HR Sim League Orlando Magic
PG: Luke Ridnour, Delonte West, Greg Minor
SG: Andre Iguodala, Mickael Pietrus
SF: Shareef Abdur-Rahim, Boris Diaw
PF: Charlie Villanueva, Ian Mahinimi, Amir Johnson
C: Eddy Curry, Mamadou Ndiaye, Adam Parada
I get that this is a computer simulation, so it's not 100% real. But the real problem with tanking, free agency, etc. lies with the fact we have no way to negotiate a contract extension with our players. And quite honestly, I don't know what would be the best way to fix it.
damn, i go to see looper(pretty good movie btw) and **** pops off up in here
HR Sim League - Philadelphia 76er's (0-0)
Chauncey Billups | Jerry Stackhouse| Danny Granger| Kenyon Martin | Marcus Camby
I can almost guarantee that Jamison will not sign with Orlando in the offseason. He went from having a good chance (biggest contract in league history?) to virtually no chance.
PelicansReport.com Sim League
New Orleans Hornets General Manager
Yeah I was out of reception zone all of yesterday and I come back to see all this. Tanking is terrible! Unless people think I was tanking too. Then...uh...I wasn't tanking!
I offered coltsguy Mcdyess and 2 firsts for Jamison and he turned that down. i offered him him 4 firsts for Jamison and he turned that down. now he trades him for 1 05 first and 3 scrubs???
People's Basketball Sim League presents...
1992-93 Season Record: 52-30
C Kevin Willis | PF Otis Thorpe | SF Robert Horry | SG Dell Curry | PG Johnny Dawkins
Key Reserves: Robert Parish | Anthony Mason | Walter Davis | Terry Porter
Please, we were still discussing the inclusion of one player in the deal. You wanted me to include an asset for him, I didnt want to. I let the trade hold to see how my team was playing. I improved the next sim and the sim after that I held off. I'm also happy I held off because your deal was not good. No trade was posted, nor approved to. All you had to do was throw in Haywood for free.
These are the changes I'd personally make after thinking about it
1. First FA sim is dedicated to resigning (Maybe 2 if there are truly 10 FA sims) to be done Daily.
2. You can't bid more money than you have cap room. (Due to being able to go out and sign your own guys first you should have an accurate count on you cap up to this point). In your bid pms to CP3 you must post: Total Cap room, Induvidial bids on players, the sum of those year one bids , and what your cap figure looks like after it.
3. If you trade an expiring, you can not bid on said player in the corresponding FA.
4. You must have 4 bird years on a contract (Maybe 3 only this year since we didn't set out own contracts from the snake draft) to be able to bid above salary cap threshold (This is a RL thing and would help ease concerns to GMs like PreP about teams being able to go obnoxiously over the cap. This ALSO makes expiring 4 year bird rights more valuable to trade if you are truly done with said player).
1. 1 Strike Warning
2. After two strikes of posting a bad lineup, the sim will decide what your lineup, focus and pace will be.
3. Countless moves to get rid of best players to make your team terrible and signing the worst Free Agents you can find? Lose your pick and your assets are frozen.
1. We need a trade committee for questionable trades, like yesterday.
I would strike out 3. In the NBA it is legal to trade an expiring and then go sign him in the FA period. is it common..NO, but it can happen.
Trade committees should not happen. Everyone in this game has bias. Of course people will strike out deals that make one team much better, but if they made the same deal they would argue for it. Unless there is pure cheating happening or someone is obviously trying to give another team a leg up on the competition then all legal trades should be allowed.
Its good rules you came up with Ballsohard, it's just if the commish dig it. So hopefully someone shot him a Pm about it. Either ways it goes I'm happy, this rule can help with guys always trading away there best players because its there final year of that player deals. If nothing is done this process of guys trading players while on the final year of there contract will continue, it kinda sucks. You sign or trade for a guy and offer him 4 years, after 3 years you trade him because you are afraid of losing him.
There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)