Pelicans Report

Page 207 of 986 FirstFirst ... 107 157 197 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 217 257 307 707 ... LastLast
Results 5,151 to 5,175 of 24645

Thread: League Chat Thread

The Mad Titan    Contributor   
    Quote Originally Posted by Hornets78 View Post
    I was satisfied with the current FA process.
    you WOULD be, I don't know what that means.

Fire Monty!! Contributor AD23forMVP's Avatar
    This year for FA, you'll just send all your bids to me via PM. That way we don't have people raising prices on players and then bailing at the last minute, and it'll be much easier for me.
    PelicansReport.com Sim League
    New Orleans Hornets General Manager

Wow that 50 message limit won't be enough for you

HR Sim League - Washington Wizards

Wouldn't you just send everyone you bid on the $$ in 1 PM? should be 30 bids max each time.

I have 150.

Quote Originally Posted by BallSoHard View Post
    Wouldn't you just send everyone you bid on the $$ in 1 PM? should be 30 bids max each time.
    Exactly. It's a lot easier for me that way. Plus it makes for more realistic contracts, most of the time.

Will there be anyway to at least know who is bidding on who?
    #FREEQUAIL

If you want to openly discuss it.

CP3 has deceitful eyes ohnosono's Avatar
    I miss the old way already

The old way didn't work.

Quote Originally Posted by CP3forMVP View Post
    The old way didn't work.
    I like that we're learning and making better processes.

CP I have a question regarding the points because i may or may not have claimed too many and i want to be transpartent.
    If shaq has a 55 Point 25 rebound game (This has happened)
    Do i get to claim:
    2 points for 55 points
    2 Points for 25 Rebounds
    5 Points for 30/20 Game

or just
    5 Points for 30/20 Game?

The way I read it was the first way after this explaination: Please note that these awards are not cumulative, meaning if a player scores 60 points, you do not get the money for scoring 40-49, or 50-59. Meaning The points can't be added but seperate achivements can be added up seperately.

I like that we're learning and making better processes.

CP I have a question regarding the points because i may or may not have claimed too many and i want to be transpartent.
    If shaq has a 55 Point 25 rebound game (This has happened)
    Do i get to claim:
    2 points for 55 points
    2 Points for 25 Rebounds
    5 Points for 30/20 Game

or just
    5 Points for 30/20 Game?

The way I read it was the first way after this explaination: Please note that these awards are not cumulative, meaning if a player scores 60 points, you do not get the money for scoring 40-49, or 50-59. Meaning The points can't be added but seperate achivements can be added up seperately.
    For right now you get to the claim the way you said though, but I'll probably tinker with it some after the season.

The old way didn't work.
    Agreed. I don't think this system will be that much better though.

We won't have people driving up the price because of the anonymity, true. The system will be different but you can't change the people who are bidding. Those are the guys who think it's smart to offer these ridiculous contracts to a bunch of people they don't need, and now that it's anonymous they might get even worse. I guess it's still more fair than the way we've been doing it.

Quote Originally Posted by NolaHornets23 View Post
    Agreed. I don't think this system will be that much better though.

We won't have people driving up the price because of the anonymity, true. The system will be different but you can't change the people who are bidding. Those are the guys who think it's smart to offer these ridiculous contracts to a bunch of people they don't need, and now that it's anonymous they might get even worse. I guess it's still more fair than the way we've been doing it.
    Well, I think the main thing is if there's a rule to stop people from bidding more salary than they have; CP3 can actually monitor that. Like with all of your bids you must submit external FA year 1 sum and Internal year 1 sum.

So if you had 15 millions in Cap space and had bids for $17 million external and 10 million internal, we know that wouldn't work.

#CauseImAsFreeAsABirdNow    Contributor   
    Updated trading block:

Corliss Williamson, Ron Mercer, and Robert Traylor are available. Not looking to immediately move them, but curious to hear offers. Looking for a solid PF with good defense/rebounding
    People's Basketball Sim League presents...

