Pelicans Report

Page 198 of 987 FirstFirst ... 98 148 188 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 208 248 298 698 ... LastLast
Results 4,926 to 4,950 of 24655

Thread: League Chat Thread

I cleared it
    HR Sim League Orlando Magic

PG: Luke Ridnour, Delonte West, Greg Minor

SG: Andre Iguodala, Mickael Pietrus

SF: Shareef Abdur-Rahim, Boris Diaw

PF: Charlie Villanueva, Ian Mahinimi, Amir Johnson

C: Eddy Curry, Mamadou Ndiaye, Adam Parada

does anyone know why we cant have more inbox storage?

#QUAILS MOM

The Mad Titan    Contributor   
    If you become a contributor, you get a lot more storage. I just forgot my paypal account info.

Quote Originally Posted by BallSoHard View Post
    If you become a contributor, you get a lot more storage. I just forgot my paypal account info.
    eh not really worth it

CP3 has deceitful eyes ohnosono's Avatar
    Not at all. Though I do appreciate those who pay to keep the site going.

Quote Originally Posted by NolaHornets23 View Post
    Not at all. Though I do appreciate those who pay to keep the site going.
    Great new avatar, bud.

Quote Originally Posted by The JNR View Post
    Great new avatar, bud.
    Have you heard F&L 2 yet? I'm really enjoying it. Far improved from Lasers.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! LoCo89's Avatar
    This is good to hear. I actually really enjoyed Lasers for a long time. Haven't gotten around to listen to his new one, haven't had a chance to rip it. CDs still in the package
    HR SIM LEAGUE: MEMPHIS GRIZZLIES

Mod over at reddit.com/r/NOLAPelicans

Quote Originally Posted by LoCo89 View Post
    This is good to hear. I actually really enjoyed Lasers for a long time. Haven't gotten around to listen to his new one, haven't had a chance to rip it. CDs still in the package
    If you're really pro-government you might not like a lot of the songs. I know a lot of people hated words I never say because of his stances on a few things.

Yeah, I'm really digging it too. I do think he's almost too angry, but the raps are really good. My only real complaint is that the hooks are for the most part weak. I've always thought most of his hooks were weak, though.

Overall, it's worlds better than Lasers and about on par with F&L 1, but still a tick below The Cool for me.

If you're really pro-government you might not like a lot of the songs. I know a lot of people hated words I never say because of his stances on a few things.
    As long as it hates on all the government and not just one sided, i don't care.

As long as it hates on all the government and not just one sided, i don't care.
    yeah, it's more about fascism veiled in democracy. Not your typical my side is better than yours crap.

Quote Originally Posted by The JNR View Post
    Yeah, I'm really digging it too. I do think he's almost too angry, but the raps are really good. My only real complaint is that the hooks are for the most part weak. I've always thought most of his hooks were weak, though.

Overall, it's worlds better than Lasers and about on par with F&L 1, but still a tick below The Cool for me.
    He is angry. He got screwed around by his record company for a while, plus he got a lot of backlash for being "anti-american" because apparently you can't criticize our foreign policy in this country.

Yeah, his hooks have seemed to get weaker each album. His message has gotten stronger though. The songs just seem more natural than Lasers. Witty bars, solid rhyme schemes. His flow has always been one of my favorite qualities of his.

He is angry. He got screwed around by his record company for a while, plus he got a lot of backlash for being "anti-american" because apparently you can't criticize our foreign policy in this country.

Yeah, his hooks have seemed to get weaker each album. His message has gotten stronger though. The songs just seem more natural than Lasers. Witty bars, solid rhyme schemes. His flow has always been one of my favorite qualities of his.
    I've never owned his albums but i always dig his stuff (and common) when it comes on pandora. I typically like wrap with a message and not 2 Chainz-like rap. "All I want for my birthday is a big booty ho"

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! Trell's Avatar

Sorta like Hopsin. Most msuic is what you feel, so when your writing it comes with ease. Every song should have a message and a positive one. This is why I dig Lupe.
    Last edited by Trell; 10-10-2012 at 05:04 PM.

