Pelicans Report

Page 213 of 986 FirstFirst ... 113 163 203 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 223 263 313 713 ... LastLast
Results 5,301 to 5,325 of 24647

Thread: League Chat Thread

Fire Monty!! Contributor AD23forMVP's Avatar
    Sim isn't until Monday, and the 60 day for 15 points rule is gone, no more.
    PelicansReport.com Sim League
    New Orleans Hornets General Manager

CP3, that was pretty much the best I could get for Jamison, other than a trade i regret backing out of with GS.
    HR Sim League Orlando Magic

PG: Luke Ridnour, Delonte West, Greg Minor

SG: Andre Iguodala, Mickael Pietrus

SF: Shareef Abdur-Rahim, Boris Diaw

PF: Charlie Villanueva, Ian Mahinimi, Amir Johnson

C: Eddy Curry, Mamadou Ndiaye, Adam Parada

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! Trell's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by CP3forMVP View Post
    Sim isn't until Monday, and the 60 day for 15 points rule is gone, no more.
    Is it ok for me to ask why? I felt the rule was pretty fair.

League Chat Thread

So no sim tonight?

Emeka Okafor - Joe Smith - Carmelo Anthony - Manu Ginobili - Jason Williams

Al Jefferson - James Posey - Aaron McKie - Shaun Livingston

Fire Monty!! Contributor AD23forMVP's Avatar
    Not until Monday night

Not trying to make things too hard on you CP3, but I have a suggestion/question for the league. Is it possible to put in place a system where owners could offer players extensions going into their final year? The way the league is set up now, teams are better off trading their players for cap space/draft picks because there is no way to tell if that player will wish to resign with them or not.

League Chat Thread

Quote Originally Posted by CP3forMVP View Post
    Not until Monday night
    :'(

The Mad Titan    Contributor   
    IMO there should be restricted free agency for draft picks. Not really sure about the whole extension thing. Teams like the cavs lost Lebron etc.

RFA would work. I wasn't saying the player must sign the extension, but was asking if there was a way to offer them an extension and they could either decline or accept. But yea I would love RFA.
    Last edited by Make It Rain; 10-20-2012 at 10:10 PM.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	m60tank.GIF 
Views:	44 
Size:	7.2 KB 
ID:	4376

It has begun

I really hope the sanctions from the tanking are handed out on draft lotto night. THAT would be suspenseful, am I going to get Lebron, am I going to lose my pick.. Ahhhh lol

Geaux Hornets! Contributor PrepP's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BallSoHard View Post
    I really hope the sanctions from the tanking are handed out on draft lotto night. THAT would be suspenseful, am I going to get Lebron, am I going to lose my pick.. Ahhhh lol
    I agree. I hate to see it come to that but CP3 warned everyone about tanking and gave individual warnings yet they still keep pushing it.

Quote Originally Posted by BallSoHard View Post
    Are you referring to me? This trade really was the best I was going to get for him. I will be able to sign him and others with all the money I have. I don't think that I should be penalized for this trade.

I really don't want to call anyone out on it, but some of it is just so blatant. There is a way to rebuild without tanking.

It's pretty obvious you guys are talking about me lol. I am not tanking!! I got expirings in this deal so that I can sign a bunch of guys this offseason. I got an 05 first (which will be valuable yo me since I don't have a PG), a first round pick, with A potential, from this past year, and 10 points (Of which I need).

Quote Originally Posted by coltsguy510 View Post
    Are you referring to me? This trade really was the best I was going to get for him. I will be able to sign him and others with all the money I have. I don't think that I should be penalized for this trade.
    You traded one of the best players in the league and your third best player for a box of rocks and an 05 first.

Quote Originally Posted by Make It Rain View Post
    You traded one of the best players in the league and your third best player for a box of rocks and an 05 first.
    He is expiring and I have no chance at the playoffs, so why keep him. Might as well get a pick in a good draft and a first round player from the last draft. This is the same thing other Gm's did at the end of the season when all hope was lost. Jefferies was a first rounder and has A potential.

Quote Originally Posted by coltsguy510 View Post
    He is expiring and I have no chance at the playoffs, so why keep him. Might as well get a pick in a good draft and a first round player from the last draft. This is the same thing other Gm's did at the end of the season when all hope was lost. Jefferies was a first rounder and has A potential.
    I mean hey it's your decision. I would just be careful if I was you. There are sanctions for tanking, and though you may not think you are tanking, it looks like you are. When you have an Asset as valuable as Jamison, you should be able to get more than that. But as someone who was one of the contenders the last couple of year, it gets aggravating when teams basically give their players away to other contenders.

Wow.

League Chat Thread

I can't argue with him trading Jamison. Jamison is an expiring guy and doesn't have that much value.

I offered Jamison to many people, but had no takers besides bojangles.

League Chat Thread

I turned down Jamison. I didnt value him that much since he's an expiring contract.

Quote Originally Posted by Hornets78 View Post
    I turned down Jamison. I didnt value him that much since he's an expiring contract.
    That's what most people said.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! wuggie's Avatar
    You can build a team without lottery draft picks. It's not really about star power(it helps) more so than chemistry overall and sometimes it takes time for players to reach their potential.

"I want ONLY 9 eyebrows in the starting lineup for the Hornets next year." I typed this before the draft lottery

Quote Originally Posted by Hornets78 View Post
    No disrespect intended, but you aren't a contender. He wouldn't be as valuable to you to take that risk.

Thread Information