1995-96 Season
    C Kevin Willis | PF Brian Grant | SF Jalen Rose | SG Michael Finley | PG Terrell Brandon
    Key Reserves: Dikembe Mutombo | Todd Day

If you want to openly discuss it.
    I mean I don't want to openly discuss it, but I see a lot of players getting overpaid. At least if you knew a certain player had 4 offers (not even neccessarily who they are from) it would help.

Quote Originally Posted by HornetsFaninKY View Post
    I mean I don't want to openly discuss it, but I see a lot of players getting overpaid. At least if you knew a certain player had 4 offers (not even neccessarily who they are from) it would help.
    Maybe even a thread saying "Sources say Hornets, Bucks, Lakers, etc. are expressing interest" You have no idea what the deal is that is being offered, but it give you an idea of who's offering, and you know their cap situation.

Are we still allowed to submit updated offers to you, CP? Like we send one, then decide to up the ante after assessing everything.

Haven't thought that far ahead lol

Quote Originally Posted by IamQuailman View Post
    Maybe even a thread saying "Sources say Hornets, Bucks, Lakers, etc. are expressing interest" You have no idea what the deal is that is being offered, but it give you an idea of who's offering, and you know their cap situation.

Are we still allowed to submit updated offers to you, CP? Like we send one, then decide to up the ante after assessing everything.
    I would think if you're sending them in batch, think hard about your offer and submit it so his inbox isnt flooded.

I would think if you're sending them in batch, think hard about your offer and submit it so his inbox isnt flooded.
    Fair enough haha

Also, CP3 will have more knowledge of bids, allowing him to outbid anyone if he wanted. I know he won't abuse that power but just pointing out that any way we decide to go will have it's flaws. POWER CAN CORRUPT ANYONE, EVEN ON THE SMALLEST LEVEL.

If this way makes it easier for him, then I'm all for it because he's already doing a good bit of work to keep this thing running smoothly. I just hate the idea of not knowing if someone is offering one of my players more than I am. I think that paranoia will creep in and we'll have people starting off with even higher bids because of the uncertainty.

you WOULD be, I don't know what that means.
    I do think the new way may be better, but it did help knowing whether I had to outbid someone for the guys I specifically which was only the case for Etan Thomas since the Suns wanted him too. I was fortunate I had enough cap room to get everyone I wanted so I could offer fair contracts from the get go instead of low-balling FAs. Honestly, FA won't be that big of a deal since most of my guys are back for the next couple of seasons and I will only have about 5-7 million instead of the 30+ million I had last offseason.

I do agree that this new way will be fairer since other teams were offering way more than the cap space or roster space they had.

Emeka Okafor - Joe Smith - Carmelo Anthony - Manu Ginobili - Jason Williams

Al Jefferson - James Posey - Aaron McKie - Shaun Livingston

Also, CP3 will have more knowledge of bids, allowing him to outbid anyone if he wanted. I know he won't abuse that power but just pointing out that any way we decide to go will have it's flaws. POWER CAN CORRUPT ANYONE, EVEN ON THE SMALLEST LEVEL.

If this way makes it easier for him, then I'm all for it because he's already doing a good bit of work to keep this thing running smoothly. I just hate the idea of not knowing if someone is offering one of my players more than I am. I think that paranoia will creep in and we'll have people starting off with even higher bids because of the uncertainty.
    Well, alot of FAs were being low-balled from the beginning so now this will force teams to make fair offers. It was crazy seeing starters who averaged 15/8 being offered 2 million a season.

Quote Originally Posted by Hornets78 View Post
    Well, alot of FAs were being low-balled from the beginning so now this will force teams to make fair offers. It was crazy seeing starters who averaged 15/8 being offered 2 million a season.
    And Earnest Brown is making like 14 million in the final year of his contract.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! LoCo89's Avatar

Look, couldn't he have been technically screwing with FA anyway. I mean we're assuming he puts our bids in fairly now, and nobody's had a problem. So why would you all of a sudden not trust him?
    HR SIM LEAGUE: MEMPHIS GRIZZLIES

Mod over at reddit.com/r/NOLAPelicans

Thread Information