I've never owned his albums but i always dig his stuff (and common) when it comes on pandora. I typically like wrap with a message and not 2 Chainz-like rap. "All I want for my birthday is a big booty ho"
    Most main stream music sucks. It's weird how the guys with good positive music don't get the recognition they deserve whe guys like 2Chainz, Wayne etc. make (what I call) bad poetry, and is so called "the best rappers." Ishh weirds.

I don't think the message needs to be positive always. I just want to listen to real talk and someone who's versed in the world and not just the ghetto.

Quote Originally Posted by Trell View Post
    Most main stream music sucks. It's weird how the guys with good positive music don't get the recognition they deserve whe guys like 2Chainz, Wayne etc. make (what I call) bad poetry, and is so called "the best rappers." Ishh weirds.
    Wayne kept repeating he was the best rapperuntil people started believing him... I do like Kayne's stuff a lot as far as mainstream is concerned though.

I don't think the message needs to be positive always. I just want to listen to real talk and someone who's versed in the world and not just the ghetto.
    Yea everyone like a little amp music every now and then. But I think most rappers rap about the ghetto so people can relate and hopefully change the outcome on how certain peopl/kids life turns out. Tupac helped me alot, so there messages means alot to some. But now most rappers make certain things seem cool and promote than attempt to stop it.

Wayne kept repeating he was the best rapperuntil people started believing him... I do like Kayne's stuff a lot as far as mainstream is concerned though.
    He's a great beat maker/producer. I like the old Kanye better though. His old stuff like 808's and Heartbreak , Graduation and Homecoming. He changed over-time but I guess that happens to everyone.

Yea everyone like a little amp music every now and then. But I think most rappers rap about the ghetto so people can relate and hopefully change the outcome on how certain peopl/kids life turns out. Tupac helped me alot, so there messages means alot to some. But now most rappers make certain things seem cool and promote than attempt to stop it.
    That's the funny thing though. Last i heard, and i could be wrong, but something like 70% of people that buy rap are white young males not in the ghetto, so i'm not sure if it's "relating" for everyone. I know it wasn't like that for me also, but I listened to Pac a ton and still do.

He's a great beat maker/producer. I like the old Kanye better though. His old stuff like 808's and Heartbreak , Graduation and Homecoming. He changed over-time but I guess that happens to everyone.
    Yeah, hungry Kayne was better than rich Kayne. I did like Watch the throne though.

I actually liked Wayne a lot until he got too famous/drugged out. His flow was ridiculous back then and though his content was never that great he had a lot of nice punchlines. I'd say around the carter 3 is where I couldn't stand his "music" anymore.

That's the funny thing though. Last i heard, and i could be wrong, but something like 70% of people that buy rap are white young males not in the ghetto, so i'm not sure if it's "relating" for everyone. I know it wasn't like that for me also, but I listened to Pac a ton and still do.
    Mostly whites buy the the album. Lot of black either download it off the internet, or bootleg man. Even though I tried to support someone I looked up to I ended up going with either of those options. From what I seen with friends, and peers period. Certain music and stars actually help others life. Seeing Fresh Prince and listening to Tupac made me want to be an entertainer and helped me become a better child instead of following peers. If I was to be a follower IDK how I would be. So music is important. It was made to express your-self and help others. Not brag on what you got and others don't.

I actually liked Wayne a lot until he got too famous/drugged out. His flow was ridiculous back then and though his content was never that great he had a lot of nice punchlines. I'd say around the carter 3 is where I couldn't stand his "music" anymore.

When he wanted to be a "rockstar" it changed for me. The Hotboy Wayne is crazytalented as he still is, he just choose to use that talent in a way a kinda dislike. I can't lie, I bump it from time to time.

Thread Information