its technically changinging for anyone who wants to do that.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! Trell's Avatar
    Its good rules you came up with Ballsohard, it's just if the commish dig it. So hopefully someone shot him a Pm about it. Either ways it goes I'm happy, this rule can help with guys always trading away there best players because its there final year of that player deals. If nothing is done this process of guys trading players while on the final year of there contract will continue, it kinda sucks. You sign or trade for a guy and offer him 4 years, after 3 years you trade him because you are afraid of losing him.

Thread Information