Pelicans Report

Page 18 of 986 FirstFirst ... 8 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 28 68 118 518 ... LastLast

Thread: League Chat Thread

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! Bee-Fense's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by LoCo89 View Post
    I think I'm out too. While I don't really agree with his "epic rant" he has a point. Kinda crappy to just kick him out, trading was opened and people took the trades for some reason... But they did and he did it all within the rules that were set forth at the time. IDK, maybe I'm just tired and over reacting But it just seems like a crappy precedent that if people complain, stuff gets changed. I know we re all new at this, but just look what people have him, freaking Kobe! And a young one at that. It wasn't a smart trade on the other guys fault and now slim is gone. Idk man..
    He didn't kick him out; nolaslim just quit.

Fire Monty!! Contributor AD23forMVP's Avatar
    Yeah, I don't have the authority to do that. Even if I did I wouldn't kick anyone out lol
    PelicansReport.com Sim League
    New Orleans Hornets General Manager

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! LoCo89's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by CP3forMVP View Post
    Yeah, I don't have the authority to do that. Even if I did I wouldn't kick anyone out lol
    No you're right, let me change the wording to "nudged out" he took advantage of the rules, people decided it wasn't fair, mass confusion ensued, and the rules got changed. Of course he's gonna quit, he got a good team that *******ses decided to give him, and now he can't have it because the rules were changed. We're really just gonna pretend like that's no big deal and its all his fault?

and I know he was giving you crap the whole time CP3, but its because none of the rules were really set and some have been changed since they were set. I just feel like maybe the start of the league got rushed and pushed out before it was ready, which made it really tough to know what to do, because we are all so new at this

He wasn't nudged out either. He made no mentioning of quitting while we were discussing the matter via pm, it wasn't until I saw his post in this thread that I found out. He could still be in the league if he wanted, that decision came 100% on is own.

Nobody is acting like its his fault. I've stood up and took blame for it on more than one occasion. I also apologized to him twice via pm. He in return decided to act like a child via pm and in this thread. No problem though. Like I said, it's my fault, I made a mistake. I should have never allowed trades during the creation draft. I've never seen another league do it so I don't know why I thought we could in our league.

I've never ran a league before. There is no instruction manual on how to run one, how to work the program, how to deal with HTML and uploading every file indivually to a website that I had to create, I'm learning on the go. I never said this would be smooth at first, and it certainly hasn't been. Everyone just doesn't seem to understand that I can't go into the program and press any button I want, the game decides what actions I can perform and which I can't. Pushing the league back won't fix that, again I'm learning on the fly. If I had to guess, I'd say I can't even press 1/4th of the buttons the league has to offer.
    Last edited by AD23forMVP; 05-21-2012 at 12:59 AM.

LOL, was it because of me that he got kicked? i can try to explain why i traded Kobe for Kidd, but whats the point?

with that KOBE is now on the trading block. i think in this alternate universe which is called a "Sim League" he will be convicted of RAPE. and will be the main actor in a remake of The Longest Yard (basketball version)

People here have no respect for Kidd and what he has done during the early 2000s. I watched Kobe and Kidd play back then and Kidd is clearly the better player

with that i have another question about the sim league :

to those who have experience with a sim league, did it ever happen that a player who became good in real life got stuck being an average player in the sim league? example : Chauncey Billups, Billups wasnt great till the 2004 Pistons championship, i dont want to mention others since they havent benn drafted yet, but i hope you get my point

HR Sim League - Washington Wizards

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! Bee-Fense's Avatar
    I don't think the Kobe trade was unreasonable at all.

I think the trading of future picks for second rounders in this draft were the not well thought out trades. I don't think people realized that those picks wouldn't mean a thing and that the 2nd rounder in this draft would get an all star.

And considering he did that multiple times, and tried doing that with me as well, he realized some did not look forward enough and tried to do that exploit as much as possible.

Oh and btw, everyone welcome Beelos who has chosen to take control of the Spurs.

The Kobe trade is very much still a possibility if Beelos wants to go in that direction. Slim only got mad and quit after I told him he would have to reacquire McDyess and O'Neal.

And let me make this clear too. I didn't cancel the trades because they were lopsided. That is between the GM's. I cancelled them because of a mistake I made in thinking that we could do trades without a cap and salaries yet because the season has not begun.
    Last edited by AD23forMVP; 05-21-2012 at 01:03 AM.

alright, apologies

So you are out too?

Quote Originally Posted by janjanjanjan3 View Post
    to those who have experience with a sim league, did it ever happen that a player who became good in real life got stuck being an average player in the sim league? example : Chauncey Billups, Billups wasnt great till the 2004 Pistons championship, i dont want to mention others since they havent benn drafted yet, but i hope you get my point
    anyone?

anyone?
    Most players develop,into their real life selves.

Are you out LoCo?

LMK.

LOL, was it because of me that he got kicked? i can try to explain why i traded Kobe for Kidd, but whats the point?

with that KOBE is now on the trading block. i think in this alternate universe which is called a "Sim League" he will be convicted of RAPE. and will be the main actor in a remake of The Longest Yard (basketball version)

People here have no respect for Kidd and what he has done during the early 2000s. I watched Kobe and Kidd play back then and Kidd is clearly the better player

with that i have another question about the sim league :

alright then why didnt u draft kidd first then.. i wouldnt trade kobe for anyone and i still think it was a bad trade

and im not trying to build a championship team in the first year like slim did, not tried to do, did.. so im fine with waiting 3 years to compete when billups is an allstar

CP3 has deceitful eyes ohnosono's Avatar
    The Kobe deal was fair, though I felt slim got the better end of the deal.

Quote Originally Posted by bojangles837 View Post
    alright then why didnt u draft kidd first then.. i wouldnt trade kobe for anyone and i still think it was a bad trade
    because i turned my 5th into a 3rd in the process. jeez

Quote Originally Posted by bojangles837 View Post
    i wouldnt trade kobe for anyone and i still think it was a bad trade
    Who asked for your opinion?

was it you who drafted Billups? LOL he was the backup of teebee back then.

It's my first time on a sim league that is why I asked this :

to those who have experience with a sim league, did it ever happen that a player who became good in real life got stuck being an average player in the sim league?

anyone?
    Happens all the time. Also the younger guys who were mediocre tend to develop into studs.

so theres a chance Kwame turns into a good baller?

oh and btw NolaHornets23, your inbox is full

so theres a chance Kwame turns into a good baller?

oh and btw NolaHornets23, your inbox is full
    Yup. Hopefully people aren't drafting based on real life. Potential is a pretty important rating in these things.

1 i dont need to be asked of my opinion. i just give it and 2 i really dont care.. i will have a championship contending team in a couple of seasons

how come Chuck Person and Dell Curry have Bs in their potential and are 36 yrs old?

That is peculiar.

hey draft vinny del negro.. he has b potential
    Last edited by bojangles837; 05-21-2012 at 04:07 AM.

is there a penalty for going over the cap?

Quote Originally Posted by NolaHornets23 View Post
    The Kobe deal was fair, though I felt slim got the better end of the deal.
    Imagine that he wanted Duncan too For 2 future picks and some more in this year's draft. Mr Duncan's untouchable
    PR SIM LEAGUE - Cleveland Cavaliers

2000/01 Finalist *** 2001/02 Best Eastern record *** No longer a proud owner of Timmy D

Starting Five: PG Eric Snow | SG Lou Williams | SF Josh Howard | PF Pau Gasol | C Mehmet Okur

Thread Information