Pelicans Report

Page 208 of 986 FirstFirst ... 108 158 198 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 218 258 308 708 ... LastLast
Results 5,176 to 5,200 of 24645

Thread: League Chat Thread

Even if they were lowballed they ended up with fair contracts, none of the decent free agents signed that first sim if they had a lowball contract. I'm all for making it easier on CP3 so I'm fine with this way but I don't think it will be better. But I think the blame lies on us, we shouldn't hand out 60 million in offers if we only have 15 million in cap space. You can't try to sign your option A, B, and C at the same time.
    #FREEQUAIL

League Chat Thread

Quote Originally Posted by HornetsFaninKY View Post
    Even if they were lowballed they ended up with fair contracts, none of the decent free agents signed that first sim if they had a lowball contract. I'm all for making it easier on CP3 so I'm fine with this way but I don't think it will be better. But I think the blame lies on us, we shouldn't hand out 60 million in offers if we only have 15 million in cap space. You can't try to sign your option A, B, and C at the same time.
    I agree with everything in this post. There were teams offering every single FA out there regardless of cap room or roster space.

Emeka Okafor - Joe Smith - Carmelo Anthony - Manu Ginobili - Jason Williams

Al Jefferson - James Posey - Aaron McKie - Shaun Livingston

League Chat Thread

Quote Originally Posted by BallSoHard View Post
    And Earnest Brown is making like 14 million in the final year of his contract.
    That's what's awesome about FA whether it's in the NBA or this sim league. Some team will give out a ridiculous contract.

CP3 has deceitful eyes ohnosono's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by LoCo89 View Post
    Look, couldn't he have been technically screwing with FA anyway. I mean we're assuming he puts our bids in fairly now, and nobody's had a problem. So why would you all of a sudden not trust him?
    If I didn't trust him I wouldn't be participating in this league in the first place. I'm just bringing up the point that any route we choose will have flaws in it. I just don't see any real benefits from making bids anonymous, outside of stopping people from driving up prices just for the hell of it.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! wuggie's Avatar
    I mean boy there was some definite lowballing going on....

"I want ONLY 9 eyebrows in the starting lineup for the Hornets next year." I typed this before the draft lottery

I'm still happy about the deals I gave out to Alexander and Brown. Alexander has been great for me and I was able to move Brown in a deal that brought in 2 great talents.

The Mad Titan    Contributor   
    You also had to send two first rounders and gave up the best talent in a deal to get rid of him. I was very surprised anyone took that contract TBH.

Still not sure why anyone was even considering giving Brown a contract like that. I'm sure beeball is already considering ways to get rid of that contract.

i'm looking for a backup SF that can play D (A- or better) and has an inside game and does not turn the ball over, although if we trade he may get infected by the Lakers turnover disease.

battie available for points

#QUAILS MOM

Quote Originally Posted by hornetstime247 View Post
    I'm still happy about the deals I gave out to Alexander and Brown. Alexander has been great for me and I was able to move Brown in a deal that brought in 2 great talents.
    yeah looks like Im gonna lose our trade, your team played better than it looked at 1st and then you made some good trades to make a win now team. Everyone was hating on you after that but it worked out, props
    Last edited by speedyG; 10-16-2012 at 02:54 PM.

Can you trade a guy you just traded for?

Quote Originally Posted by Make It Rain View Post
    Can you trade a guy you just traded for?
    If you have $15 you're willing to spare.

#CauseImAsFreeAsABirdNow    Contributor   
    Quote Originally Posted by NolaHornets23 View Post
    If you have $15 you're willing to spare.
    And haven't spent $15 in a trade to waive that in a previous trade
    People's Basketball Sim League presents...

1995-96 Season
    C Kevin Willis | PF Brian Grant | SF Jalen Rose | SG Michael Finley | PG Terrell Brandon
    Key Reserves: Dikembe Mutombo | Todd Day

Just asking b/c I remember the Hornets planned on trading Odom after the paul trade with the Lakers. So, I didn't see why it would be against the rules.

Quote Originally Posted by BallSoHard View Post
    You also had to send two first rounders and gave up the best talent in a deal to get rid of him. I was very surprised anyone took that contract TBH.
    In addition he's injured for the season, but it helped me get Pierce. I'm paying pierce, Allen, and McDyess only 23 million combined next season, if I move some money around I could actually have cap space. I may be able to get my rondo this offseason!

what if your trading 3 players you just traded for.. is it still just 15?

Quote Originally Posted by Make It Rain View Post
    Just asking b/c I remember the Hornets planned on trading Odom after the paul trade with the Lakers. So, I didn't see why it would be against the rules.
    Might be a rule that the NBA changed after this game came out. You can't even do three-way trades in this game.

Geaux Hornets! Contributor PrepP's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by CP3forMVP
    Increase Player's Potential - $5 per point
    "Increase a player's true potential. Maximum 10 points per year. Maximum 15 total points over a player's career."
    Can CP3 or someone explain this to me a little better. I'm confused about the "point". So if I spend $5 on a player with a C+ will he go up to a B- potential? I guess I'm not sure how the "point" affects the players ratings. Does anyone else understand this better and can give an example or explain it a little better.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! LoCo89's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by PrepP View Post
    Can CP3 or someone explain this to me a little better. I'm confused about the "point". So if I spend $5 on a player with a C+ will he go up to a B- potential? I guess I'm not sure how the "point" affects the players ratings. Does anyone else understand this better and can give an example or explain it a little better.
    Here's the way I've always looked at the ratings. On 2K you can see players letter grades for things like how we see in the sim league. But each of those letter grades is made up of more than one type of stat. So like defense is made up of post defense, perimeter defense, stealing etc, that all boil to a letter grade. So when we spend money to up someone's stats, we're increasing one part of what makes up the letter grade which is why there isn't always a bump up to the next level like C+ to B-. At least that's how I always looked at it

EDIT: if it seems all jumbled up, I was typing this up on my phone
    Last edited by LoCo89; 10-16-2012 at 04:46 PM.
    HR SIM LEAGUE: MEMPHIS GRIZZLIES

Mod over at reddit.com/r/NOLAPelicans

Geaux Hornets! Contributor PrepP's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by LoCo89 View Post
    Here's the way I've always looked at the ratings. On 2K you can see players letter grades for things like how we see in the sim league. But each of those letter grades is made up of more than one type of stat. So like defense is made up of post defense, perimeter defense, stealing etc, that all boil to a letter grade. So when we spend money to up someone's stats, we're increasing one part of what makes up the letter grade which is why there isn't always a bump up to the next level like C+ to B-. At least that's how I always looked at it

EDIT: if it seems all jumbled up, I was typing this up on my phone
    Thanks Loco. That makes more sense. But what exactly does a better potential do for a players ratings? does it mean they have a better chance of increasing their skills in training camp, etc?

Raises ceiling I'd guess. But we've seen a ton of players (oyediji and hullett) have A potential and be worse than when we started or a guy like odom who had b potential but stats and production drop. I don't think I'd ever put my points into potential honestly. No defined variables.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! LoCo89's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by PrepP View Post
    Thanks Loco. That makes more sense. But what exactly does a better potential do for a players ratings? does it mean they have a better chance of increasing their skills in training camp, etc?
    Lmao I thought we were talking about stats I totally skittered over that you were asking about potential. I'm pretty sure it does just that, raises or lowers their 'potential' to be better, but it doesn't mean they will be better. Like BSH, I don't usually put much stock into it but mainly just because I haven't seen it effect any of my guys negatively. In the last two seasons Zo went from B to C to now D potential and has had no change in his stats. EB had a drop in stats for defense I believe, but that was before his potential fell.

Any 1st takes or power rankings coming up soon?

You know, a sim would be more more convenient for me tonight rather than tomorrow.
    Quote Originally Posted by Conroy View Post
    I feel like I'm wasting my time compared to Sound.
    Quote Originally Posted by NOLa. View Post
    I think Sound just upped the standards in the league.
    GM of the Year

Thread Information